Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Your 5 Star Match Lists

View Single Post

Old 09-21-2011, 12:30 PM   #618 (permalink)
Cactus
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots

Cactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missedCactus probably won't be missed
Default Re: Your 5 Star Match Lists

This will topic will not die. :

NWA Clash of the Champions IX: New Years Knockout (I Quit match)
Ric Flair vs Terry Funk
Again, like Terry Funk's Empty Arena match in Memphis against Jerry Lawler, this is a doozie to rate. I didn't give that match a rating because it was more of a angle than a match. However, this match their is just enough wrestling evolved to bring out the snowflakes. As their is a mic used in this, the two legends use a microphone to tell a story verbally, not just by wrestling. Funk beats down on Flair's back and reminds him of the plane crash he was in, years before. This is a straight-up brawl and the crowd eats it up. It's like an Attitude-era PPV main event in an NWA world. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the bookers who were responsible for the Attitude Era took inspiration from this classic match. Even to this day, it still holds up.
Cactus is offline   Reply With Quote