Adam Cole vs. Mike Bennett: ***1/4

The Bravado Brothers vs. Los Ben Dejos: **

Proving Ground match:
ROH World Television Champion Jay Lethal vs. TJ Perkins: ***1/2

The All Night Express vs. The Young Bucks: **1/2

Caprice Coleman and Cedric Alexander vs. The Briscoe Brothers: ***1/2
OK, Caprice Coleman fuckin' rulez!!!!!!

Proving Ground match:
ROH World Tag Team Champions Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team vs. Roderick Strong and Michael Elgin: ***1/2

Eddie Edwards vs. El Generico: ****1/4

20-Man Honor Rumble: **1/4

Overall Rating: 7.75, Very good but the ME sucked.

#4,828 ·
Finally. I watched it live on PPV, it was a good show. People need to watch Hulk/YAMATO, it was mind blowing. Legit MOTYC.

#4,829 ·
Watched these while I was in LA for the DGUSA/PWG/PWS weekend. First review was more detailed, second show I was just lazy.

EVOLVE 7 - 4/19/11

My thoughts going into the event are that the Main event should be okay, but I'm not a huge Moxley face. Taylor/Tozawa, Fox/Swann, and Xion/Jacobs all sound like great
matches. I've never seen Sabre wrestle (crazy huh?), and I want to see if he can hold his own against Callihan. Young is good in the ring, and Tony Nese is a beast
from his other EVOLVE match and in TNA so that should be solid. overall this looks pretty strong.

Spoiler Match
Jimmy Jacobs (4-2) vs. Shiima Xion (0-0)
This match was good for the time given. Lots of solid high flying action that kept me entertained. Nice reversals like Xion's into the crippler crossface near the end.
The finish was great, you don't see a lot of heels using that move to pull out the win. This was bittersweet since I know that neither of these men will be seen in
EVOLVE again, since Jacobs goes to ROH and Xion goes to TNA.

Tony Nese (0-1) vs. Silas Young (1-1)
Really short match but solid nonetheless. Great showing by both men, but it wasn't given much time at all.

**1/2

Spoiler Match
Johnny Gargano (4-2) vs. Jon Davis
Going into this I haven't seen much from Davis, but he was really solid in this bout. Really stiff strikes and his power counters were amazing.Gargano was really agile
throughout the bout. The finish was solid, everything was solid.

CHIKARA Sekigun (2-0) vs. Facade and Jason Gory (0-0)
High flying fun match. Definately exceeded my expectations and I was simply amazed.

***1/4

Zack Sabre Jr. (0-0) vs. Sami Callihan (2-1)
Amazing, amazing, amazing. Excellent counters. Excellent strikes. Excellent exchanges. Excellent near falls.

***3/4 - ****

AR Fox (1-0) vs. Rich Swann (0-1)
Unbelievable counters like the ace crusher one. Very innovative and exciting. Can't wait to see them meet again. Spot fest done right. Also, dat finish.

***1/2

Spoiler Match
Chuck Taylor (4-2) vs. Akira Tozawa (0-0)
Very very good match. Great strikes. Finishing stretch was great.

***1/2

Tiebreaker
Chuck Taylor (5-2) vs. Johnny Gargano (5-2)
Good for what it was. Not a real match, just to advance the storyline. Each had already wrestled so not much left in the tank at this point.

Moxley's Goodbye
Austin Aries (1-0) vs. Jon Moxley (1-1)
Good technical wrestling in the start. Big spots throughout the match while keeping both men strong. Amazing near falls throughout the ending and a strong finish. Not
the highlight of the show but definately great.

***1/2

Overall: Aries/Moxley, Taylor/Tozawa, Fox/Swann, and Sabre/Callihan were all great matches. The rest were fun and quick for the most part. Easy to sit through and enjoy.

EVOLVE 8 - 5/20/11

Rich Swann vs. AR Fox
**1/2

Tony Nese vs. Jon Davis

Sami Callihan vs. Brodie Lee
***1/2

Bobby Fish vs. Austin Aries
***1/4

AR Fox vs. Jon Davis
***1/4

Bobby Fish vs. Sami Callihan
N/A wasn't paying enough attention but seemed short and weak

The SAT vs. The New Havana Pitbulls
See above.

FRAY!
**1/4

Sami Callihan vs. AR Fox
***1/2

Overall: Nothing great, easy to watch and everything was solid. During Fish/Callihan and SAT/Pitbulls was distracted by people arguing outside of my hotel room in the
hall ways. Didn't feel like I missed much.​

#4,830 ·
From Gabe's Facebook:

Dragon Gate USA - Main Event #1 - PAC vs. Low Ki - March 30th - Miami, FL - DGUSA.tv For Tix & Info

#4,838 ·
ROH - Glory By Honor X

Four Corner Survival
Mike Bennett vs. Grizzly Redwood vs. Adam Cole vs. Michael Elgin - ***

Tommaso Ciampa vs. Jimmy Jacobs - N/A

Tommaso Ciampa vs. Harlem Bravado - DUD

Eddie Edwards vs. Kyle O'Reilly - ***1/2

The Briscoes vs. The Young Bucks - ***1/4

Proving Ground Match
Jay Lethal vs. Roderick Strong - **1/4

ROH World Tag Team Titles
Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin vs. The All Night Express - **

ROH World Title
Davey Richards vs. El Generico - ***1/2

Bonus Match
Andy “Right Leg” Ridge vs. Mike Sydal - *

A very solid opener, Steen being a dick before getting thrown out, a good Edwards/O’Reilly match and the Briscoes beating the Bucks like they stole something all made the first half flow, unfortunately a pretty bland Proving Ground match and and even worse tag title match (and cringeworthy aftermatch promo) bring the show down before the main event and aftermath with more Steen.

#4,841 · (Edited)
Steen's set is out. Match listing makes me wet.

Disc 1
1. Kevin Steen vs. B-Boy...Do or Die IV 2/19/05 (ROH debut)
2. Kevin Steen vs. El Generico...The Homecoming 7/23/05 (first time on DVD)
3. Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe...FYF: Philly 2/17/07
4. Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe...Fighting Spirit 4/14/07
5. Steen & El Generico-Briscoes brawl from Respect Is Earned 5/12/07
6. Kevin Steen vs. Mark Briscoe...A Fight At The Roxbury 6/8/07
7. Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. Mike Quackenbush & Jigsaw...Domination 6/9/07
8. Highlights of Steen/Generico vs. Briscoes street fight from Death Before Dishonor V Night 1 8/10/07
9. Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe (Steel Cage Match)...Caged Rage 8/24/07
10. Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe (Ladder War)...Man Up 9/15/07
11. Kevin Steen vs. Takeshi Morishima (ROH World Title Match)...Honor Nation 10/5/07

Disc 2
12. Kevin Steen vs. The Necro Butcher (Street Fight)...Proving Ground 1/11/08
13. Kevin Steen vs. Bryan Danielson (#1 Contenders Tournament Semi-Finals)...Eye of the Storm 2/22/08
14. Kevin Steen vs. Go Shiozaki (#1 Contenders Tournament Finals)...Eye of the Storm 2/22/08
15. Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. Naruki Doi & Masato Yoshino...Dragon Gate Challenge II 3/28/08
16. Kevin Steen vs. Nigel McGuinness (ROH World Title Match)...Injustice 4/12/08
17. Kevin Steen vs. Nigel McGuinness (ROH World Title Match)...Northern Navigation 7/25/08
18. Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. The Motor City Machine Guns...Death Before Dishonor VI 8/2/08
19. Kevin Steen vs. Jigsaw...Age of Insanity 8/15/08
20. Kevin Steen vs. Kenny King...Night of the Butcher II 8/16/08
21. Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. Tyler Black & Jimmy Jacobs (World Tag Team Title Match)...Driven 2008 9/19/08

#4,842 ·
Pissed off with ROH I bought a months membership to take advantage of the sale and then made sure I cancelled the automatic renewal so I wouldn't get charged next month and the bastards have cancelled my whole membership. So I got a whole day for my $8 and can't even use it to get 15% off the Steen set.

#4,843 ·
Holy Kramer! Great match list. BUT, it's beyond stupid to show only highlights from that Street Fight against DemBoys, it's one of the best matches in ROH history. Stupid!

#4,847 ·
Pulled from the newswire:
- A surprising name is currently in negations with ROH to participate during "Showdown in the Sun” weekend on March 30th and 31st. We cannot confirm anything until all of the documents are signed but fans will not be disappointed! "Showdown in the Sun” will take place in Ft. Lauderdale, FL at the War Memorial Auditorium and this incredible weekend of events will BOTH will be available on iPPV! Click here for more information and get ready for the spring break of pro wrestling!!!
Let the guessing begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.