Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

600K views 8K replies 532 participants last post by  adamclark52 
#1 ·
Unlike HDNet, the weekly broadcasts will air at different times and for those of us abroad, we'll be seeing it at all different times online too, so I guess we can discuss events/happenings here.

Here's the preview for this week.

SBG have brought some great technical leaps since HDNet. The Haas/Benjamin segment with them holding the belts looks real clear, for instance.

Can't wait.

#282 ·
Rewatched:

Jacobs/Bennett **1/4
Lethal/Generico ***3/4

What a great match in Lethal/Generico, Lethal's hair was epic too.

#284 ·
Hey I'm new here. But yeah heards awesome that TJP and Young Bucks have made deal with ROH. And Caprice Coleman did really impress me last year with his match against Colt Cabana. Haven't really see anything else from Caprice but he looked pretty solid.

Have to say about ROH TV that the concept is not in my mind. Okey I like the matches and last week there were two good matches like first show too, but its not enough. I get that ROH have to introduce their product to newer watchers but still I would like more concept like ROH had in HDNet. One match more, less commercials and I would like the whole show more.

Oh, and its good to hear Nigel! But I hope he gets little bit better in that color commentator thingie because he is quite quiet sometimes.

#286 ·
Also worth noting that Homicide and Rhino have been added to the roster page on ROHwrestling.com along with TJP, the Bucks, and C&C.

And Shane Hagadorn remains on the roster, despite SDR and the Kings being removed. Seems like a given that he'll emerge as Edwards' new trainer.

#287 ·
Awesome to see Perkins, I've been impressed with him in every match I've seen of his.

Second show was a lot better, they didn't have to do as much housekeeping and the show made a lot of sense. Might need to watch Lethal/Generico again but I don't know, wasn't feeling it. At least not as much as Lethal/Joe at Manhattan Mayhem.

#288 ·
It's great to see ROH bring in two new teams and TJP to help replenish their roster. Then there's Steen's inevitable return coming. It's amazing how no matter who they lose or how many guys they lose, ROH always manages to bounce back in terms of roster

#290 · (Edited)
Finlay would be so epic.

Also, who do you think they will get to come over from NOAH? Go and Nakajima again would be my picks, since they have improved alot since last being in ROH. A Morishima return would be awesome. Morishima vs Davey for the belt could be great if done right.

#294 ·
The only ones really worth bringing over are Shiozaki and Suzuki. KENTA I guess for the odd big double shot but there isn't much originality available for him and he really isn't all that good these days anyway. Nakajima too actually. I'd like to see Marvin brought over as a undercard guy though with one of them. That's literally it though. Heavyweight division sucks and the juniors match up better with most of ROH's wrestlers. Morishima can still have a great match with the right guy but I don't think ROH has the right guy. Their current top 3 guys certainly aren't. Thinking about that actually ROH really could do with some larger guys being pushed on the roster. All the top guys are kinda small and even Elgin is really small depsite his power. Sugiura wouldn't work, Bison has failed before. Not sure who that really leaves as the vets wont be coming over. Taniguchi can stay the fuck away too but in reality he's the guy who's mostly likely to end up being sent over for an extended stay sadly or a Kensuke Office guy like Kajiwara.

#296 ·
Dude.

Monster Morishima returns and eats Kyle O'Reilly his first week. In a follow-up, and topples Roderick Strong. NOAH management demands he get his belt back. He never got a rematch and he's hungrier than ever.

Richards can bump and sell for him. He lives to psychotically fight back from behind. Morishima can absorb kicks like nobody's business. Towering over the champion, the guy who blinded Bryan Danielson and went 3-1 against your commentator, Nigel McGuinness.

I'd be strongly inclined to drive across whatever states necessary to see it. Plausible that NOAH would let Morishima lose once, too, given how little they protect him on their TV now.

#297 ·
Just finished the first episode (9/24). Wasn't totally blown away, but noticed some vast improvements. Love the new black and red ring setup, also noticed the ring looked bigger. The new logo and animations look good. Nothing too crazy for the entrance setup, but the lights are a nice addition. Nigel and Kelly outta be a great announce team, lookin forward to that.

Future Shock vs. The Bravados was the same as all their other matches, which for first time viewers I bet they loved but for us we've seen it countless times. Obviously not bad, just the same. **3/4

The segments between matches were hit and miss for me. The commercial with Davey was pretty terrible imo, seemed extremely rehearsed and I just don't enjoy Davey on the mic. The one with DEM BOYZ was much better. Best in the World recap was understandable but Jesus they shoved it down our throats. DVD commercial, Kevin Kelly's coverage, ROH flashback, etc.

WGTT vs. KOW was a very good main event. When they showed the ages before the match it actually kinda shocked me. I knew WGTT were up there but damn... Shelton's 36? Anyway. These two teams have much better chemistry than WGTT/Briscoes, and it's a shame we never got Shelton vs. Hero, cause I think that'd be pretty fun. Some nice nearfalls, but the finish was flat, mainly because of the weak finisher for Haas & Benji. ***1/4

#299 ·
Biggest ROH Morishima mark in the world but something just makes me want to see two or three guys that I've hardly seen before and the freshness that all brings to the roster.

Anyway, are there any American NOAH regulars that could come in as a part of this? I don't follow NOAH, or wrestlers like Bobby Fish, closely enough to know the craic with them.

WGTT vs. KOW was a very good main event. When they showed the ages before the match it actually kinda shocked me. I knew WGTT were up there but damn... Shelton's 36?
Yeah, it's easy to forget that they were both in WWE for the best part of a decade, if not more.

#300 ·
I'm all for Morishima, KENTA, Nakajima and Go coming back. Taniguchi should come too.

But, the one guy I want to see in ROH is MiSu, since Davey trains with him. Imagine if Eddie turns heel, Davey and MiSu vs. Eddie and Morishima.

MiSu vs. O'Reilly
MiSu vs. Eddie
MiSu vs. Davey
MiSu vs. Elgin
MiSu vs. Ciampa

#304 ·
I have always liked puroresu but never really watched it regularly, so I don't really know about NOAH wrestlers anything. But I love the idea that ROH and NOAH change some talent again because last time it was freshing. But somebody mentioned Finlay. Finlay as regular ROH talent would be something awesome. He could get some talent more over and I'm pretty damn sure that every ROH wrestler has something to learn from Finlay. So he would be kinda good hiring because younger guys could learn from Finlay something and be better in future.

#305 ·
MiSu isn't happening. The only non NOAH japanese guys that would be realistic to get come over would all be juniors. Plus MiSu isn't connected with NOAH anymore and whilst he's working New Japan he wont be doing a states tour. If Togo's retirement tour makes it's way to the US after Europe then ROH would be wise to bring him in for a date or two.

Got around to watching the first 2 episodes, some quick thoughts.

- Arena looked packed which was great

- The tweet of the week thing needs to go RIGHT NOW. The TNA shot was so sad and bitter on Cornette's part it was sad

- Whoever that girl was they got to model the "ROH Apparel" they need to get her back to do more stuff RIGHT NOW

- The guy the voice over for them plugs seriously needs to slow down.

- Never talk to wrestling fans and air it on TV

- A lot of the out of ring segments were horribly scripted and sounded like some high school student was writing a essay on ROH. Davey's first with Kelly was so tedious. Brisoces one was much better because it was so much more natural and not fake scripted bullshit

- Kevin Kelly needs to be toned down a little. Just too full on and cheery and fake for me

- Nigel's return was great. Didn't sound the most natural commentator and him and Kelly need to work on their chemistry but the fundamentals were there and he's obviously going to improve. "The only way to beat 2 Kings is 2 aces and they're on their way to the ring right now"

- Don't ever say that anyone was beaten half to death again

- The Code Of Honor thing on the tale of the tape was odd. Either have all of the heels as no or don't bother with it at all

- Leaving the gym floor on show was a horrible decision

- If they're going to bleep out swear words then don't even have the wrestlers say them. Bleeping them out with a ring bell made them look like a total joke.

- Magazine type show was a nice touch, something different and works

Matches were all fine although nothing great. Bravados/FS was the weakest of their matches so far. Control segment sucked but it was a great showcase for FS and that's the main thing. FS promo was so corny but not their fault they got given that material. If I'd never watched ROH before then I probably wouldn't have had any clue that Bravados were heels

WGTT/Kings was a well worked STF match up until the hot tag and it's impossible for a well worked STF tag not be good. Good heat segment and built well to the tag. Got very Indy get my shit in after the tag but whatever. Really sucked how KOW never really got a send off from ROH and they just sorta left. Better than the HTCS match but below the other 2.

No thoughts on the WGTT promo. Wasn't bad nor good but I guess it served it's purpose.

Bennett feature was really good and made him look like a total superstar. Shame his match didn't back the feature up but that's to be expected. Hated how insignificant Jacobs and Corino were presented as during this. I was fine with the result and how they presented Bennett but this is why you need squashes and jobbers on some shows so you don't have to hurt another roster guy when you want to have someone like Bennett look dominant over another guy. Jacobs and Corino not getting mic time either before the match made me sad as they're 2 of very few legit good talkers that they have and they should have capitalised on that.

Eddie's promo on the magazine rocked. He's not a great talker and he wasn't here either but he told a great story and got his character over really fucking well in an instant. Only guy to make me care about his character on the first 2 shows.

Strong's promo was actually shockingly good besides the stupid ring bells. Came off as a total jackass heel and built up the match next week nicely. Davey's was horrible again though.

Lethal/Generico was a solid match. Nothing memorable or special in the first 15 minutes. Overtime rocked and the crowd starting going nuts and they had an amazing little sprint after the time limit. Not a fan of them reusing the same booking idea from Daniels/Edwards though but I'm fine with it.

Production looked ok too. Needs to be filmed in HD though in the current era.

No major complaints the show bar the few minor gripes that I listed and none of those really bring the show quality down

#306 ·
Maybe I'm looking too much into this, but I have noticed recently that Kevin Steen and Colt Cabana have been exchanging tweets about their feud last year. It pretty much has to do with the shit they got from the front office. I thought of the idea when Steen comes back that he and Cabana could be a team. Cabana, in my opinion, is stale and could use the heel turn. Just pure speculation on my part, but I think it could be a good angle.

#307 ·
Wait, are the Young Bucks and C&C officially signed 'cause there was no mention of it on the website like there was about TJP signing.Either way, it looks like ROH is going to be using all those guys more often so it's all good.They definitely needed some additions to the roster and those five are GREAT additions.Along with Rhino who needs to wrestle at more shows than just the NY ones.I also hope Homicide is back for good.Yes he's been hit or miss since his return but he's a name and can go and that's what ROH needs, guys with name value AND in-ring skills.The crazy thing is Mike Bennett has neither and is one of the most pushed guys on the roster.That feels like something WWE would do.

#309 ·
...ROH needs, guys with name value AND in-ring skills.The crazy thing is Mike Bennett has neither and is one of the most pushed guys on the roster.That feels like something WWE would do.
I think Bennett is little bit underrated in eyes of internet fans. Okey he isn't that good in ring and yeah he don't really have name value. But he is charismatic, great with mic and he looks like real superstar. And I think he can wrestle better than fans says he does. His style isn't just typical indystyle. Still Bennett has been disapointment if you remember the hype which he get when he was coming to ROH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.