Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - International Matches Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 11-12-2011, 08:31 AM   #1446 (permalink)
D17
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags

D17 needs to make some friendsD17 needs to make some friendsD17 needs to make some friendsD17 needs to make some friendsD17 needs to make some friendsD17 needs to make some friendsD17 needs to make some friendsD17 needs to make some friendsD17 needs to make some friendsD17 needs to make some friends
Default Re: International Matches Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader13 View Post
Pele is full of shit. Comes out with bollocks that Messi isn't great because he hasn't performed at a World Cup - does that mean Davor Suker is better than him? Says Maradona was one footed and had personal problems (no shit) and that means he can't be considered to be the best. Rooney isn't great because he doesn't score more goals, this coming from a man who's career goals came in the Brazilian league, which is probably at a better standard today. I've never seen the fuss about Pele, I doubt that he actually ever scored over a 1000 goals and that it was just fixed to look so either by him or by the Brazilian FA for their golden child; similar to what Romario attempted to do (either that or he includes goals he scored when he was a child). I also find it interesting that I've rarely seen professional players say that Pele is their favourite player and what got them into the sport; Cruyff, Maradona, van Basten, Platini all have been mentioned by top players, even the Brazilian Ronaldo seems to be more highly thought of than Pele in that sense.

Basically, Pele is a moron. Considering that I don't see him as the best ever, he's also an overrated one at that.
Repped.

Also, his 3 world cup claims which therefore make him the supposed GOAT by default....For one he was injured for like the whole tournament, an other one he had (from what i've heard, can't judge for myself as I wans't born) the best international team of all time playing with him, and a third one where fair enough he played well, but had Garrincha with him, who also form what i've heard and seen did just as much as Pele in the '58 WC.
D17 is offline   Reply With Quote