Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Your 5 Star Match Lists

View Single Post

Old 09-05-2011, 05:46 AM   #525 (permalink)
WOOLCOCK
Ben Wyatt's Low Cal Calzone Zone

Location: Golfing with Stephen Hawking, he lied about his handicap. Didn't need a golf cart though, I just sat in his lap.
WOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF Ballot
Default Re: Your 5 Star Match Lists

Echo the love for Slaughter, his corner bump to the floor is one of my favourite bumps in history and he was just an incredible heel and face. Amazing to see how good he is when you never really thought of him as being much of a worker and then get blown away. Hell I thought he was the better part of both Backlund matches in 81, although Backlund came much closer to eclipsing him in the Cage match I thought.

As for Lou Thesz, I think as Yeah1993 said its just a matter of how much of his stuff is available. Anything I've seen on Youtube etc is more like a highlight reel showing some grappling sequences and breaking the match up into a highlight reel. Its hard to really nominate him or talk a lot about him when so little of his stuff has made tape, or been released into the mainstream world. Its the same with guys like El Satanico, from the little I've seen of him I'd put him up there with the very best ever...but his match catalogue I can name at this point may not even cover 10 matches. Hopefully the rumours of a Satanico comp will be realised once the Lucha 80s set comes out and he wows people with just how incredible he is.
WOOLCOCK is offline   Reply With Quote