Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread
Hello 1992! Where did they find the production crew for this show. It's obvious they were using early 90's tec and production know how, trying to imitate modern WWE with the blue lights on the crowd and and video interviews. The show felt like they were trying to replicate TNA style of interviews and their reality formula. I think they were even using TNAs old slogan and trying to use a version of their marketing campaign. They did poor jobs all round.
Future Shock vs. The Bravado Brothers *1/2
WGTT vs. The Kings of Wrestling **
The wrestling on this show was very long and boring. It doesn't look as real as WWE or TNA, much less believability. They were trying to fill out the shows runtime with longer matches, obvious they couldn't afford more backstage segments and in ring segments. They cover this up by stretching the matches out. Should avoid that in the future. Most WWE and TNA matches are 3 or so minuets so it is obvious they are better fighters if they win matches faster against bigger more skilled opponents.
Commentary is a big improvement over the regular commentator team. Hopefully they stick with these two guys. The audio was really bad.
- Obviously filmed in a high school gym.
- They need better writers for the wrestlers who don't have anything interesting to say ever.
- Huge improvement on commentary, they feel less amateur now.
- Show feels like a generic cheap wrestling show with little effort put in by everyone involved.
- Wrestlers have no it factor, feels like they are just collecting a payday while playing wrestler at their local high school gym.
"A thorough knowledge of the Bible is worth more than a college education." - Theodore Roosevelt
Last edited by ShimmerFan : 09-27-2011 at 02:53 AM.