Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 10-06-2011, 11:37 PM   #297 (permalink)
Jack Evans 187
The Conqueror

Jack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselvesJack Evans 187 is making a name for themselves
Default Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

Just finished the first episode (9/24). Wasn't totally blown away, but noticed some vast improvements. Love the new black and red ring setup, also noticed the ring looked bigger. The new logo and animations look good. Nothing too crazy for the entrance setup, but the lights are a nice addition. Nigel and Kelly outta be a great announce team, lookin forward to that.

Future Shock vs. The Bravados was the same as all their other matches, which for first time viewers I bet they loved but for us we've seen it countless times. Obviously not bad, just the same. **3/4

The segments between matches were hit and miss for me. The commercial with Davey was pretty terrible imo, seemed extremely rehearsed and I just don't enjoy Davey on the mic. The one with DEM BOYZ was much better. Best in the World recap was understandable but Jesus they shoved it down our throats. DVD commercial, Kevin Kelly's coverage, ROH flashback, etc.

WGTT vs. KOW was a very good main event. When they showed the ages before the match it actually kinda shocked me. I knew WGTT were up there but damn... Shelton's 36? Anyway. These two teams have much better chemistry than WGTT/Briscoes, and it's a shame we never got Shelton vs. Hero, cause I think that'd be pretty fun. Some nice nearfalls, but the finish was flat, mainly because of the weak finisher for Haas & Benji. ***1/4