Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Your 5 Star Match Lists

180K views 1K replies 189 participants last post by  redunk808 
#1 ·
What are matches you guys have given 5 stars? heres my list

-Ric Flair(c) vs Sting,NWA Title,NWA Clash Of The Champions

-Ric Flair vs Ricky Steamboat(c), NWA World Title ,Judges At Ringside,NWA/WCW WrestleWar 1989

-Bret Hart(c) vs Davey Boy Smith, WWF Intercontinental Title, WWF Summerslam 1992

-Bret Hart vs Owen Hart, WWF WrestleMania X

-Razor Ramon(c) vs Shawn Michaels,WWF IC Title,Ladder Match,WWF WrestleMania X

-Bret Hart(c) vs Shawn Michaels,WWF Title,60 Minute Iron Man Match,WWF Wrestlemania 12

-Megumi Kudo vs Combat Toyoda,Deathmatch,FMW 5-5-1996

-Rey Mysterio vs Psychosis,WCW Bash At The Beach 1996

-Bret Hart vs Steve Austin,Submission Match,WWF Wrestlemania 13

-Shawn Michaels(c) vs The Undertaker,WWF Title,Hell In A Cell,WWF Badd Blood 1997

-Rey Mysterio vs Eddie Guerrero(c),WCW CW Title vs Mask,WCW Halloween Havoc 1997

-Rob Van Dam(c) vs Jerry Lynn,ECW TV Title,ECW Hardcore Heaven 1999

-Bret Hart vs Chris Benoit,WCW Nitro 10-4-1999

-Triple H(c) vs Cactus Jack,WWF Title,Street Fight,WWF Royal Rumble 2000

-Triple H vs Steve Austin,2/3 Falls,WWF No Way Out 2001

-Edge And Christain vs The Hardy Boyz vs The Dudley Boyz(c),WWF Tag Titles,TLC,WWF WrestleMania X-Seven

-The Rock(c) vs Steve Austin,WWF Title,NO DQ,WWF WrestleMania X-Seven

-Kurt Angle vs Shane Mcmahon,Street Fight,WWF King Of The Ring 2001

-Kurt Angle vs Steve Austin(c),WWF Title,WWF Unforgiven 2001

-Shawn Michaels vs Triple H,Street Fight,WWE Summerslam 2002

-Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit vs Edge and Rey Mysterio,WWE Tag Titles(First),WWE No Mercy 2002

-Brock Lesnar(c) vs The Undertaker,WWE Title,Hell In A Cell,WWE No Mercy 2002

-Kurt Angle(c) vs Chris Benoit,WWE Title,WWE Royal Rumble 2003

-Kurt Angle(c) vs Brock Lesnar,WWE Title,Level Playing Field,WWE WrestleMania XIX

-Kurt Angle(c) vs Brock Lesnar,WWE Title,WWE Summerslam 2003

-Kurt Angle(c) vs Brock Lesnar,WWE Title,60 Minute Iron Man Match,WWE Smackdown 9-18-2003

-Kurt Angle vs Eddie Guerrero(c),WWE Title,WWE WrestleMania XX

-Brock Lesnar(c) vs Eddie Guerrero,WWE Title,WWE No Way Out 2004

-Triple H(c) vs Chris Benoit vs Shawn Michaels,WWE WHC,WWE WrestleMania XX

-Randy Orton(c) vs Cactus Jack,WWE IC Title,Hardcore Match,WWE Backlash 2004

-AJ Styles vs Chris Sabin vs Petey Williams(c),TNA X Title,Ultimate X,TNA Final Resolution 2005

-AJ Styles(c) vs Christopher Daniels,TNA X Title,30 Minute Iron Man Match,TNA Against All Odds 2005

-Kurt Angle vs Shawn Michaels,WWE WrestleMania 21

-John Cena(c) vs JBL,WWE Title,I Quit,WWE Judgment Day 2005

-AJ Styles vs Matt Hardy,IWC 7-29-2005

-AJ Styles vs Samoa Joe vs Christopher Daniels(c),TNA X Title,TNA Unbreakable 2005

-Samoa Joe vs Kenta Kobashi,ROH Joe vs Kobashi

-Kurt Angle(c) vs The Undertaker,WWE WHC,WWE No Way Out 2006

-Blood Generation vs Do Fixer,ROH Supercard Of Honor 3-31-2006

-John Cena vs Shawn Michaels,WWE Raw 4-23-2007

-Kurt Angle vs AJ Styles vs Samoa Joe vs Christain Cage vs ???,TNA World Title(First),KOM,TNA Slammiversary 2007

-Kurt Angle(c) vs Yuji Nagata,IGF Title,Tokyo Dome Show 1-4-2008

-Kurt Angle(c) vs Samoa Joe,TNA Title vs Career,Cage,TNA Lockdown 2008

-Kurt Angle vs Jeff Jarrett,NO DQ,TNA Genesis 2009

-Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels,WWE WrestleMania 25

-Kurt Angle vs Matt Morgan,TNA Bound For Glory 2009

-Kurt Angle vs AJ Styles(c),TNA Title,TNA Impact 1-4-2010

-Kurt Angle vs Mr Anderson,Cage,Escape Only,TNA Lockdown 2010

-MCMG(c) vs Beer Money,2/3 Falls,TNA Tag Titles,TNA Whole F'N Show

-AJ Styles vs Bully Ray,Last Man Standing,TNA Slammiversary IX 2011

-Eddie Edwards(c) vs Davey Richards,ROH Title,ROH Best In The World 2011

-John Cena(c)vs CM Punk,WWE Title-WWE Money In The Bank 2011

Out of the thousands of matches i have seen i have 52 5 star matches. pretty special.

anyway id love to see ur guys's lists

See less See more
#841 ·
I'd put both title matches at Wrestlemania 23 over the DG 6 man, can't honestly remember much from that MITB. Can't imagine it would beat Number 1 though as my favourite, simply because Benoit managed to create an engaging sub story into the match which payed off in the finish. Smackdown's MITB this year also gets a lot of love simply because Bryan won and I thought they did a better than usual job of delivering believeable false finishes.

#843 ·
What is really come's down to is how high a person is willing to rate a spot fest.

Personally I'm not willing to go over **** on most.

On one hand the wrestler's went out there to put on that kind of match and they did it damn well and the crowd loved it. On the other hand it was more like a gym show then a fight, they went totally against the basic's and some could say made wrestling look fake with all the high impact spot's and lack of selling.

#845 ·
With DG tags you don't HAVE to tag your partner to make them legal, you can just roll out of the ring and then your partner can run in and become legal. They normally actually tag in and out during the middle portion of a match when one team has control of the match and then during the chaotic start and finish segments they just roll in and out.

#846 · (Edited)
Tags aren't needed in DG. The wrestlers just do it for show. Looks to me like anyone can be legal. There are spots where all three wrestlers on the same team are in the ring, one of them putting an opponent in a submission and the other two stand in the ring to block the other opponents from coming in. The babyface wrestlers usually want to make the physical tag during a face-in-peril situation because they have honor, I guess.

****1/2 for DG Supercard of Honor I

Still don't have any five stars, heh. Not likely I'll ever rate anything five stars since I'm mainly sticking to DG and recent WWE. Might check out some Tozawa matches from his US Tour but I don't think anyone's rated any of his matches five stars.

#848 ·
Tags aren't needed in DG. The wrestlers just do it for show. Looks to me like anyone can be legal. There are spots where all three wrestlers on the same team are in the ring, one of them putting an opponent in a submission and the other two stand in the ring to block the other opponents from coming in. The babyface wrestlers usually want to make the physical tag during a face-in-peril situation because they have honor, I guess.

****1/2 for DG Supercard of Honor I

Still don't have any five stars, heh. Not likely I'll ever rate anything five stars since I'm mainly sticking to DG and recent WWE. Might check out some Tozawa matches from his US Tour but I don't think anyone's rated any of his matches five stars.
Nah, nothing that high, but definitely worth watching. Both his matches with Hero and his tag with Steen against Generico/Ricochet are in the ****1/2 range (for me anyway).

#847 ·
yeah, I dont get how them tagging is a contradiction. I see the same thing in certain Lucha Libre tag matches, where they do not need to make a physical tag, but they do it anyway (why not? it's basically another form of communication). DG based their rules off a certain Lucha Libre match, so when a guy falls out the ring, the other guy is allowed to come in.

As for every thing else, it's just as inconsistent as any other tag match. I can't think of too many tag matches where guys are not cheating and the ref isn't doing anything about it.

#853 ·
The Rock vs. Hulk Hogan - WM18
Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat - Spring Stampede '94
Dean Malenko vs. Chris Benoit - Hog Wild '96
Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon (ladder) - WM10
The Steiner Brothers vs. Sting and Lex Luger - SuperBrawl '91
Ricky Steamboat vs. Randy Savage - WM3
Eddy Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko - Uncensored '97
Steve Austin vs. Bret Hart - WM13
Ric Flair vs. Sting - Clash of the Champions '88
Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant - WM3
Rey Misterio Jr. vs. Eddy Guerrero - Halloween Havoc '97
1992 Royal Rumble

#858 ·
The Rock vs. Hulk Hogan - WM18
Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat - Spring Stampede '94
Dean Malenko vs. Chris Benoit - Hog Wild '96
Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon (ladder) - WM10
The Steiner Brothers vs. Sting and Lex Luger - SuperBrawl '91
Ricky Steamboat vs. Randy Savage - WM3
Eddy Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko - Uncensored '97
Steve Austin vs. Bret Hart - WM13
Ric Flair vs. Sting - Clash of the Champions '88
Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant - WM3
Rey Misterio Jr. vs. Eddy Guerrero - Halloween Havoc '97
1992 Royal Rumble
I lulz'd.

'Nuff Said.

#854 ·
#857 ·
Yeah, Marufuji's matches with heavyweight veterans were awesome in 2006, and when you watch those matches, it becomes clear as day why they booked him to win the GHC Hewiki.

#861 · (Edited)
I personally find them both overrated but I don't understand how someone can knock Rock/Hogan as a five star match yet praise Cena/Punk in the same way. Neither matches are technically sound but both had electric atmosphere, awesome crowd interaction and a cool little story going in. If Cena and Punk had wrestled like Benoit and Bret Hart then I would understand but fact is they didn't and Rock/Hogan has just as much claim to being a five star match as their bout does.

#862 ·
fact is they didn't and Rock/Hogan has just as much claim to being a five star match as their bout does.
no. punk/cena put on an exciting match in an exciting atmosphere where the winner was in doubt. punk/cena, while having botches still had a great match. rock/hogan put on a garbage match, with a garbage storyline, where the winner was never in doubt. by your logic we should just go ahead and give cena/rock 5* right now because it will be an incredible atmosphere and a garbage storyline.

also adding to my list:
michaels vs undertaker @ WM 25. watched this around a month ago after having not seen it since it happened and it is an incredible match. i then watched the rematch and that is the most overrated pile of garbage i've ever seen. it's on par with hhh/undertaker this year which i gave something like ***1/4 to.

#876 ·
The Clash match is the best US match ever, IMO (#2 overall).

The Wrestlewar and Chi-Town Rumble matches are both terrific as well, but Clash is just fucking amazing. They have two house show matches from the same day (3/17/89) that are right at the level of Wrestlewar and Chi-Town. Two matches that good in the same day. Crazy shit. And it's not like they wrestled the same match, either. Shit, the second match even has a spot that plays off the finish of the first one.

#885 ·
I definitely think that's the best ROH match I've seen and probably a top 3 match of the 2000s. I have a question about it though, Dragon's leg was taped; where'd that stem from? Nigel only got one shot on it IIRC and I don't remember the commentators talking it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.