Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Presenting AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair

View Single Post

Old 09-05-2011, 08:21 PM   #52 (permalink)
619IDH
The Sleeping Giant

619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed619IDH probably won't be missed
Default Re: Presenting AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair

Wow, don't ever think I've gotten more than three reviews from anything, let alone five. cp, RKO, and WierdGuy, I see you guys have previews and stuff up so I'll hit you guys up soon enough, Jamjam I'll return soon as well, and Mac...I'll be in your thread anyways

Greatly, greatly appreciate the words fellas. A great deal of things for me to think about is always a good thing for a writer, I guess. But I'm not just here for idle chatter. There be business to attend to...

Quote:

“It’s not cool” to get hurt before you begin…

This past Wednesday night on Oblivion’s first ever Supershow, AOW was set on beginning to air vignettes featuring Mr. Colon in a new, yet similar gimmick. Colon’s planned tenure in the WWC (World Wrestling Council) in Puerto Rico was coming to a close. On his final show that Monday, Carlito reportedly had shoulder issues that eventually led to his shoulder giving on him mid-match. Sources confirm that the injury will require surgery and also require Carlito to miss his planned endeavors in AOW for several months, without even debuting him in the federation. As of the date on this report, Carlito has not been scrapped from any plans and still intends on coming to the budding company.

What impact this has on AOW allowing their talents to accept other dates and shows remains to be seen, although once would imagine this would be leading down the road of AOW officials wanting the roster being solely contractually obligated to AOW and only AOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohdubya.com

Christian suspended...?

This past Wednesday on Oblivion’s first Supershow, we bared witness to the absolutely vicious assault on Bobby Lashley at the hands of Christian Cage, ending with three emphatic Con-Chair-Tos, sandwiching Lashley’s skull between a pair of steel chairs. While Lashley has been confirmed to be out of action for several weeks, Christian Cage has been suspended indefinitely by Paul Heyman for his part in the assault. Heyman cited that it was not only the ‘insidious acts’ that prompted his decision, but also the mental state of Cage was of ‘extreme concern’, citing the safety of both the remaining talents and Christian himself as reasons why Cage should stay away until he ‘gets his personal issues sorted out’.

AOW RELEASES FIRST EVER PPV SCHEDULE & EXTENDED TIMESLOT!!!

It’s not all bad news for AOW, however, as confirmed today, FX has granted AOW Oblivion a half hour time extension effective as of October 31st, 2007, making all future Oblivions (from that date) 90 minutes!

As if getting an extra half-hour of the biggest and best action in wrestling weren’t enough, the success of last week’s Supershow has also given way to Heyman announcing TWO PAY-PER-VIEWS!

World Ablaze | November 11, 2007 | Boston, Massachusetts – TD Banknorth Garden
This is Exile | February 3, 2008 | East Rutherford, New Jersey – Izod Center

In between, there has also been a two-hour timeslot, potentially another Supershow, dated for December 26th. With these PPV events being outside of the Hammerstein Ballroom, one can only wonder if this is only the beginning for AOW Wrestling potentially going on the road more often and more permanently.
Hope this tides over 'til midweek when I post the actual preview and stuffs. I should be catching up on reviews and what not in the meantime.

DO A LITTLE DANCE; MAKE A LITTLE LOVE

GET CUTE TONIGHT

AOW: Art of War Wrestling - The Greatest Affair
.:Origins & Endings NOW POSTED!!:.

Last edited by 619IDH : 09-14-2011 at 09:24 PM. Reason: PPV date typo and just noticing it
619IDH is offline   Reply With Quote