Convinced Vince to make me a Main-Eventer
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The REAL Northern Virginia
Favourite(s): The Phenomenal One, CERO MIEDO, & The Beast
Re: Official Indy DVD Thread
ROH on HDNet - Volume 1
Tyler Black vs. Jimmy Jacobs - ***
Bryan Danielson vs. Austin Aries - ***1/4
Austin Aries vs. Kenny Omega - ***1/4
Bryan Danielson vs. Tyler Black - ***3/4
Austin Aries vs. Roderick Strong - ***1/4
Bryan Danielson vs. Tyler Black ***3/4+
Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. The All Night Express - ***
Jay Briscoe vs. Kenny King vs. Kenny Omega - ***1/4
ROH World Tag Team Championship - Tables Are Legal
Kevin Steen & El Generico(c) vs. The American Wolves - ***1/2
ROH World Championship - Four Corner Survival
Jerry Lynn(c) vs. Tyler Black vs. Bryan Danielson vs. Austin Aries - ****1/4
- The Danielson/Black series was a huge part of the set. Both matches are great but I adored the 2nd one. It was much slower but it just kept building and building to the finish, which I thought came off great.
- On the DVD box it says Steenerico/ANX is a Tag Title match, but it actually isn't. Regardless it's a really fun spotfest I'd compare to ANX/Future Shock from FB 2010. Not as good, but along those lines as far as match structure. The post match beatdown from The Wolves were shown which eventually lead to this:
- The tables match is great, but didn't hold up as well on my 2nd(might actually be 3rd) viewing. The first couple table spots didn't come off as well because the table was set up awkwardly or didn't break. The last few, while they aren't super creative, looked tremendous.
- The World Title match is completely awesome. Aries' heel tactics are great as usual, they had some really creative spots, and there were a few really believable nearfalls. Lynn and Danielson looked like hell afterwards and I'm glad all that was shown. Definitely one of the best matches in HDNet history.
- Expect a lot more of these HDNet reviews to come. I'm stocking up on almost all the volumes.
REDSKINS / WIZARDS
Last edited by Corey; 11-04-2011 at 12:24 AM.