Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Indy DVD Thread

1M views 11K replies 303 participants last post by  Lane 
#1 ·
#3,925 ·
Well the last time I had problems I pre-ordered the United shows, it was I think 6 weeks after they started taking pre-orders before they even began shipping mine didn't ship for another 2 weeks after that then it took 2-3 weeks before I got them. So around 10 weeks from getting my money to me getting the shows and 4-5 weeks from them starting to ship them before I got mine.

This time I pre-ordered Evolve 8 & 9 a week before the were due to ship and it's now been over 3 weeks since they started shipping and no DVDs. I emailed them and all I got back was a one sentence reply saying all orders had been shipped out, which tells me nothing.

#3,927 ·
That six man has the potential to be one of the craziest matches ever. I think I remember reading that numerous Dragon Gate wrestlers were signed for the show too. Correct me if I'm wrong . PWG continues to top it's self every show . I wonder how long this can last ? It's great for fans , not for my wallet though.

#3,930 ·
Steen will wrestle four times to set his record.

#3,931 ·
So I need some help deciding on where the rest of my funds should go. Today I took advantage of the Smart Mark sale, and the DGUSA sale to get caught up, but I'm not sure if I should:
A.) Get 70/30, and All Star Weekend 3 from ROH to fill in the last of the holes in my PWG collection.
B.) Buy a few random indy shows from RF at 30% off
C.) Hold out until Monday and see what highspots is going to offer for cyber monday.

#3,932 ·
Watched the 2 most recent NEW shows today and I really enjoyed them given that they have a reputation for "phone it in supercard" type promotion. Talked about the 2 Lawler matches in the MOTYC thread but there was also some good, enjoyable matches on the 2 shows too. Both Finlay matches vs Ciampa and Konley were good, with flashes of greatness. Konley had a really good opener with Mike Bennett too thanks to a super hot crowd. Probably the most enjoyable Bennett match I've watched along with his matches with Corino. Dreamer vs Robinson from the 2nd night given it was a Tommy Dreamer match in 2011. Robinson looked a really good basic old school heel. KOSLOV of all people had a fucking awesome squash match in which he showed more wrestling ability than he did during his entire WWE run. He has a super arm drag. Mickie James and some chick named Alexxis (who has a stunning ass) had a match on both shows which were basically the same but they were both good, 2nd being the better flowing one.

Got me thinking as I've been on a kick of watching more minor Indy shows this month that the majority of them aren't really any worse than ROH shows, a good chunk being better than your normal ROH show like Battle Royale Cup and the IPW Anniversary Show. Undercards are lacking on most of them but generally speaking I've got at least one match out of each of them that has been great and I've really liked. Can't say that for the majority of ROH DVD shows this year.

#3,939 ·
Ziggler/Punk showed from last week that shorter can sometimes, a lot of times, be better. CHIKARA works by the same philosophy. It does not have many mega timed matches, but the shorter ones can sometimes be the best anyway.

Ziggler/Punk however may have ruled because they are two of the best all-round talents the WWE has got.

#3,940 · (Edited)
And on the subject of Ziggler/Punk. ***3/4 for me. My current TV MOTY.

Haven't had a chance to watch much wrestling the last couple of months but Ziggler/Punk was certainly the best match I've seen in a few months.

Quite happy that I have no money at the moment as I'd probably spend anything I've got during the Black Friday sales (on DVDs I won't be watching for ages).

#3,943 ·
Magnum Pro Wrestling - Battle Royale Cup 2011

Zach Sabre Jr vs Akira Tozawa
***1/4

Was ok, Was just way to overly dominated by Sabre Jr for me though.

PWG - Eight

1. PAC vs Kevin Steen

2. Brian Cage-Taylor vs Brandon Gatson
*3/4
Just turn on the commentary and ignore the match.

3. El Generico & Ricochet vs Alex Shelley & Roderick Strong
***1/2

4. Peter Avalon vs Ryan Taylor
*3/4

5. The Dynasty vs The RockNES Monsters

6. CIMA & Kevin Steen vs The Young Bucks
***3/4

7. PWG World Title
Claudio Castagnoli vs Chris Hero
***3/4

8. PWG World Title
Claudio Castagnoli vs Kevin Steen
N/A​

#3,947 · (Edited)
That depends. I often think after i'm done watching a longer match that such and such parts could have been cut out since it was pretty much time killing filler or "look at what I can do" technical wrasslin (or whatever) that really serves no purpose. Watch older Chris Hero stuff, he was always really good but a lot of his mid 2000's stuff drags for no reason other than his getting a chance to do fancy shit and it turns me off. While I understand the indy mindset of wanting to give the fans their monies worth keeping the match interesting should always be the priority, doing shit for the sake of doing shit gets old fast. and if that means cutting 5-10 minutes off the match, so be it.

#3,948 ·
Cut the bullshit. I hate it. Some of the Super Dragon & Davey Richards PWG Tag Team Title matches were like that. 30+ min and only the last 10 minutes, or NONE, served a purpose. None refers to that absolutely garbage 49 min match vs Hero & Claudio from Card Subject To Change II. Hollywood Globetrotters match vs Strong & Evans was the most overrated match of 2006 too. Never found the appeal in that match.

Anyways..

Chikara ~ Aniversario & His Amazing Friends

1) Brodie Lee vs Hieracon ~ **1/2

2) Frightmare vs Archibald Peck ~ **3/4

3) Obariyon/Kodama vs Dasher Hatfield/Sugar Dunkerton ~ **1/2

4) Ultramantis Black vs Chuck Taylor ~ ***

5) Eddie Kingston vs Sinn Bohdi ~ **1/2

6) Ares/Pinkie Sanchez/Jakob Hammermeier/Daizee Haze vs Fire Ant/Solider Ant/Green Ant/Madison Eagles ~ ***1/2

7) 12 Large Summit ~ Mike Quackenbush vs Hallowicked ~ ****

8) Losing Team Must Split Up ~ Vin Gerard/STIGMA vs Shane Matthews/Scott Parker ~ ***1/2​

Awesome show. One great thing I love about Chikara is that they can have a strong show without all the star ratings having to say so. Main event was fairly interesting. Different type of story, but it worked if you ask me. Farewell to a major team that has been around since 2008. And Shane Storm too since he hasn't been around since.

Chikara ~ Maiden Flight Of The Great Condor

1) Ophidian vs Kodama ~ **3/4

2) Archibald Peck vs Marion Fontaine ~ ***

3) 4 Way Elimination ~ Fire Ant/Soldier Ant vs Shane Matthews/Scott Parker vs Brodie Lee/Grizzly Redwood vs Obariyon/Kobald ~ ***

4) Jigsaw vs Eddie Edwards ~ ***1/2

5) Tim Donst vs Green Ant ~ ***

6) 12 Large Summit ~ Eddie Kingston vs Vin Gerard ~ ***

7) Chikara Tag Team Titles ~ Chuck Taylor/Icarus(c) vs Dasher Hatfield/Sugar Dunkerton ~ ***

8) Sara Del Rey vs Tursas ~ **

9) Ultramantis Black/Hallowicked vs Delirious/Jakob Hammermeier ~ ***​

Much like Young Lions Cup this year, the weather over in PA effected a weekend of shows. And just like YLC, they made it work. Only I'd say this show was a lot more fun. Fun is all I can really say. Which by no means is a bad thing. Set up some big things for High Noon so great job in that sense. (Y)

#3,951 ·
Meh, I'd say Super Dragon was more responsible for the dragging of SD/DR matches if for nothing else then because he was legit injuring opponents. That's the reason the Kings vs. SD/DR match went forever because earlier Dragon messed up a member of Los Luchas and cut that match short. Show wasn't all bad, do remember a great Cape Fear/Dark & Lovely match that happened.

#3,952 ·
I'd say both of them are idiots for dragging nearly every match. I liked the show, just disliked the main event so much. The Cape Fear vs Dark And Lovely match was one that dragged too, but once it got going it was fun. 29 min. C'mon guys. If they would have went out there and killed it in 15 it could have been much better.

#3,953 ·
Didn't notice the Cape Fear match went nearly 30 min., but they had to considering who didn't show up. Besides, that would have meant more time for Topgun Talwar and no one needed that.

#3,956 ·
Aah, SD/Davey vs. KOW, the closest I've ever come to giving up on pro wrestling for good.

#3,959 ·
ROH's Cyber Monday sales start tomorrow at 10 AM. Some different sales for sure.

RING OF HONOR DVD COMBO PACKAGES- ONLY $34.99 EACH

The following DVD Combo Packs will be available starting at 10 AM on Monday, November 28th through 10 AM on Tuesday, November 29th for the low price of $34.99:

- New York Combo Package: Manhattan Mayhem IV, Best in the World 2011, Death Before Dishonor IX
- Best of the Best Package: Davey Richards: The American Wolf, Eddie Edwards: Road To The Triple Crown, Briscoes Brothers: Baddest Tag Team On The Planet
- HDNet Combo Package: ROH on HDNet Vol. 7, Vol. 8 , Vol. 9
- Chi-Town Combo Package: Richards vs Daniels, 9th Anniversary Show, Supercard of Honor VI
- Mid-Atlantic Combo Package: No Escape, Tag Team Turmoil, Tag Wars 2010

"FINAL BATTLE 2011" $10 TICKET SALE
As part of our "Cyber Monday Sale" we are offering 100 upper balcony General Admission tickets for "Final Battle 2011" for the sale price of $10 each. This special offer is only available during the sale period and is open to the first 100 upper balcony tickets purchased on Cyber Monday. To order your $10 tickets starting on 11/26 at 10 AM click HERE!​
GET A FREE RING OF HONOR DVD
For a limited time get a FREE ROH DVD when you sign-up for an annual (yearly) ringside membership at ROHWrestling.com between 11/24-12/25. To sign-up today click HERE! Details on your free DVD will be emailed to you in upcoming days.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.