Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - TV SHOW discussion thread (NO FUCKING SPOILERS please)

View Single Post

Old 08-15-2011, 10:02 PM   #1158 (permalink)
any007
Learning to break kayfabe

any007 any007
Default re: TV SHOW discussion thread (NO FUCKING SPOILERS please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyman deciple View Post
I enjoyed Lost but I don't feel it really broke "new" ground.

As for Ground Breaking series I'd give a nod to say The X Files, 24, Oz, Deadwood, The Shield, even BSG.
Come on dude,Lost was one of the first shows that benefited from the world of Internet.It really putted ABC again on the map.It again popularised the serial drama format.It also was one of the highest rated and talked about show of the decade.
People used to talk about the episodes on the forums just as we talk about wrestling on the forum.And the budget was one of the costliest.I think that's "groung breaking".

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyman deciple View Post

But Lost did tell a beautiful story with well drawn out characters that the audience was given time to emotionally invest in unfortunately the ultimate payoff to this story and the final end run of these characters didn't meet expectations.

But it's not the destination, it's the Journey. It's not where your going but how you got there and the Journey was amazing.

Similar to The Sopranos, the end result was not as good as the journey but it doesn't make the journey any less rich or the characters any less beloved.
Yep,dude agree with this part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
Lost got talked about a lot when it was still on.
Yep,It was one of the most talked about.And btw,dude ur DP's awesome!