Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - WWE 2009 - Bridging the Gap

View Single Post

Old 10-11-2011, 09:22 AM   #48 (permalink)
Still Real To Me, Dammit!

2.0 101 - 2502.0 101 - 250
Default Re: WWE 2009 - Bridging the Gap

Well, it's been 2 weeks since the PPV was posted so I guess I'll get things moving again with the predictions contest results. I awarded half a point for those who predicted more than one person for the GM but still got it right etc.

1st = hahawas with 18/30
Joint 2nd = JamJam and DTJ with 15/30

Hyperblast = 14.5/30
Cocobware = 14/30
TigerKing = 12.5/30
RockCity and NottherealOwen = 11/30

So there you have it. Congrats to hahawas with a high score of 18/30. Like I said before, I don't have anything to offer the winner so all you get is bragging rights I guess. Tell me who you like and I'll give them a push or something lol.

That's that bit done. Now for some news and notes.

Quote:
WWE.COM

Show stopped

At Wrestlemania 25 the WWE was set alight by the classic encounter between two of the most legendary superstars to ever step between the ropes. Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker captivated the world with their timeless match. Last night at Backlash, the pair once again made history in a thrilling encounter that involved everything but the kitchen sink. In the end, it was the Heartbreak Kid who managed to best his rival and pin the Deadman for the victory, finally certifying to himself that he could get the job done, a job he failed to do just one month prior at the grandest stage of them all. With both men at 1 apiece and both scheduled to be at the historic draft live on Raw, will they let their difference slide or will the world bear witness to another epic encounter?

Sending a Message

Despite his victory earlier in the evening, it was CM Punk that was left lying at the hands of the Big Show in a vicious backstage attack, the second in these past few weeks. Punk used his ever trusty Money in the Bank briefcase to seal the win but it was Big Show who used that very same briefcase to channel his rage and attack the straight edge superstar in the back. WWE.COM can exclusively reveal that Punk suffered injuries to his ribs and it is uncertain whether he will appear at the draft this Monday night. If he does, you can be sure that there’s only one person he’ll want to see. Will Punk make it to Raw and will Big Show be ready?

Foley Is Back

In a triumphant return to the WWE, WWE Legend Mick Foley has been revealed as the new Raw General Manager, along with Mr. Socko who met the inside of Chris Jericho’s mouth last night at Backlash. Foley’s on Raw, Flair’s on Smackdown, the draft is on Monday night, the wrestling world is ready to go! What will Foley have in store on his first night on the job and will he draft the superstars of his choice? Mrs. Foley’s baby boy is back in town!

The World Champions Retain

Edge and Randy Orton managed to keep hold of their respective World Heavyweight and WWE Championships in a huge main event tag team match against John Cena and Batista. It wasn’t an easy victory but in the end, it was the champions who stood tall. The Board of Directors has made it clear that the WWE Title is exclusive to Raw and the World Heavyweight Championship exclusive to Smackdown, as are their holders. Therefore, the de facto first picks of the draft have already been decided. Randy Orton, as WWE Champion, is staying put on Monday nights while the Rated R Superstar will find his home on the blue brand once again. Forgoing any title change on the night of the draft, both Orton and Edge will no doubt be anxiously awaiting to find out where their foes are placed, just like the rest of us.

Shaking things up!

Just one night after a historic Backlash, Monday night Raw enters draft mode. With nobody but Randy Orton and Edge safe, the landscape of the WWE is most definitely about to change. Will the CeNation on Smackdown finally get their leader back to where his career began? Will the Animal run rampant over Monday Night Raw? Will the Unified Tag Team Champions find themselves on different rosters? Will Big Show and CM Punk be separated before they get a chance to finish their business? There’s only one way to find out – tune in to Monday Night Raw, live for the annual WWE Draft!

Quote:
pwinsider.com

Word floating around backstage is that Vince and top management are overall very pleased with Backlash and how it went down last night. McMahon asked everybody to step up and deliver and he feels they did just that. Those in particular who impressed were CM Punk and Randy Orton. Vince is really high on both at the minute and is really loving everything they do so we can expect big things for both of them heading into the spring.

Both the Undertaker and Shawn Michaels were pretty beat up after their match. At this time it is unknown whether either man will be taking a post-Wrestlemania leave of absence or if they will be sticking around. With the draft set to take place on Raw later tonight, one source tells us that they will both be there so they can be assigned to their shows before then taking time off if they want it.

Talk has already begun about building the main events and central feuds heading into Summerslam. Management feels that the PPV doesn’t feel as big as it should and want to give it almost a Wrestlemania type feel this year. Our source tells us that feuds are being discussed right now but nobody outside the top brass is clued in because of the draft. Needless to say, we have been told to expect some major marquee match ups to take place at the show.

Mick Foley was received really well last night both on screen and off. He was said to have been making the rounds with old friends and even shared a laugh or two with Flair. It seems the trouble between the two has now passed and they are both looking forward to the challenge that lies ahead as the two new General Managers of Raw and Smackdown. The possibility of Foley crossing the line to an active participant has not been ruled out either. Flair on the other hand has fully retired from the ring and won’t be competing.
That's it for now. I'll put up a Raw preview when I get closer to posting the show itself.

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/booker...ml#post9608810
2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote