Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - I hate Chris Jericho

View Single Post

Old 10-31-2011, 05:33 PM   #33 (permalink)
Andre
BLACK MARKET SMILIES

Andre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by SeabsAndre is probably liked by Seabs
Default Re: I hate Chris Jericho

Felt like this is something I had to get involved in seeing as I have strong opinions on the subject. Even if this is a troll thread, here goes...

Chris Jericho has always been a consistenly good worker throughout his career and was more than reliable enough to occupy an upper mid card spot in WWE throughout the last decade. His greatest and most creative promo work was produced during his 98-99 heel run in WCW. He came into WWF during the summer of 99 to much fanfare and hype which resulted in a relatively dissapointing first couple of years due to high expectations. It probably didn't help his cause that he debuted at a time when The Rock was red hot and Stone Cold was at the height of his popularity. Never the less, a slow start followed by some less than steller title runs suggest that he lacks the spark to cement himself as one of the greats. Y2J also failed to become a big main event draw. The biggest piece of evidence that suggests he's overrated is the idea that there has always been atleast one better worker in WWE at any given time while Jericho has been active. The same could be said in regards to promo skills.

All of this suggests a very consistant performer who can entertain and work a crowd with his versatile skills. Certainly not the 'best in the world'.
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote