Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - EWR/TEW Discussion Thread

View Single Post

Old 08-16-2011, 08:23 PM   #5061 (permalink)
jack232
Just Remember

jack232 501 - 1000jack232 501 - 1000jack232 501 - 1000jack232 501 - 1000jack232 501 - 1000jack232 501 - 1000
Default Re: EWR/TEW Discussion Thread

In actual fact I tend to avoid all the stuff around storylines and angles, that's one element of the game I find tricky without any real reward. I just run everything as unchained storylines and have about a dozen custom angles I always use which cover a full range of skills (overness, mic skills, menace, sex appeal etc.). Then just name so they appear at the top of the options list.

Basically I have a set up that enables me to quickly pick any one of the 11 or 12 angles to set up a basic situation (in-ring or backstage promo, backstage comedy skit, backstage attack, tag team promo, replay/highlights/promotional video, etc.). Then I just fill in the title of the angle myself based on what I'd like to happen in my storyline (i.e. "CM Punk comes out and cuts a worked shoot promo on the McMahon regime and the state of the WWE"). It means that I'm never really using specific angles, but they're always in the right ballpark so the ratings come out as they ought to given what the segment entails.

This speeds up the booking process so much. It's way less limiting than the options the game gives you as well, because obviously you can do absolutely anything you like with it. Means I get to avoid the tedious process of making sure I've got the right angles and that my storylines will progress, giving me loads more time to get involved with what I view as the meat of the game (i.e. the booking of the matches and the dealing with the wrestlers as personalities) whilst simultaneously giving me limitless creativity in terms of storylines.

I don't think I could go back to booking in EWR anymore. Just little things like the road agent notes for 'domination' when you want to book a squash, or letting a lower-carder get a big win with a 'flash pinfall' finish. EWR just feels like a matter of putting down names on a screen and seeing what comes out. With clever booking on TEW you can make an awesome show out of the most unlikely materials, just like real life.
jack232 is offline   Reply With Quote