Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - General Gaming Discussion

View Single Post

Old 10-12-2011, 11:03 AM   #5084 (permalink)
Kun10
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

Kun10 Kun10 Kun10 Kun10 Kun10 Kun10 Kun10 Kun10 Kun10 Kun10
Default Re: General Gaming Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy3000 View Post
I've only been playing in short spurts, which probably isn't going to get you very far with a game like this, but I started 1-2 last night. Got close to where the boss battle is and one of the blue-eyed knights stabbed the shit out of me. Went all the way back through (almost got roasted by that dragon on the bridge a few times)...and got murdered by the exact same cunt. Shut it off before I hurled it out the window. I'll take another stab at it later.

My character is pure melee right now. I'm a hunter (started a game as a hunter; sucked at that; started over as a barbarian; wasn't quite as sucky; then got real sucky; went back to original game as hunter...only sort of sucky now, which is an improvement) so I'm all about the battle axe/scimitar and ranged weapons (usually the bow). I hear the 1-2 boss battle is a breeze for magic types, while melee characters will find it much tougher. GREAT news, there.
Don't want to ruin it for you but you're actually better off doing 2-1 next, then 3-1 and so forth. Not sure if it is the official way as the jump in difficulty from world 5 to 1-2 wasn't that big. It was probably the easiest world yet after I killed the Red Dragon.

Ranged/Magic characters definitely seem to fare a lot better. Theres been 1 or 2 enemies/levels/bosses which have kicked the fuck out of my weak little royalty guy but for the most part everything seems to suit my style of play much better. Before my save file got corrupted I was Royalty again (essentially a magic thief) yet I had a big ass sword and shield, and armour so heavy I couldn't roll. Not a good idea.

I'd pretty much advise EVERYBODY to get magic though. Soul Arrow has been absolutely amazing for me.