Wrestling Forum banner

WWE Superstars Weekly TV Show Discussion

116K views 1K replies 261 participants last post by  izzie 
#1 · (Edited)

There's always something going on Superstars that catches people's attention and a few topics pop up, so it shouldn't hurt to make an actual thread for this great weekly wrestling show on WWE.COM (formerly WGN America).

Some thoughts on the 5/19 episode:

- Hayes and Kidd's relationship gets interesting. Is this the end already, or was it all just tough love? Really looking forward to everything this angle brings. Why they aren't doing this on the actual show baffles me.

- When Hawkins and Ryder came out, it looked and felt as if they were never separated in the first place: such a natural duo. Hawkins eating the Cobra was very disappointing (though he sold it like a champ, as always). Why was the one team with even that slight momentum and relevance NOT the winner (especially without any post-match shenanigans)?

- Main event was AWESOME. Drew knows the psychological game better than a lot and is the most underrated in-ring maestro right now. I could watch him go all day long. It's a disgrace not to have him on tv and build him up.

See less See more
#378 ·
re: Official General Superstars Weekly TV Show Discussion Thread

Him and Reks have some great tags together. That body slam that Hawkins does on Bourne is amazing. He did it on Barretta this week too. The two of them had some really great tags with Usos on NXT this year that nobody ever watched because they happened on NXT.

#379 ·

I watch NXT. :eek:

Finished Superstars too. Opener & main event were quality. Hunico/Jackson was so bad. Riley/Hennig was meh. I love the crazy times body slam. I marked as he did it. That's what we need to see from the tag division. Kofi & Bourne might have won, but I though it helped solidify Hawkins & Reks really well. Hanging 10 minutes with the champs for guys who NEVER see the light of day past the internet shows. If only they get them on TV to help expose them, then that would be awesome. Hell, Primo randomly got a push again. Why not these guys?

#380 ·

I can't get over how much I love Kofi and Evan. For how long they've been a team, they work incredibly well together. One of the best thrown-together tag teams of recent memory, by far. You can tell they're honestly committed to it too and it just works. I'm loving their matches, the Hawkins/Reks one this week was no exception. Hopefully those two get on TV at some point. A triple threat tag match between them, the Usos and Primo/Epico for number one contendership would be a great Raw, or even PPV match. That bodyslam. Dayummmm. Great stuff.

What else is on the line-up this week? Anything worth checking out?

I watch NXT. :eek:

Finished Superstars too. Opener & main event were quality. Hunico/Jackson was so bad. Riley/Hennig was meh. I love the crazy times body slam. I marked as he did it. That's what we need to see from the tag division. Kofi & Bourne might have won, but I though it helped solidify Hawkins & Reks really well. Hanging 10 minutes with the champs for guys who NEVER see the light of day past the internet shows. If only they get them on TV to help expose them, then that would be awesome. Hell, Primo randomly got a push again. Why not these guys?
That answers my question, haha.

#382 ·

Watch Hunico vs Jackson for a good laugh. It's less than 3 minutes and that loser Hunico nearly falls while trying to hit the Swanton. It's priceless.
In Hunico's defense, only great performers can get a good match out of big Zeke... If I remember correctly Kidd/Zeke lasted 6 solid mintutes, and I was shocked to see that Barett/Zeke lasted near 8 mintutes.

But yeah, IT was priceless you can even see the fear in his eyes.

I have to ask, what happened to that nerdy guy who used to commentate with Matt Striker on the Smackdown portion of the program I kinda liked him.

#383 ·

I think Hunico is a mediocre talent so I expected it to be a pretty lousy match. The finish being botched only cracked me up more.

Don't know. Jack was cool. I had no objections. Him and Regal vanished all of a sudden. Regal is in FCW iirc and Jack...well he's somewhere.

#387 · (Edited)

I think Hunico is a mediocre talent so I expected it to be a pretty lousy match. The finish being botched only cracked me up more.

Don't know. Jack was cool. I had no objections. Him and Regal vanished all of a sudden. Regal is in FCW iirc and Jack...well he's somewhere.
Oh yeah Jack Korpella, now I remember... He totally vanished from the WWE.com roster page, he isn't even in the Alumni *insert ItBegins joke here*.

And Regal is frequently mentioned on FCW but didn't appear ever since he was missing from NxT.

:lmao They're keeping that horrific entrance. Oh jeez.
I absolutly can't wait to see it in the newest WWE video game, THQ already has my hard earned money.

#385 ·

:lmao They're keeping that horrific entrance. Oh jeez.

I really hate this Mexican thug thing they're doing with Hunico. It's unbelievably bad. I think his lack of height just makes it worse. Either get a mask back on him somehow or tweak the current gimmick. He's going nowhere with it, which is a shame because he's a decent enough talent. The senton was hilarious, have to admit.

#386 ·

I love how they went from having Puerto Ricans as his back up to having a SAMOAN guy as his new Latino thug. That's not confusing at all...

Removing this guy's mask took about all the mild appeal he could possibly have. (not like he was appealing as Incognito) Especially if they care about "mask sales" so much.

#388 ·

I'm backtracking on NXT right now, so I was gonna peg the moment he left there and went to FCW full time. I'll see if it collides with his match vs Dean Ambrose. That happened in November and I think Regal was gone completely by that month.

#389 · (Edited)

Whoa, I had a lot of catching up to do since I took a holiday.

I'm really enjoying the tag division now. Air Boom. Hawkins/Reks. Rosa Mendes and two Puerto Ricans. The Usos. Damn.

I liked the Air Boom vs Primo/Epico "feud". I seriously couldn't find a fault in Bourne vs Epico a few weeks back. Typical Bourne being awesome and good psychology because Epico worked Bourne's back the entire match. After that was a pretty good non-title loss for Air Boom. I don't know how but Primo has transformed into a joy to watch in the ring. I read a comment where it seems like "everything little thing he does will let you believe he really wants to win a match" and I'm hooked.

I'm glad I'm not the only one loving the twisting delayed scoop slam by Hawkins (trivia: he adopted it from Norman Smiley and it's called the Upside down frown). It looks fantastic and it's really just a freaking body slam, the most basic move ever.

Also I actually like Hunico. He seems pretty versatile. Asking for a good match with Zeke is a bit much though. He needs to drop the freaking bicycle, it looks kinda gay. The Kofi vs Hunico match on SD was quite good.

NXT isn't the same without Regal. WWE are fools. Regal/Korpela is better than what Raw/SD offers.

#397 ·

We're the only ones who do it seems, haha.

Totally. Letting Tyson Kidd get good amount of time vs workers like Tatsu, Barreta, & Gabriel. Loved that. Plus the tag team scene that has been discussed is a lot of fun. Throw in the return to the ring of William Regal (who did own on commentary) & Matt Striker. I was enjoying all of that. I just don't care for the Titus O'Neil push. But, they seem to want to get him over. Don't know why.

#398 · (Edited)

We're the only ones who do it seems, haha.

Totally. Letting Tyson Kidd get good amount of time vs workers like Tatsu, Barreta, & Gabriel. Loved that. Plus the tag team scene that has been discussed is a lot of fun. Throw in the return to the ring of William Regal (who did own on commentary) & Matt Striker. I was enjoying all of that. I just don't care for the Titus O'Neil push. But, they seem to want to get him over. Don't know why.
eh, I watch NXT too. Well, some of every episode ever since NXT became less about the rookies and more about the lower-carders. Hating the absence of Regal.

Kinda makes sense that if you bother to watch Superstars, you'll probably be watching NXT as well.

Matches for this week
Air Boom vs Hawkins and Reks :)
Riley vs JTG :(

#407 ·

Well that tag team match between Air Boom and Reks/Hawkins might be one of the best I've seen in a while.

The best spot so far was when Reks hit the Burning Hammer on Bourne when the ref was distracted. It left me with my jaw dropped ":shocked: OMG Hawkins and Reks are actually going to win this, we're finally going to see them on RAW"...

But NOOOOOOOOOO Kofi had to get involved :cuss:, didn't anybody teach him that only heels are supposed to interfere with the count :rolleyes:

#410 · (Edited)

Well that tag team match between Air Boom and Reks/Hawkins might be one of the best I've seen in a while.

The best spot so far was when Reks hit the Burning Hammer on Bourne when the ref was distracted
. It left me with my jaw dropped ":shocked: OMG Hawkins and Reks are actually going to win this, we're finally going to see them on RAW"...

But NOOOOOOOOOO Kofi had to get involved :cuss:, didn't anybody teach him that only heels are supposed to interfere with the count :rolleyes:
That wasn't a Burning Hammer. That was a gutwrench Yokosuka cutter! Damn I was impressed seeing Reks do that. Air Boom vs Hawkins/Reks did not disappoint at all. I think it was better than last week. The match was entertaining all the way. I do wish Bourne would get the hot tag though. Is the only reason why Bourne isn't the next Rey Mysterio because he isn't Mexican and isn't masked? Seriously Bourne >>> Mistico.

For the time it got, Kidd and Tatsu did a good job as well. Kidd's brainbuster should be a finisher, it looks brutal.

Burning Hammer

Yokosuka Cutter (double underhook version)

What Reks did: 6:31

#408 ·

Loved ARI interacting with the crowd just like he did at the house show I went to last year at the 02 in London ARI, CM Punk, Christian, R truth and the Miz were the only ones who really interacted with the crowd Cena just cut a promo trying to diss the Rock and we booed him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.