Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ROH on SBG Discussion Thread

600K views 8K replies 532 participants last post by  adamclark52 
#1 ·
Unlike HDNet, the weekly broadcasts will air at different times and for those of us abroad, we'll be seeing it at all different times online too, so I guess we can discuss events/happenings here.

Here's the preview for this week.

SBG have brought some great technical leaps since HDNet. The Haas/Benjamin segment with them holding the belts looks real clear, for instance.

Can't wait.

#33 ·
Re: Anyone catch ROH on TV today?

I posted a first impressions in the sticky thread above. YEah the production values are low and not HD. But the crowd was excellent the action was fast paced. And the it had the right balance of promo and wrestling. They defined themselves as Professional Wrestling and presented it as nothing else. Nice to see over the now common Sports Entertainment on the other two major promotions. Hopefully they will go HD soon with better audio.

#35 ·
Not really much on interference per say. Mostly talked about it as an optional thing, which is not mandated. If you choose not shake your opponents hand before or after the match, it could make you unpopluar in the locker room and the ROH faithful. With the two matches, they did a sports style Tale of the Tape and each wrestler was listed if they followed the code of honor or not under their stats. I'm going to watch the repeat later tonight.

#38 ·
That is the kind of thing I want to see week in and week out... great wrestling, great tag teams, and a show that isn't overrun by idiotic overbooking. Really hope this show takes off and they start making money and just getting better.

#42 ·
ROH site been down. (probably transitioning to the new version now that the show has started). The show advertise thier new site thu out the program. But the best bet is just look at your local CW station or MY(Network) station on the program guide for showtimes. In High Point, NC/Greensboro it is on Saturdays at 8pm & 12am. I do think it is on Saturdays period just the exact time just depends where you are.

#44 ·
They should have put the site up leading into the initial broadcast and not during. Leaving them with no web site at all. TNA aren't that incompetent.

Regardless, the show was substandard. Not entertaining at all. Doubt it will be successful, will just exist as filler content. SBG would have been better off with some reality shows.

#49 · (Edited)
They should have put the site up leading into the initial broadcast and not during. Leaving them with no web site at all. TNA aren't that incompetent.
Did a quick Twitter and FB search. Apparently they did launch the new site today before the first show. It just can't handle all the new traffic. Yes this is a problem but for a new show, it is a problem you want to have. It means at least some success.

#48 ·
Re: Anyone catch ROH on TV today?

doesnt come on til 1 am here in saint louis...unless these times are eastern

#55 · (Edited)
I'll tell you why, because it's not entertainment it is wrestling. You expect people to be anything but board out of their minds by something that isn't entertaining?

#56 ·
There was a football game on TV that ran longer than anticipated, so it set the local programs back. My local station did not switch over to Ring of Honor until it was time for the main event. I did not think that the production looked very good, but that might just be because I am used to WWE and TNA. Maybe it will get better over time. Other than that, it was pretty good, and I am looking forward to watching it some more. Hopefully, I'll get to see the whole show next time.

#61 ·
If you were expecting soap oprea style stuff from ROH then you must be crazy. ROH is a hard boiled and straight forward wrestling centric product. I enjoy WWE and TNA but ROH is not into the whole sports entertainment thing. Enjoy or dislike the show on it's own terms.

#64 ·
I don't care about HD and all that shit. If you want the Hollywood approach to wrestling, then go watch Raw and Smackdown. I want to see some quality wrestling, and quality, wrestling oriented story lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.