Wrestling Forum banner

International Matches Discussion Thread

236K views 6K replies 264 participants last post by  steamed hams 
#1 ·
boo'urns.

#1,883 · (Edited)
thank god italy is not in the group of death like last time, italy can qualify with spain in quater finals, netherland, germany, portugal and denmark = group of death. i guess netherlands and germany would most likely qualify. why did they put poland, grecce, russia and czech republic in one group.

#1,885 ·
That's definitely not a good group for Italy, both Ireland and Croatia are capable of taking points from them.

The Gods shined on England there, thank God we avoided Group B. It's all destined for an England vs Germany final :side:

There's some cracking ties there.

#1,886 ·
Glad England avoided the group of death. Poor Ireland, getting grouped with Spain but they could take points from Italy and Croatia. Group A is the easiest group of them all and group B is the hardest one. It'll be exciting to see some of the games from that group in particular.

#1,887 ·
that was last year, i am sure this time it wont happen, plus england group is not so easy, ukraine and france can take points from them. i doubt england would reach the final, italy has more chances than england from reaching the finals. 1st group i predict that greece and russia would qualify. group b would be tough, but i think germany and netherland would qualify, group c would most likely be spain and italy. group d would most likely be england and france. i would not be suprised if it would be ukraine instead of france though

#1,892 ·
You think Ukraine can draw/beat England, a team who still rely a fair bit on Shevchenko, but dont consider Ireland a threat to Italy... a team who have conceded only 2 goals in their last 11 games, and nearly, and should have beat Italy away in the WC 2008 qualifiers?

Keep up the confidence, I wouldnt be suprised if Italy choked in our group.

#1,894 ·
The favourites don't all go through, it never works like that. France and England have about an easy group as they could have wished for, Spain and Germany are a cut above the rest, so that leaves Italy and Holland, both with really tough groups. I'd go with those 2 to be knocked out.

I remember when we played France in Euro 2004, we took the lead, Beckham missed a penalty, then Zidane scored a free-kick right at the end, then I think it was Gerrard with the most woeful back pass resulted in a last minute Zidane penalty and France win. Though that was a much stronger French team.

#1,912 ·
So England to come 2nd in our group then out to Spain in the quarter finals. Nice

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.