Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 09-25-2011, 03:43 PM   #89 (permalink)
fallaway1988
Still Real To Me, Dammit!

fallaway1988 is an after thought
Default Re: ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

People have raised lots of good points, and I’m glad it went down well with so many of you. I found it watchable, but my overall impression was of slight disappointment. The first match was average (positively so, just with all things considered like time, story etc), the second rather poor really; it seemed to come apart in the middle. More than anything though the production values were low, and I think that impacted on the quality of the matches for me, diverting away from the action at times and making the story a little hard to follow (in particular during the second match, contributing to the impression of dissolution).

On a good note, I was excited to see Nigel McGuiness there, which will hopefully become a permanent fixture, and it was a good idea showing clips of Best in the World and introducing other ROH wrestlers etc (though there was some repetition). On a last note it’s ok trying to take away interference and such things, but strip too much away and the entertainment goes with it. I think high match quality/good presentation is essential, in order to provide a unique selling point for ROH, which I felt was lacking this time. Still, we shall what next week brings.
fallaway1988 is offline   Reply With Quote