Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - General Gaming Discussion

View Single Post

Old 09-13-2011, 02:46 PM   #4408 (permalink)
Mister Hands
Inappropriately tinkly music.

Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands
Default Re: General Gaming Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarfu View Post
I'm getting a little sick of PC/RPG purists telling everyone how they're "failing" and "doing it wrong" by purchasing Skyrim on Xbox. I enjoy and prefer playing certain games on the computer, but really, shut the fuck up. They've perfected the console experience (a massive improvement in drawing distance, for instance), and the button layout looks to work like a dream on the controller, similarily to Oblivion. Also there's no need for me to drop big money on upgrading my shitty system when it's practically the same game on older hardware in 360.
I've got no problem with people playing games on whatever system they choose (though, personally, I don't understand how anyone could enjoy an FPS with anything other than mouse and keyboard) - BUT the notion of spending huge amounts of money upgrading PCs every few years is pretty bogus these days. Any decent mid-range system from the last four or five years should run most console ports handily enough (barring lazy developers neglecting make the PC version run properly, of course, the fuckers), and you make most of your money back in savings since PC games sell cheaper, and fall in price much quicker. Plus, Steam sales.