Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Presenting AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair

View Single Post

Old 09-14-2011, 11:51 PM   #54 (permalink)
619IDH
The Sleeping Giant

619IDH 3001 - 3500619IDH 3001 - 3500619IDH 3001 - 3500619IDH 3001 - 3500619IDH 3001 - 3500619IDH 3001 - 3500619IDH 3001 - 3500619IDH 3001 - 3500619IDH 3001 - 3500619IDH 3001 - 3500619IDH 3001 - 3500
Default Re: Presenting AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair

The Hammerstein Ballroom – Manhattan, New York City, New York
“Repair from the Greatest Affair”

Quote:
“The Fight Song” by Marilyn Manson vignette

(Whispers)

Fight…

RVD leaps for a Frog Splash…

Fight…

HBK cocks back, Sweet Chin Music ready…

Fight…

Finlay and Joe go at it on the balcony…

Fight…

Paul Wright lets his fist fly…

*Opening guitar riff*

You'll never grow up to be a big rock star

The camera goes from the ground up to the face of Paul Wright in his debut Week 3

Celebrated victim of your fame

Shawn Michaels comes down the ramp, pumped up from the main event of Week 1

Just cut our wrists like cheap coupons

Christian searches for his peeps from Week 5

And say that "death was on sale today"

Bryan Danielson raises his hand, singing his theme from Week 4

*Upped tempo, heavier sound*

And when we were good

Jack Evans’ double moonsault from Week 1

You just close your eyes

Joe leaps through the ropes onto Kenny from Week 3

So when we are bad

Paul Wright chokeslams Michaels through the table from the Supershow

We'll scar your minds

A replayed shot of Shelton Benjamin German suplexing Paul London off the ladder from Week 4

Fight!

SWEET CHIN MUSIC!!

Fight!

WARRIOR’S WAY!!!

Fight!

MUSCLE BUSTER!!!

Fight!

SPEAR!! SPEAR!!

Fight!

CHOKESLAM!!!

Fight!

WORLD’S GREATEST DOOMSDAY DEVICE!!

Fight!

619!!!

Fight!

FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH!!!

*Final cymbal crash*

Chris Jericho holds the AOW World title high in the air

We exit the opening vignette and are brought to the once again filled to the brim Hammerstein, who’re lighting up the night, already pumped up. Unfortunately, the first sound the Hammerstein hears on the night, beyond the video package song, is that of “Break Down the Walls”, the tune for the STILL AOW World Champion Chris Jericho. The resounding whiplash in reaction doesn’t seem to faze the suit and tie clad champion, whom is once again accompanied by Paul “The Great” Wright. Even worse, Jericho has the most sinister businessman’s grin on his face. Perhaps most unfortunate for everyone is that Jericho has a microphone in his hand…

Chris Jericho:
Good evening, simpletons.

~The crowd gives their heat in response to being belittled

Chris Jericho:
Despite overwhelming odds stacked against me and my World title from this corrupt administration, I still stand here your AOW Champion.
~The Hammerstein does not approve

Chris Jericho:
So I want each of you finally acknowledge that I am undisputedly the worthiest man to ever hold gold in any company under any management in any time – this is only the beginning of a worthy reign from a worthy man.
~Yet even more heat

Chris Jericho:
Despite everything Paul Heyman and Mick Foley have thrown my way, I have remained champion! I have never been pinned or made to submit. Yet now, not only have I made Shawn Michaels submit to me, but I have pinned Rob Van Dam. Ergo and by my estimations, that means that I have absolutely NO challengers left for my AOW title.
~Yet even MORE heat

Chris Jericho:
So you people have no excuse to keep antagonizing me. The boys in the back have nothing more to say to me. And I have no reason anymore to sit out here and try to convince all of you to listen to my worthy words. RVD had his chance and shall get no more. Shawn Michaels never deserved one anyway, but my friend Paul here took care of him. So I will just take my AOW World title and wash my hands of this senselessness.

~Sustained heat

Chris Jericho:
So I requested this time to speak on my championship situation. The situation is simple – I am Chris Jericho and I am your AOW Champion. And I have the power. And now that there are no more challengers to topple, I will be on my way.

Jericho sustains the heat, as he prepares to leave the ring with Wright, no music or anything. He’s suddenly stopped at the base of the ramp when suddenly “WALK” by Pantera hits the speakers, as Rob Van Dam makes his way through the blood-red curtain, tense, yet confident look on his face and a mike in hand he stops on the stage to a tremendous pop, as always.

RVD
:
You can stop right there, Jericho. You’re so busy runnin’ your mouth about how much better you are than everybody, you might miss the information I have. And I’m pretty sure you’ll wanna hear it, dude.

~Jericho stops in his tracks and stares down Van Dam. Wright takes a few steps from behind Jericho, but Jericho tells the man beast to stop.

RVD
:
See, our General Manager told me something that even I didn’t realize. And that’s that I earned my #1 Contender’s shot for a one-on-one match with Chris Jericho. A match I still haven’t gotten.

~Jericho’s face goes from confident and listening to one of anger, as he knows where this might be going

RVD
:
So Jericho, dude, I still have a match against you for that AOW title. That the oh-so kind Mick Foley told me I’ll be able to face you, one on one, at the very first AOW Pay-Per-View, World Ablaze.

~The crowd lets out a roar of a pop here, solidifying the PPV, and knowing that Jericho can’t get out of this one

RVD
:
Oh, and as for you and your ‘power’…yeah, no, dude. Mick also granted me the power to choose your opponents from now until you face me for that title.

~HUGE pop for that, as the look on Jericho’s face is absolutely dumbfounded

RVD
:
He just thought that with your undeserving ego raging around here, he’d show you what power really is. And I’m happy to help him.

~Van Dam gives an innocent little shrug that gets under Jericho’s skin even more

RVD
:
I’m not tellin’ who you’ll be facing tonight, though. That ruins half the fun of actually putting you in a match. So let’s see if you can plan one step ahead of something you can’t even see in front of you.

~Yet another pop on the pause, as Jericho’s face is beet red

RVD
:
So, at World Ablaze, Chris Jericho, all this nonsense you’re talkin’ is gonna end. All this ‘worthy man’ stuff doesn’t happen anymore. And only one ‘worthy man’ is gonna walk out of here with the AOW W-H-C – R…V…D!!

~The crowd joins in on the thumbs, as Van Dam makes his final words known to the now so pissed, he’s absolutely speechless Jericho

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

We return from to AOW backstage in an office setting, where Torrie Wilson enters the room to a positive reaction, but she looks on the verge of tears. In the chair of the desk in front of her is General Manager Mick Foley who somberly greets Miss Wilson…

Mick Foley:
Um…hey, Torrie. You wanted to see me?

Torrie Wilson:
Mick, I need you to reverse Christian’s suspension. Look, I know what he did was sick, and-and unforgivable…but please, Mick, you have to know that he’s…he’s in a very dark place right now…and he needs all the help he can get.

Mick Foley:
I’m sorry, Torrie. But suspending Christian wasn’t my decision, it was Paul Heyman’s. I can’t override his decisions. But…Torrie, if you don’t mind me asking…why is it that you seem to care about Christian Cage so much?

Torrie Wilson:
No, it’s okay, Mick…a few years ago, me and Christian were, of course, co-workers in World Wrestling Entertainment. The hectic schedule we had to deal with was…it was a bit much for me. I don’t deal with intensity very well. I wanted help in the worst way.

Mick Foley:
So…you turned to Christian?

Torrie Wilson:
Well, I didn’t turn to anyone at first. I was completely by myself. And every guy I’ve ever turned to for anything has always wanted…“something” in return. So that just...prolonged even more suffering for me. And then I turned to you, Mick.

Mick Foley:
I was just gonna say, I do remember all the constant phone calls we had.

Torrie Wilson:
Exactly though, Mick. I appreciate what you tried to do for me, Mick, but…you weren’t there. I couldn’t deal with all of it when you weren’t completely there. And all at the same time, the scheduling got worse, my mom got sick, my dad was starting to date someone I wasn’t approving of, and my anorexia was even starting to come back again…I felt so…alone.

~Wilson has to stop and try to compose herself, Foley handing her a tissue

Torrie Wilson
:
And then yes, I did turn to Christian. For the first time, I truly trusted a guy with everything. And he was there for me through everything, even when people didn’t even know. We started traveling together and he really helped me take a lot of the weight off my shoulders. So I was able to be there for my mother and make her better and get my father back. I got over my eating disorders and I got my life back …and all of that was thanks to Christian. And he never asked for anything in return. Mick, Christian’s been like a brother to me for so long, and I know exactly what he feels like now. I know he needs all the help he can get and he needs to be here.

Mick Foley:
Torrie…as much as it weighs heavy on my heart to bring him back, it’s out of my hands and –

~Foley is cut off at this point, as Chris Jericho has just busted in the door, changing the mood of the room completely

Chris Jericho:
What in the HELL is wrong with you?? I have defeated RVD already in front of the entire world and you want to just give him a title match all willy-nilly?!? On the very first Pay-Per-View, no less??

~Jericho’s hands go flailing on that last part. Foley looks at Torrie before she begins walking towards the door

Torrie Wilson:
Um…I guess we’ll talk later…

~Wilson takes a look at Chris Jericho, who makes a face at her before she leaves the frame, leaving the GM alone in a space with the Worthy Champion…

Mick Foley:
Chris, what in the HELL is wrong with YOU, huh? I just had someone in my office who was very much in need of my help, and you’re just gonna bust in here and start givin’ me hell?

Chris Jericho:
You’re damn right I –

~Jericho realizes that he’s acting very…uh…’unworthy’ and stops himself, gathers his composure, fixes his tie, then stands up straight, his hands clasped together around his waist. He then takes a second to smooth his hair before continuing again, this time in a much more collected state

Chris Jericho:
If you had any sense of common knowledge, Foley, you would know that as the AOW World Champion, I am at the top of this mountain. And if those who oppose me wish to topple me, once they try and fail, they go rolling back down all the way to the bottom. Then they have to climb it again to get what they want. You don’t just give a man the summit. Especially not one who recently squandered his chances.

Mick Foley:
And if you had any sense of common knowledge, Chris, you would know that as the General Manager, I have the right to construct that very mountain in whatever shape I want for those men to climb. Rob Van Dam did have a shot. But he’s very much earned the right to use his and exclusively his shot. And if you don’t agree, then I’m sure the bruise he left on your best friend Paul’s giant ass will agree with me.

~The crowd gets a good rib out of this one

Mick Foley:
And besides, Chris, if you had any sense of common knowledge of being champion, you’d know that that title isn’t just something to parade around here holding and proclaiming how ‘worthy’ you are to hold it. And before you go off preaching about how much power you have as champion, get it straight that you have NONE. You are a target. And besides…I thought with this egotistical power trip or whatever you’re on, it’d knock you down a notch or two if I finally gave someone else some power.

~Jericho’s face goes from calm to as if he just sniffed curdled milk and nobody in the apartment bothered to throw it out

Chris Jericho:
Give someone else some power…? Hmph. We’ll see who has the power…‘Matchmaker Mick’. Just you wait.

~Jericho veers closer and closer to Foley’s face with each word of that, before practically snarling at him in the final line. Jericho takes he and his nice suit and walks away, his face twisting into some sort of smirk once his back is turned to Foley…

~Back at ringside

“COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE (INSTRUMENTAL)” is playing as we fade back, with Jamie Noble already being in the ring, doing warm-ups. When he’s announced, Noble gets a decent mixed reaction, partially due to his short performance in the Tag Team Turmoil contest last week.

Joey Styles:
Well, welcome to AOW Wednesday Night Oblivion, ladies and gentlemen, where we’re moments away from our opening contest here with Jamie Noble, who had a somewhat disappointing showing last week at our first ever Supershow, but what about that absolutely huge news we just received to kick off the show? RVD, the #1 Contender, with complete control of Chris Jericho’s fate for the six weeks between now and our first PPV, World Ablaze, on November 11th!

JBL:
The only thing that should be ‘ablaze’ right now is Mick Foley’s contract. How in the hell do you go off making a decision like that for a man who clearly lost last week and screwing your own worthy champion? I’m just waitin’ for somebody, anybody to take that man out of that chair and show him how t’really do bus’ness!

Joey Styles:
Well regardless of what you think about all this, John, there will be a match in six weeks in Boston, Massachusetts in the TD Banknorth Garden between RVD and Chris Jericho for the gold!

JBL:
Don’t you EVER tell me that it don’t matter what I think, jackass!

…we then hear a very unfamiliar hum, and after a few mysterious seconds, the yin-yang big screen comes to life, showing us clips from the video packages we’ve been seeing for the past three weeks of a man in a locker room lacing up in blue, white, and gold tights before opening a locker and putting on his mask. Lights shine out of the empty mask, which transition into his entire body glowing in the sunlight through the one window in the locker room. The humming continues to grow louder until it seemingly progresses into what sounds like helicopter blades fwapping in high-speed rotation. The crowd is buzzing at what this could be, especially with the big-screen now going dramatically black. It keeps going until we hear what sounds like the helicopter fwapping transitioned into an upbeat, Hispanic, hard rock tune…

**SIN LIMITES**

The tune continues until we see the very first in-person look at Aero Star, the top luchadore prospect in the world. He’s wearing what looks to be shoulder pads that are connected to a cloak of sorts that covers up his visible body from the neck down, very similar to Ultimo Dragon, but Star’s stops at his knees. The reason for this is seen very quickly, as Aero Star rushes on down to the ring in almost full sprint, the cloak that concealed him now whipping behind him like a superhero’s cape. He leaps cleanly from the floor to the apron, grabbing onto a turnbuckle post, swinging to the other side, with his loose arm giving the crowd his seemingly signature salute. He finally steps between the ropes to a welcome reception, removing his cape and getting ready to begin. The lucha mask conceals Star's whole expression, but his visible mouth is in an excited smirk. The look on Jamie Noble’s face, meanwhile…is some kind of confused priceless.

OPENING MATCH
~Cruiserweight Duel~
Aero Star
v.
Jamie Noble

This contest takes a second or two to start, as AOW’s resident redneck, Jamie Noble, stares at his masked luchadore opponent in great confusion. Aero Star seemingly is aware of this confusion, grinning and giving Noble another salute before running right past him and rebounding off the ropes. Noble turns to see his incredibly agile opponent flying at him with some headscissors…that spin and turns into an arm drag that sends Noble out of the ring, still completely in confusion. The confusion is still there when Aero Star gives Noble another salute from inside the ring before rushing across the ring, leaping clean through the middle rope, hands by his side, head first – the Topé Torpedo!!!

Both men are downed from the explosive impact outside now, but Aero gets to his feet relatively quickly, possibly fueled by the crowd going absolutely nuts because they’d never seen something like that before. The referee is going on with a count-out, but Star brings Noble back to the ring with him, throwing him in before coming back in himself. It’s Noble’s turn to surprise Star now, as he delivers a low dropkick to Star’s knees, forcing his masked face to hit the canvas hard.

Noble’s pitbull like mannerisms become apparent here, as he jumps the downed luchador with a camel clutch that bends the flexible Star’s spine in a way it should not. Noble seems a tad rabid, finally letting go with one hand, keeping the clutch in, while delivering crossface punches to Star’s face. Though we can’t see most of Star’s face, we do hear him scream in pain as Noble keeps the hold in. He finally lets go by forcing Star’s face into the canvas. He tries for a cover – 1…2…NO!!

Noble whips Star into the ropes, his confusion completely gone now, Noble lowering his head for the rebound. Star rolls across the back of Noble on the rebound, continuing to rebound on the opposite rope. Noble can’t think as fast as Star is moving, with Star rushing back towards Noble…and leaps onto his shoulders, before standing on them. The crowd is on fire for this, but he takes it a step further, leaping over and behind Noble now, rolling him into a sunset flip. 1…2…NO! Noble rolls his way out!

Noble follows up on getting to his feet by rushing at the still sitting Star and driving his knee into his skull. This knocks Star right back down to the canvas, prompting a cover from Noble. 1…2…NO! Aero Star forces a shoulder up, which Noble quickly grabs and locks into an armbar. Star is surprised by this, but Noble keeps the armbar locked in for several fierce seconds before Aero forces both men to get to their feet, Noble still gripping the costumed arm of Star. As Star fights to get his arm back, Noble punts him in the gut and attempts what looks to be a Tiger Driver, but upon flipping Star into the powerbomb position, Aero Star performs a beautiful, quick hurricanrana.

Noble gets to his feet, only to see Aero Star slingshotting off the second rope with what looks to be a springboard crossbody¸ but upon making contact with Noble, turns into a Tornado DDT! Noble is dead on the canvas, being absolutely spiked, which leads Star to go to the top rope, his back towards Noble. Star then makes one final salute to the crowd before leaping with an IMPLODING 450 SPLASH (AY DIOS MIO!!!), getting the pinfall with an explosive, implosive maneuver.

Winner: Aero Star at 4:11

Aero Star rolls off Noble to a very nice ovation, many in the crowd simply amazed at some of the things they’d seen. Aero simply salutes the audience on his way back up the ramp, selling the rib-crunching impact of his finisher, but back inside the ring, Jamie Noble does not look like a happy camper to say the least.

Joey Styles:
WOW!!! What an absolute explosive debut from the man they call ‘Aero Star’! And what do you call that finishing maneuver, Bradshaw?

JBL:
Joey, I’ve been to three rodeos and two goat ropin’s, but I have never seen anything like what I just saw!

Joey Styles:
And that’s only the first bit of incredible things we can expect from AOW’s newest roster member, the hottest lucha libre prospect in the world, the human quicksilver, Aero Star!

~Backstage, locker room area…

As we head to the locker room, we come to the image of Rey Mysterio with rolled up pants and a kneebrace, fixing it so it fits his injured left knee the right way. Mysterio looks up to see a very welcome face, as he winds up smiling. When the camera pans a bit and the figure walks in, Bryan Danielson enters the frame, newly won Cruiserweight Championship draped proudly over his shoulder.

Danielson
:
How’s that knee, Rey?

Mysterio:
Forget my knee, how’s that title, man? Feels good, doesn’t it?

Danielson:
Oh yeah. I’m not denyin’ that. Especially since I got it from kickin’ Gregory Helms’ head in.

Mysterio:
Yeah, I guess that’s a good side effect, huh?

Danielson:
Speaking of side effects, Rey, that thing isn’t looking so good.

~Danielson points to Rey’s braced knee

Mysterio:
Will you forget about me, man? I’m gonna be fine. You need to look out for yourself now. There’s gonna be a lot of guys gunnin’ for that gold. Gregory Helms was just the beginning, man. But I got faith in you, Bryan. A lot’a faith. But if anybody can be trusted with being the best Cruiserweight, I can’t think of anyone else but you.

~Crowd buzzes a bit for Mysterio’s big put-over

Danielson:
Thank you, Rey. That means a lot coming from you.

~The two share what starts as a handshake before becoming a quick embrace. We don’t see it for very long, however, for almost as soon as it happens, the screen starts to break up and get very unclear, static gradually starting to take over the screen. When it finally engulfs the screen, it suddenly gets cleared again, showing a web camera view that we’re all familiar with by now, as Gregory Helms bursts onto the screen, his face taking up the entire camera space

Gregory Helms:
What the hell is this?!? A hunky-dory happy moment between an undeservin’ champion and a cripple? And both of them are allowed here in AOW while Gregory Helms, the rightful and only true Cruiserweight Champion, is denied his title by terrible officiatin’? I don’t even have to tell you two suckas why you’ve just been hacked by Helms.

~Helms shakes his head in disappointment

Gregory Helms:
It makes me sick t’my stomach seein’ you with that title, Danielson. How a nobody like you could win that can only be explained one way – bullcrap. You made it through that Tag Team Turning Point match riding on Gregory Helms. I got the pins to get you to the end. I gave everything I had to get there. And I was completely robbed –

~Helms alters the camera view now, showing it’s not a web camera, but a home video recorder of sorts, the same he had on Oblivion several weeks ago. We see this as he turns the camera towards an actual computer, the camera seen in the reflection. On the computer screen is a picture of Helms being pinned by Danielson on the Supershow, with his foot in a very peculiar place…

Gregory Helms:
You see that? My foot was underneath the bottom rope, during the whole damn three count, meanin’ the referee was clearly biased and a poor official f’not stoppin’. First, he conjured up this magical image that I was grabbin’ the ropes when I clearly wasn’t. Then, he does this and completely ignores what was actually there.

~Helms has really convinced himself that he didn’t grab the ropes last week and is the victim here. He turns the camera away from the computer, back towards him

Gregory Helms:
See, an’ your view of things is twisted and terrible too, Rey. Jus’ like your knee. Gregory Helms is not ‘just the beginning’. I am the beginning and the end, the Alpha and the Omega of the Cruiserweight division! There is no ‘was’! I will ALWAYS be the best! I will ALWAYS be the true, rightful champion! And you best believe that you betta not get too comfy with that title, Danielson. I promise you – it will belong to the true ‘Best in the World’ soon enough.

*END TRANSMISSION*

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

As we return from the break, we’re greeted with the sound of “MEXICANO MUY LOCO” erupting from the stage, as The Mexicools make their way to the ring after a very impressive showing last week in their tag team debut in the Turning Point contest. They’re all set for action this week, but they’re all smiles once again, having a bit of fun on the turnbuckles before getting set for a tag battle.

“JACK E.” sounds over the system as Jack Evans exits to a generous pop, he too, having a very impressive showing last week alongside his partner. Evans’ feet are moving to the rapping rhythm of his own theme music, doing a little jig for his amigos in the ring. Evans doesn’t move from the stage, area, however, awaiting his tag partner.

“THE PROUD WARRIOR”
plays now, as Low Ki bursts through the red curtain to another solid ovation, with Evan’s dance moving changing to the beat of Low Ki’s instrumental. And much like last week, Low Ki has a serious look on his face while Evans is dancing. And again like last week, Ki has to tap Evans on the shoulder and wave a finger at him to tell him to stop before both men descend to the ring. Perhaps these two are more permanent…?

MATCH 2
The Mexicools
v.
“Low Jack”

Super Crazy once again starts for his team, while Low Ki begins things this go ‘round for “Low Jack”. The two men circle one another before locking up nice and tight before Ki breaks out of it with the headlock, wrenching the head of Crazy. As Crazy whips Ki across the ring, the rebound sees Super Crazy leap frogging over the still running Ki, who rebounds again, but surprises Crazy with his whipping speed, catching the Crazy luchadore from behind with a surprise bulldog. Early cover – 1…2…NO!

The early quickness of both men showing here, but Ki is quick to rebound off the ropes again and has a kick aimed for the head of the sitting Crazy, but he luckily dodges the beheading and reaches through Ki’s legs, trying to roll him up – 1…2…NO!! Ki kicks his legs up and over, rolling onto his feet, rushing at the now standing Crazy. Crazy lifts a high elbow, however, catching Ki right under the chin, stunning him. Crazy takes this opportunity to rush at the ropes springboard off…and nail the springboard elbow!! Crazy with another cover – 1…2….3-NO!! Not over yet, as Crazy pulls himself up to tag in his amigo, Psicosis.

Psicosis, immediately upon tagging, tries to follow up the springboard elbow with a springboard leg drop onto the downed warrior, but Ki is able to roll away just in time for Psicosis to fall on his tush. Ki sees the still sitting-in-shock Psicosis, rebounding off the ropes in front of him…and nailing him in the jaw with the rolling wheel kick! Psicosis falls back hard – 1…2…NO!! Ki takes his warrior pride on over to his corner, where he tags in Jack Evans for the first time to a great reaction. After the tag, Ki holds Psicosis in what looks like a dragon suplex hold, only for Evans to leap clean over the top rope, nail Psicosis in the jaw with a dropkick, dominoing into an actual dragon suplex!! Nice tag team maneuver shown, but before Evans can go for the cover, Super Crazy jumps in to save his partner.

Crazy leaps in to knock Evans on the spine before snapping him over and delivering a dropkick to the exposed vertebrae. He then turns to see the apron-bound Low Ki and hits him with a hard right, only for Low Ki to hit him right back with an even harder right, sending Crazy back a few steps and having the ref force him back to the apron. With Evans having some wind knocked out of him, he still attempts to cover Psicosis – 1…2…3…NO!!! Psicosis doesn’t go down so easy, forcing Evans to bring the lucha vet to his feet. As he does so, Psicosis gets a small spark of life and his a sitout jawbreaker that sends Evans reeling a few steps and allows Psicosis to hit a running reverse elbow to his jaw. Psicosis then grabs him from behind and tags back in Crazy. Psicosis lifts Evans into a wheelbarrow position, with Crazy grabbing his face and driving it into the canvas, nailing the tandem sitout facebuster. The roles of both men are reversed for that time, but Crazy’s cover isn’t – 1…2…3…NO!!! Evans won’t stay down!

Crazy rubs the long hair of his friend but enemy in Evans before bringing him to his feet and attempting to hit him with a hard kick, but Evans groggily blocks it, delivering a kick of his own. He drunkenly tries to rebound off the ropes, only to get caught in a hurricanrana, sending his head spinning even more. Crazy stays in control by running at the downed Evans, leaping, and crunching him beneath a running senton. Crazy rolls Evans back towards more center ring – 1…2…3-NO! The bout continues as Crazy goes over to tag in Psicosis, as both men approach the downed Evans, Crazy dropping an elbow while Psicosis hits a leaping leg drop.

The Mexicools stay in control over their friend, Psicosis delivering several hard rights before hitting a snap suplex. This doesn’t get the winning fall either, but Psicosis tries for another suplex, only for Evans to counter and collapse on top of him, falling from his vertical position into a crossbody – 1…2…NO! Both men are sprawled from that move, with Evans having to crawl over the body of Psicosis to reach for his corner…YES! The hot tag is made to Ki, who immediately cartwheels across the ring into a high kick to the face of Super Crazy, knocking him off the apron.

As he regains his footing, Psicosis ambushes him with a victory roll attempt, but Ki holds onto the corner, sending Psicosis back onto his head and sitting. Ki then rushes at him, feints a shining wizard that turns into a reverse roundhouse kick to the skull. Psicosis falls victim to the Black Magic, but Ki is looking for much higher ground. He looks to get to the top rope, but suddenly Evans shows back up, hurt, but wanting the tag in. The Warrior wants to finish it, but puts faith in his new friend, quickly tagging him and rushing towards the opposite ropes, keeping Crazy down with a no-hand plancha! Psicosis is still out cold as Evans ascends to the top rope now…630 SENTON!!! 630 SENTON!!! WOW!!! The “Evans Descent” connects for the first time in AOW, as Evans covers – 1…2…3…!!!

Winners: Low Jack at (8:32)

As everyone begins recovering, Ki helps Crazy get to his feet and rolls into the ring with him, while Evans brings Psicosis in. The Mexicools, disappointed, aren’t looking too hot, but both of them shake hands with Ki and both handshake and hug Evans, showing their respect and friendship towards both men. Ki and Evans look at each other, with Ki’s intense face getting a small smile as the hurting, but still happy, look on Evans face becomes a full blown smile.

Joey Styles:
What an explosive display of what could an expansion of the AOW tag team division, with team “Low Jack” once again getting the victory over The Mexicools! Wow, the AOW cruiserweights keep on impressing tonight with great high-flying action!

JBL:
As great as that match was, and as fun as it was watchin’ it, all I hear are the ringin’ of the words Gregory Helms said earlier. Yeah, these guys are great an’ fun, an’ “Low Jack” or whatever might be gettin’ buddy-buddy, but not one of’em are better than Gregory Helms!

Joey Styles:
Will you please stop? Gosh, you’re so hung up on why Gregory Helms is the ‘best cruiserweight in the world’. Did it ever occur to you that the best cruiserweight is…y’know…the one holding the gold, like maybe the guy who won it last week, Bryan Danielson?

JBL:
And did you not see Gregory Helms present overwhelming evidence that the referee should NOT have counted the three last week? That Bryan Danielson was ridin’ on the coattails of Helms? You’re biased as hell, you know that, Joey? You’re biased an’ a terrible journalist, a terrible commentator!

Joey Styles:
Oh dear God…

JBL:
God is righ’, Joey. You need to take notes from me. A Commentary…God.

Joey Styles:
Well if you weren’t too busy taking notes on yourself, John, you might’ve been able to figure out who Chris Jericho’s opponent is later tonight, hand-picked by Rob Van Dam! That’s on the other side of the break!

~Backstage now, where we see AOW World Tag Team Champions, the World’s Greatest Tag Team with their gold watching a screen in the back at Low Jack just now exiting the ring, obviously having looked over what just transpired. They’re approached by a very sneaky Mike Mizanin

The Miz:
So fellas, what do you think about who might be your new competition for those straps of gold you got there?

~Benjamin and Haas turn to answer the question, only for both of their eyes to lead across from them. When the camera shoots back, it is revealed that the people standing there are Paul Burchill and Brent Albright.

Burchill:
Yes, gents. What do you think about your new competition for those straps of gold…?

Shelton Benjamin:
Y’know, we may be the World’s Greatest Tag Team, but we respect our opponents and they respect us. And quite frankly, I haven’t seen either of you do anything remotely respectful since you got here. You can’t show a little bit of honor?

Burchill:
Respect? Honor? In case you haven’t noticed, gents, but I and Brent here have done nothing but honor our agreements to those who respect us enough to pay us well.

Charlie Haas:
I guess you guys respected Rey Mysterio too, huh? Maybe you respected CM Punk? Or better yet, I’m sure you honored a veteran Lance Storm real well.

Burchill:
As I said…those who respect us enough to pay us well. We are gentlemen first and savages second, boys. We don’t do anything without getting something in return. And soon enough, that ‘something’ will be those tag team titles. So hold onto your Boy Scout dreams there, mates. The Mercenaries…me and Brent here…we’re coming for you. And you’d better respect that.

~Burchill and Albright are now veering very close to one another’s faces, with Miz squished between, his eyes darting nervously from one team to the other before ‘The Mercenaries’ quickly exit the frame, leaving the WGTT to indeed seriously think about their new competition.

Quote:
**Video Package**

We’re brought to a scene with a ring filled with shadows

Narrator:
For as long as wrestling has been an art form, many men have tried to tame it and perfect it…

The ring then reveals two figures, one of a polished powerhouse, the other, a small but technical wizard

Narrator:
And one place has produced more of these ‘perfectionists’ than anywhere else…

Flashes go by of Chris Jericho, Lance Storm, Chris Benoit, and Bret Hart

Narrator:
This cold, unmerciful, yet as glorifying as it is unforgiving place can only be described as…

The two shadowed figures perform what we know as the Hart Attack, before both lock on Sharpshooters

Narrator:
The Dungeon.

The shadows around the ring clear to reveal that they are indeed training in the legendary Hart Dungeon

Narrator:
The Dungeon has given birth to the final perfectionists…the final ‘executers of excellence’…her final sons…

The two still shadowed figures get a rapid close up, faces still concealed in shadow

*SONS OF THE DUNGEON*
COMING TO AOW

…suddenly, the film cuts on the reel, revealing a white background for a moment before flashes go by of two men giving intense faces, roaring towards the camera, one a lean powerhouse, the other a slicked back blonde, before we hear a very young sounding, cocky voice…

Voice:
And for those of you who think a ‘dungeon’ in Canada is the only place to go to be a ‘perfectionist’ or an ‘executor’, look no further.

Another flash goes by of the larger man, nailing a gutwrench powerbomb, while the smaller blonde hits a leaping spike reverse STO

Voice:
We are All-Americans, the very best wrestlers this great country has to offer.

Another flash of both men looking intense, this time beside each other but the white backdrop soon begins developing into an American flag, waving in the breeze. The cocky voice then names itself, while another, unfamiliar voice follows

Nameth:
I’m Nick Nameth.

Another flash of Nameth nailing his spike reverse STO

Hagar:
And I’m Jack Hagar.

Flash of the now named taller, leaner, but more powerful man go by of him nailing a German suplex, roaring at the camera following

Nameth:
I am “The Natural”.

Hagar:
I am intensity.

Nameth:
We are perfection.

Nameth nails a flawless German of his own

Hagar:
We are execution.

Both men hit Germans in unison, in the ring at the same time

Nameth:
And we were made the right way –

A 360 shot of both men in the same frame, back to back

Both:
AMERICAN!

*AMERICAN MADE*
COMING TO AOW
**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

Upon our return to the Hammerstein, we again get a glimpse of Torrie Wilson, backstage, this time on her cell phone. Whoever she’s calling doesn’t appear to be answering…

Torrie Wilson:
Come on, Christian…please pick up…damnit!

~The normally angelic Wilson lets out an obscenity as obviously, Cage doesn’t answer. Wilson throws her phone onto a table only to be greeted by, yet again, Chris Jericho. This time, however, Jericho is accompanied by his gargantuan friend, Paul “The Great” Wright.

Chris Jericho:
Not pickin’ up, is he Torrie?

~Torrie turns around, startled once by seeing someone, then jumps again when her eyes travel up to see Wright, who looms over Jericho’s shoulder

Torrie Wilson:
Um…hi…Jericho…

Chris Jericho:
Why’re you calling him, Torrie? He’s a big boy. He can take care of himself.

Torrie Wilson:
Not right now he can’t…wait, why am I even talking to you? It’s your fault he’s like this in the first place.

Chris Jericho: (Puzzled)
As much as I enjoy taking my share of credit…I haven’t the slightest clue what you’re talking about.

Torrie Wilson:
You left him behind in the main event tag match two weeks ago. You were the first person he’d trusted since he’d been here. He had his doubts, but he wanted to believe you, Chris. You told him he’d never be alone again. And what did you do? You left him behind like he was some nobody. And that destroyed him. Some worthy champion you are, you bastard.

~Wilson is on the verge of tears at this point, the last few lines delivered with a great deal of hurt emotion

Chris Jericho:
No, no, no. The man you should be blaming is Rob Van Dam. Who do you think is the one who told Christian no one respects him? Who do you think is the one who told Christian no one wanted to listen to him? The one who told him he was alone? Because that sure wasn’t me.

Torrie Wilson
:
Why are you here, Chris?

~Torrie seemingly ignores Jericho’s last statement, crossing her arms in tension

Chris Jericho:
Because you need my help. And I need yours. But above all, Christian needs all the help he can get.

~Jericho could be playing Wilson here…but she’s taking the bait…

Chris Jericho:
You’re in good relations with that…controversial General Manager of ours, aren’t you? See, I’m not in so well with him. But right now, you want Christian Cage back in this locker room. So I propose a bit of back scratching here, Ms. Wilson. You persuade old man Foley to get RVD off my back…and I’ll find Cage and bring him back myself. Just for you.

~Wilson, still choking back tears a bit, still cross armed, seems to be easing up and thinking about it…

Torrie Wilson:
For Christian.

Chris Jericho:
Right, right, for Christian. Absolutely.

Torrie Wilson:
…fine. I’ll do what I can. As long as you keep up your end.

Chris Jericho:
Good girl.

Jericho motions towards Wright to follow him, as the big man leaves the room, leaving Torrie to ponder to herself if she’s just made a deal with the devil. The screen soon fades to reveal The Miz with a microphone yet again, but this time he’s with AOW’s first ever Dynasty Champion, Muhammad Hassan.

The Miz:
Y’know, I’m gettin’ pretty sick and tired of doing Torrie’s interviews for her, but I’m The Miz, and I’m a trooper. And right now, I’m in the presence of great riches. Ladies and gentlemen, my guest at this time, your AOW Dynasty Champion, Muhammad Hassan!

~Crowd delivers a great deal of heat to the inherent fortune champion, gold in hand

Hassan:
Evening, Miz.

The Miz:
So Hassan, you executed an outstanding, incredible, absolute genius strategy that accumulated in you becoming the first man to hold that title. What can you tell us about your brilliant strategy?

~And much like earlier tonight, before the interviewee can answer, someone else interrupts them. This time, it’s none other than CM Punk. But before Punk can answer, the “trooper” stops him

The Miz:
Alright, no! Okay? I’ve already had a very respectable interview interrupted today, and now I have a guest who deserves to speak, I will not have you interrupting him or me AGAIN! You will WAIT until I’m DONE…PUNK.

~Miz gets in the face of a very no-nonsense looking CM Punk here…before Punk pushes him out of his face, out of camera view. The crowd gets a laugh, and Punk starts getting chants. Punk gets into the face of Hassan

CM Punk
:
Congratulations, Hassan. You really did put together one hellova plan to get that title. It was a great deal better than mine, I guess, so kudos on that, fine sir.

~Punk, exaggerating and feigning happiness on each word, extends his hand to Hassan

Hassan:
I’m glad you see it my way, Punk.

~Hassan, completely ignoring Punk’s obvious sarcasm, extends his hand to meet Punk’s, who immediately darts his hand back and goes from exaggeratingly happy to vocally aggressive

CM Punk
:
No, see I don’t see things your way because I don’t do things your way. You wanna sit here and have your hired guns do all your work for you, picking apart a guy while you watched from your mansions, then jump on him. See, in my neck’o th’ woods, we look a man in the eye, face to face, then we kick his ass and win some gold.

~This seems to shut up Hassan and draws a great reaction from the Hammerstein

CM Punk
:
But no – you wanna sit here, disgrace this young, budding company with what is essentially paid bullying. And on top of that, guys like that joker kissin’ your ass when you’ve done nothing? That doesn’t really sit too well with me.

Hassan:
I couldn’t care less if it sits well with you, Punk. I’ve got the gold, I’ve got the money, and you…you’ve got nothin’, Punk. You can sit here, angry as can be, jealous out of your skin, but the fact of the matter is it will do absolutely nothing because you have nothing.

~Crowd ‘ooohs’ at that, with Punk taking that in for a second, but Hassan continues.

Hassan:
See, Punk…I’m a businessman. And I don’t like anyone getting in my business. But that’s exactly where you are right now. And you keep getting in my business. I suggest you get out of my business before my business forces you out.

~This threat doesn’t seem to faze Punk

CM Punk
:
Y’know, all that’d bother me, but I haven’t had anything for most of my life, hell, all of my life. I had to scratch and claw from that nothing to make my way into this business, to right here, in this professional wrestling company. The first thing I ever said in AOW was that I am a professional wrestler here to wrestle. And to see you sit here with all your money, not having to work for everything I have to work for, while trying to bully and buy your way through a damn respectful company? I will get in your face, I will get in your business, but most importantly, I will take that title from you. The right way.

~Punk stares intensely at Hassan, and Hassan right back, neither man giving an inch before we fade…

~Back at ringside…

“BREAK DOWN THE WALLS” hits as soon as we arrive back at ringside, with Chris Jericho making his way towards the ring with a nasty scowl on his face and heat thrown at him from every direction. Paul Wright is also followed by a great deal of heat, as both men who vowed to take the title and go make their way to the ring. Jericho looks not so much caring who his opponent is, as much as the fact that he’s competing when he thought he didn’t have to.

Joey Styles:
Coming up on the other side of the break, Chris Jericho, our “Worthy Champion”, will go one-on-one with an opponent of #1 Contender Rob Van Dam’s choosing! Who’ll it be? Does it matter? Just have someone shut Jericho up!

**COMMERCIAL BREAK**

Upon our return, we notice, and Styles tells us, that Jericho hasn’t moved from the spot he was standing in when we went to break, center ring. He’s been getting heckled all throughout the break, not batting an eye towards anyone. Jericho’s waiting, nose in the air, when suddenly “Don’t call it a comeback!” hits the airwaves, as the crowd gives a wild pop for “MAMA SAID KNOCK YOU OUT”, the musical segway to the arrival of Samoa Joe. Joe is just as intense as he was last night, although a small smirk can be seen as now, he gets a shot at the AOW world champion, a match he very much deserves after his absolute war last week, the evidence written in the taped knee underneath his knee pad. The look on Jericho’s face is not a happy one, as he now has to go toe-to-toe with the only other man who’s undefeated thus far in AOW.

MAIN EVENT
Samoa Joe
v.
AOW Champion Chris Jericho w/Paul “The Great” Wright

The bell rings, but the match doesn’t really begin off the bat, as when Joe charges at Jericho, the ‘Worthy Man’ darts through the middle rope, using it as a shield to beg the referee to get Joe away from him. The official starts guiding Joe away, but after taking several steps back, he charges again, with Jericho going right back through the rope shield. The referee again is forced to back Joe away, with the crowd not liking any of this, but Joe not liking it even more. He takes one final charge towards Jericho, grabs his loose ankle, then pulls him away from the ropes, center ring, and attempts to lock in the STF, but Jericho is quick to scurry away under the bottom rope to the outside, where Wright jumps in front of his boss as to protect him, face turned towards Joe in the ring.

Joe is merely looking at this somewhat annoyed, but Jericho’s behind Wright, leaning on the announce table trying to recuperate. Joe doesn’t waste much time, however, doing his theatrics and spinning in place before rebounding off the ropes behind him, hitting the Elbow Suicida right into Wright…who doesn’t fall, but violently staggers back…SANDWICHING JERICHO BETWEEN WRIGHT AND THE ANNOUNCE TABLE. The crowd gives an awesome reaction to this, as Jericho gets crushed by his own beast. Jericho’s reaction, however, is one of open eyed and open mouthed anguish, gripping his crushed spine. Wright is still standing, but he’s staggering over to the announce table for both his own support and to aid Jericho. Joe takes the still recovering Jericho and whips him violently into some steel ring steps, spine first. Jericho’s face again crunches in pain, as Joe stays relentless and virtually throws Jericho back into the ring.

Once back in, Jericho again tries to squirm away, only to get pulled back and snapmared by Joe. Joe then delivers a stiff kick to the sitting Jericho’s back, followed by another and another and another! The crowd is loving this humiliation of Jericho at the moment, Joe almost making sure Jericho’s back gets thrown out here. Joe rears back for one last kick…but Jericho ducks his head, sending the kick over the top of Jericho…until it turns into a low roundhouse to Jericho’s skull. The seamless brawling skills of Joe come into play, as he covers Jericho for the first time – 1…2…3-NO!! Humiliated or not, Jericho doesn’t go so easily.

Joe drags Jericho to his feet, hitting him with a massive CHOP(Woooooo!) before trying to drag him to a corner. Jericho finally gets some offense in here, however, as he starts pounding on the midsection of Joe, getting himself some breathing room. Jericho delivers a hard kick to Joe’s tender knee, finally getting him that room. Jericho clubs Joe on the spine as he tries to recover, but as Jericho backs up and leaps, looking for the Codebreaker…Joe catches him!! Joe’s caught Jericho’s double knees, clutching them to his chest before turning around and forcing Jericho onto the top rope before fixing him up for the Muscle Buster…NO!! Jericho fights Joe off, finally deflecting him with a boot to the face. With Jericho getting space again, he leaps from the top rope and nails Joe in the face with the leaping reverse elbow!!! Joe goes down hard, with Jericho now getting a cover – 1…2…NO!!

Jericho wanted that to end this one badly, so badly, he just starts pounding on Joe with hard fists while on his knees, wailing and clubbing away. The obviously irate Jericho then attempts to keep his momentum going when he grabs both of Joe’s legs, looking for the Walls. Joe still has enough wits about him to fight off one of Jericho’s grips, giving him his uninjured leg to stand on. Joe hops around for a second before hitting Jericho square in the jaw with an enzeguiri. Jericho drops, glazed gazed and face first into the canvas, as Joe shoots the half and tries another pin – 1…2…3…NO!!! Jericho stays worthy!

Joe is surprised at this, but stays on the relentless attack by forcing Jericho to his feet, only to whip him into the opposite ropes. On the rebound, Joe looks for the Samoan Drop that put Finlay through a table last week…but Jericho hangs up on Joe’s shoulders and elbows his way off of them, staying behind Joe and nailing a Russian leg sweep! Another Jericho cover – 1…2…NO! Jericho still can’t end it, as he gets off of Joe and rebounds off the ropes, looking for a momentous kick to the gut it seems, but Joe quickly catches this leg and sends Jericho face first again turning it into an STF. Jericho struggles to get out of this hold, but before he can do so, Joe quickly changes the hold to a Crossface!! A hold Jericho’s been in one too many times in his career is latched on again, but Jericho is able to crawl and clutch a rope, much to everyone’s chagrin. Joe, however, keeps his utter intensity and doesn’t let Jericho escape, chopping the arm on the rope at the elbow and making it a grounded chickenwing crossface!

The crowd’s pop is revitalized at this, but Jericho manages to hold on and not tap, eventually getting to his feet and trying to rip the crossface off his face. As soon as it looks like he does so, Joe lets go of the hold completely, only to clamp onto Jericho’s head and force him back to the canvas, bodyscissors locked in…THE CLUTCH!!! The Clutch!! Joe’s chained through four submission holds to get to his finishing blow! With the champ quickly fading, “The Great” lumbers into the fray, making it into the ring and forcing the referee’s attention away from the task at hand, ordering the giant to get out. Wright doesn’t budge, but he doesn’t have to as Jericho is biting the hand and forearm of Joe, causing him to release the hold, while Jericho then nails repeat blows to the weakened Joe knee to release the bodyscissors. As Jericho gets back to his feet he stalks Joe until he gets to his feet, going again for the Codebreaker, but as he rushes at Joe, the Machine quickly grapples the head again and forces another Clutch!! Another Clutch!! Wright is back on the floor at this point, but looks to intervene again, but Jericho is fading fast, when the crowd starts buzzing…Finlay!! It’s Finlay!! The Fighting Irishman, in plain sight of the referee, darts into the ring and BASHES JOE IN THE WEAKENED KNEE WITH HIS SHILLELAGH!!! The ref immediately calls for the bell!

Winner via DQ: Samoa Joe at (9:56)

The ref calling for the bell doesn’t stop Finlay’s assault, as the club to the knee was only the beginning. As Joe sits up to tend to the damage, Finlay lets loose with ANOTHER SHILLELAGH SHOT TO THE SKULL!!! This potentially puts Joe’s lights out for the first time in AOW, as Jericho looks on in satisfied surprise, the crowd throwing a great deal of heat. Finlay then looks at the downed and out Joe, surveying the damage done…before doing more, SHILLELAGH SHOT TO THE SHOULDER!! Joe comes to life again, only to now grip his shoulder in pain.

Joey Styles:
What the hell is wrong with Finlay?

JBL:
There ain’t a damn thing wrong with Finlay, Joey! This is what you do when you love t’fight and someone like Joe beats you down – you beat’im down in return!

Joey Styles:
It looks like Finlay still is licking his wounds from last week’s brutal war with Samoa Joe last week, but now he’s made sure Joe will be the one doing the would licking, yet oh-so-coincidentally saving Chris Jericho in the process.

JBL:
Oh please, Joey. Finlay did this fer Finlay, but he’s now shown Chris Jericho that he’s worthy too! An’ think about this, Joey, because I’m sure you haven’t at all, but this pretty much spoils RVD’s plans this week of tryin' to one-upping Chris Jericho.

Joey Styles:
Wait, wait, wait…what’s this?

Finlay is still looking to put the hurt on Joe, raising the staff again, but before he can do anything, “WALK” hits, only for RVD to come shooing from behind the curtain and sliding in the ring to a huge pop, beginning a brawl with Finlay. Chris Jericho, still in the ring, rolls out to the outside, where Wright meets him and they begin treking back up the ramp. Van Dam starts pulling away before nailing Finlay with a high kick to the jaw, sending him leaning on the ropes. As Van Dam looks behind him, Samoa Joe has gotten to his feet, still in pain, but shows sheer intensity by rushing at Finlay and Cactus clotheslining him over the rope, tumbling with Finlay to the floor. Joe lands on his knee, but it collapses on him due to its damage. The final image of this Oblivion is that of RVD looking from the ring all the way up the ramp to Jericho, who’s clutching his title and with his giant, both champion and contender knowing that one step ahead might not be enough this time.

Fade…

To…

Black…

END SHOW

WORLD ABLAZE
Boston, Massachusetts – TD Banknorth Garden
November 11, 2007
*Current Card*

~AOW World Heavyweight Championship~
Chris Jericho(c) w/Paul "The Great" Wright v. Rob Van Dam

Quick word - don't think this is my best show in the least, but hope the quality isn't too off. I know RKO and iMac have shows up, I'll get to those shortly. Hope you guys enjoy this in the meantime

DO A LITTLE DANCE; MAKE A LITTLE LOVE

GET CUTE TONIGHT

AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair
.:Oblivion Edition 36 NOW POSTED!!:.
619IDH is offline   Reply With Quote