Wrestling Forum banner

International Matches Discussion Thread

236K views 6K replies 264 participants last post by  steamed hams 
#1 ·
boo'urns.

#957 ·
Personally i'd like to see a front 3 of Young/Rooney/Welbeck on friday, three players who train together every day so know each other's game, but there isnt much cover in central midfield, will be good to see wilshere and cleverley in the england team when they get fit again

#961 ·
Personally i'd like to see a front 3 of Young/Rooney/Welbeck on friday, three players who train together every day so know each other's game, but there isnt much cover in central midfield, will be good to see wilshere and cleverley in the england team when they get fit again
If only Capello had the balls or sense to do it! To back it up with Parker, Barry/Milner & Lampard for these two games mightn't be a bad idea. It'd give Lampard more freedom if he had Parker & Barry behind him, although I'd prefer Milner. Is Welbeck even in the squad?

I think it's safe to say though that cabbage man'll find room for Theo & Milner out wide, or maybe Downing.

It's annoying that Zamora & Carroll are in the squad when Gabby Agbonlahor's getting back to the form he was showing a few years ago and who's outperformed Darren Bent in all areas this season. Maybe this squad was a bit early for him but Zamora's not the future and I'm not convinced by Carroll yet. Agbonlahor's a better all round player than the big man. You limit your options when you play Carroll.

#959 ·
I remember watching Euro 96 with my Mum, we were both devastated with what happened with England and how they went out. World Cup 98 was indeed fantastic to watch and although I probably watched World Cup 94, World Cup 98 was the one I remembered watching first.

Seeing the England team really makes me miss Beckham, who was treated unfairly after he quit as England captain.

#962 ·
Big week for Scotland. Shapes up the future, shows whether we will have the abillity to put Liechenstein down properly, and if we can stand up to the best team in the world, and give them a challenge.

Expecting

McGregor

Hutton, Caldwell, Berra, Bardsley

Bannan, Fletcher, Adam, Morrison, Naismith

Miller

Would personally play Bannan more centrally, replace Morrison with someone like Dorrans and maybe put Dorrans out on the right, or left. Depends where Levein will play Naismith.

#963 ·
on johnaon, he struggles to get a game because he's being held out by a couple of guys like aguero, silva, nasri, our gameplan hasnt really been developed to incorporate him at all. i believe most city fans feel he deserves much better, because he is a pacy, creative player with nice finishing when he gets the chance (as shown against blackburn)

#969 · (Edited)
Fucking Barry (I assume that's who you mean).

Edit: Just seem the teamsheet, It's not like Lampard just scored a goal at the Mestalla and then a hat-trick in the game after, so obviously Barry should be starting, eh Fabio? I'm not a fan of Frank, but with Gerrard and Wilshere out and his performances for Chelsea, he should be starting. In fact, he should always start over Barry.

#971 · (Edited)
^ Nah.

Downing never does anything in an England shirt, but because he's high up the pitch he at least doesn't cost us goals and games. Which is what Johnson and Barry do. God, imagine if Rafa had got his way, Liverpool would have had all 3 of those players. You really dodged a bullet as Barry showed at the Allianz.

#973 ·
Gotta love how Capello plays Cahill over Jones. All the top clubs went for Jones and now he's at Man Utd, wheres Cahill is at Bolton and even a desperate Arsenal didn't buy him. (I'm aware they're both playing tonight, but Cahill stated at CB last game, and i'd rather see Jones at CB and Walker at RB).

#974 ·
Another mindfuck by Capello is the fact he's started Bent over Welbeck. Why? Welbeck has been in-form and has scored more goals than Bent this season thus far. Plus, you know, Rooney and Welbeck always train together and have shown they can link up well.

Odd.

#978 ·
There was a passage of play where their left winger was just toying with Jones, went round him 3 or 4 times, none of our players could get the ball, Cahill finally won it in our penalty box, and poked it to Barry who proceeded to pass it straight back to an unmarked Montenegro player, allowing them to attack again.

WILSHERE PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.