Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The Official BTB Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 08-24-2011, 06:43 PM   #2479 (permalink)
TheeJayBee
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER

TheeJayBee needs to take rep more seriousTheeJayBee needs to take rep more seriousTheeJayBee needs to take rep more seriousTheeJayBee needs to take rep more seriousTheeJayBee needs to take rep more seriousTheeJayBee needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: The Official BTB Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvisboy View Post
To me, it sounds like you're in a good mindset already; reading Hall of Fame threads to get an idea of what the best of the best is, reviewing matches/storylines from the time period you're going to write, etc - it's a great way to prepare yourself, so props for not just throwing yourself in head-first like so many people (myself included) do so foolishly first time around.

If you can get the point across in your recaps, I'd be happy, tbh. It sounds like you're aiming to be descriptive, "create an image in the reader's head", so I say go for it, and see how it looks. As for feedback, people do a variety of things; myself, I look through every segment, because the writer wrote each segment for a reason, with an idea in mind. Even if you don't do that (which isn't an issue, it gets a bit weighty and I haven't given any feedback in seven months, if you can believe it ) and do just go with what stood out, make sure you include a few points on what you thought the writer could improve upon, too. That way, everyone gets better, and hopefully the person will hit you back with some advice on how you can improve. Best of luck.
Alright, thanks a lot. Coming from somebody like you, who's work I've seen in the King of BtB, that is good to hear (kudos on that, by the way). I know I can make it entertaining, just need to do a bit more planning and I'll get it started.

And thank you, FluxCapacitator, too. Its good to get some tips from somebody who is in a similar position as an 'amateur', if you will.

So I guess it'll be up before the end of the week - maybe tomorrow, maybe Friday. The weekend will be at the very latest, I guess - but this isn't the advertising thread, so I'll keep tight-lipped on this one
TheeJayBee is offline   Reply With Quote