Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy DVD Thread
View Single Post
post #3818 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 10:39 AM
Meteora2004
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Red face Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

I don't normally do reviews; I'm not a very big fan of star ratings or anything, and I can't judge my enjoyment of a particular match on a scale of 1-5. So, since I was drunk for almost all of DGUSA on Saturday - along with Fitz and KaijuuuuFanuuuuu - thanks to a 40, I'll rate everything out of 40 oz. I think that offers me a lot more freedom for variety. If I remember enough, maybe I'll even add a comment or two. Oh, and I'll do it all in COMIC SANS.

Dragon Gate USA - Bushido: Code of the Warrior 2011
OR
Open the Show Title That Sounds Like a Video Game Title Gate

a. Pre-show: The Scene vs. Uhaa Nation & BJ Whitmer
40/40 oz.
I wish our Colt 45s had 45 oz. so I could rate this even higher. Uhaa is my new favorite wrestler ever. That's all I remember, but it was amazing.

1. Masato Yoshino vs. A.R. Fox
33/40 oz.

Nice back-and-forth match. I like Fox but I like Yoshino way more. Yep.

2. Brodie Lee vs. PAC
31/40 oz.

If it weren't for the fact that PAC is now built like a four-foot-tall Steve Austin, the chances of us seeing more of Brodie decimating him would have been much higher. Not that I hate PAC or anything. Still some cool shit, though.

3. Akira Tozawa vs. Rich Swann
40/40 oz.

They broke the mold when they made Tozawa. This gets the full 40 based on his amazing pre-match performance alone. If I were a record executive I would have signed that motherfucker to a deal right on the spot. It was funny to see Swann nail the standing 450 here, and then fuck it up at CZW. Speaking of CZW, I can't guarantee I'll be able to post a review for that one since I was actually sober, but we'll see.

4. Johnny Gargano vs. BxB Hulk
36/40 oz.

Over the past year Gargano has become one of my favorite wrestlers, and BxB is BxB so this was great. Fuck the crowd for not wanting to help get our JG-approved "cat's pajamas" chant going, though. Show some goddamn respect to the bee's knees!

5. South Philly Street Fight
Pinkie Sanchez vs. Sabu
14/40 oz.

I think this is the point when we started losing our buzz, and it couldn't have been at a worse time. I mean, it was Sabu at the ECW Arena, but it was fucking terrible. And a submission finish for a street fight with him involved? FUCK THAT SHIT. He should keep shaving his head.

6. Open The Freedom Gate Title
YAMATO vs. Chuck Taylor
28/40 oz.

Good match, but I hated the finish, which is pretty much the sole reason for the lower rating. The post-match stuff was awesome, though, so it gets a couple extra ounces of backwash as a consolation prize.

7. Open The Untied Gate Titles
CIMA & Ricochet vs. Sami Callihan & Arik Cannon
26/40 oz.

I would have to watch this again, but my initial reaction was one of disappointment. It was a perfectly fine match, but it had the potential to be crazy good, even if this technically wasn't the biggest show of the weekend. On a side note, I still haven't seen much reason for me to like Arik Cannon.

Gabe seems to be moving away from the "every show is a supercard" approach, which is impossible to accomplish when you're always running fucking tripleshots, anyway. I have fun at DGUSA shows when I'm there live, but for a long time now he hasn't been able to give me a reason to care enough to buy any iPPVs or DVDs. I guess you could call it a "lack of motivation." RIGHT, GABERZ? After being at United: NYC where they first tried the two-hour sprint with no intermission, by the third match I was expecting the exact same thing, so it didn't surprise me and I actually liked that.

Also, after the show we walked up to the Highspots table and manning the table was ... Jake Manning. He was pretty cool, and we talked about a few things, mainly 5 Dollar Wrestling and how he's able to not completely bust out laughing when he interviews Freight Train. I decided not to get the 5 for $40 deal from PWG's site, for a few reasons, so I just picked up BOLA; I'm really looking forward to watching that.

Last edited by Meteora2004; 11-15-2011 at 10:43 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome