Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 09-26-2011, 08:08 PM   #161 (permalink)
Zatiel
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER

Zatiel Zatiel Zatiel Zatiel Zatiel Zatiel Zatiel
Default Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

I thought the show was fine. Not bad, not great. Worked fine for introducing some new people. I felt like three matches would have done better, though, since the middle of the show dragged with so many non-in-ring videos and packages. I dig wanting to introduce the existence of iPPV's, non-TV events, the champ, etc., I just don't think that was the way to do it. I could be wrong.

McGuinness sounded so professional. One of the easiest commentators to listen to ROH has ever had, at least for that night. His return was all the fan service the show needed.

I thought Futureshock looked good. Spotty stuff should have some appeal.

Main event was also fine. Not a great match. I don't really think those two teams have had more than one great match anyway. But in terms of introducing the tag champs, it worked. They beat some big goofy-looking dudes.

While I didn't like so many non-wrestling bits, I thought the on-the-street segments were a great idea. I'd keep that up in some form.
Zatiel is offline   Reply With Quote