Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Abortion

Thread: Abortion
View Single Post

Old 10-02-2011, 08:47 PM   #90 (permalink)
Olympus
Old School

Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus
Default Re: Abortion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke2Death View Post
Seriously, that's what came to mind for me. Abortion should not be done just because life around your neighborhood is rough. With that logic, it means a poor family should kill their 3 year old kid just because he/she is living a hard life. Yet if someone does that, they'll get blasted and called a murderer. Just compare the situation of an unborn baby to that of a little newborn baby. How would killing the unborn baby make you feel and how would killing the newborn baby make you feel?
There's a difference between aborting a fetus and killing a toddler. I don't know why you would make that comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamillePunk View Post
Haha what the fuck? Are you serious? My grandparents had 7 kids in a low income household in a neighborhood with gang violence. All 7 are still alive and we have a great big happy family now. Examples like this are where abortion SHOULDN'T be an option. Rape, unhealthy fetus, abort to save the mother? Absolutely. Abort because you don't have a lot of money? Lol. If my grandparents could raise 7 kids on barely any money, parents these days can find a way to cut costs to raise 1.
Kids who are born into those situations often become a detriment to society because they grow up to become criminals. They're born into an environment where it's uncommon to not join a gang. Money is tight. Meals are few and far in between. It's tough to overcome that environment when they have virtually no positive influences in their life so they turn to a gang for support. It gives them a sense of belonging, protection, and most of the time a steady income from selling dope and doing all kinds of other shit.

I mean I could argue your reasons for abortion as well. Just because a child is the result of a rape doesn't mean it doesn't deserve to live and aborting to save the mother could be argued as being selfish. As for your reason of an "unhealthy fetus" I completely agree, depending on the defects.

I'm not trying to justify reasons to abort a fetus, just reasons as to why there should be a choice. It's YOUR fetus and you deserve to do what YOU want to do with it for the same reasons as to why you should be able to choose your career, your sexuality, or even what you have for dinner one night.

Choices should be available no matter what the situation.

Last edited by Olympus : 10-02-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Olympus is offline   Reply With Quote