Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - GCB's WWE
Thread: GCB's WWE
View Single Post
post #51 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
GCB
Learning to break kayfabe

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: GCB's WWE

Thanks Storm, great to hear you're reading mate!

FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN!
Live from Greenville, South Carolina

SMACKDOWN begins with a sombre looking Teddy Long stood in his office in front of the TV cameras. He looks shaken still after his experiences with Kane last week and he looks as if he has been struggling to sleep ... He begins to read a statement from a piece of paper in his hands ...

TEDDY LONG: Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Friday Night SMACKDOWN. I would like to start the show tonight by issuing an apology ... Recently on SMACKDOWN, some of my decisions regarding the World Championship reign of Kane have been ...

Long pauses and takes a deep breath before continuing ...

TEDDY LONG: ... downright unfair. At Survivor Series, I forced Kane to defend his World Heavyweight Championship in a Triple Threat Ladder Match against Christian and Matt Hardy. I did this despite knowing that this type of match clearly suited the two challengers and not the champion. For that, Kane, I apologise.

The crowd in the yet to be seen arena boo this apology ...

TEDDY LONG: On SMACKDOWN last week, I went a step further when I decided to force Kane to defend his World Championship twice in one night with no notice. I now accept that this was unfair and completely wrong on my part. Kane lost his World Championship in the first match against the Big Show and this was clearly my fault for giving him such a match at short notice. Again, Kane, I apologise.

More boos and jeers from the WWE Universe in attendance in South Carolina tonight ...

TEDDY LONG: After Kane lost the World Championship to Big Show, CM Punk went on to win the title by defeating Big Show in the final match last week. Regretfully, I cannot take back my decisions of last week and Kane is no longer the World Champion. However, he does have a rematch that he will be taking very soon. As a further apology to Kane, I have agreed that he will be allowed to choose any match he wants to appear on SMACKDOWN for the next two shows.

The crowd in the arena are not happy with this statement from the SMACKDOWN General Manager ...

TEDDY LONG: In the future, I promise to run SMACKDOWN in a fair way and will endeavour to ensure that all my decisions are fair and proper. I hope you all enjoy tonight’s show ...

The camera zooms out and we see Kane walking into view from behind the camera ... He has a maniacal grin on his face and he looks into the camera with a sick smile ...

KANE: Holla, holla, playas!

Kane laughs out loud as Teddy Long nervously looks away from Kane as the SMACKDOWN opening credits begin ...

*** PYRO *** PYRO *** PYRO *** PYRO *** PYRO *** PYRO *** PYRO *** PYRO ***

The cameras swing around the arena as Michael Cole and Mick Foley introduce us to SMACKDOWN and hype up the announcement just made by the General Manager, Teddy Long. Foley is sympathising with his plight whereas Cole is declaring that it is about time somebody did something about the way in which Teddy Long is running SMACKDOWN and that Kane is completely justified in his opinion ...

*** THIS FIRE BURNS ***

TONY CHIMEL: Please welcome to the ring ... the new World Heavyweight Champion ... C.M. PUNK!

Some cheers go up but it is mostly boos as the new World Heavyweight Champion is introduced by Tony Chimel and he walks to the ring with the title belt over his shoulder. The cameras zoom in on Punk’s belt and the gleaming name plate with the name ‘C.M. PUNK’ proudly displayed to the world ... Punk gets into the ring and holds the title belt up high so that the SMACKDOWN audience can clearly see it ...

C.M. PUNK: Ladies and Gentlemen, I stand before you now as your ... NEW World Heavyweight Champion ... C.M. Punk! Let’s take a look how I did it shall we?

Boos echo around the arena as Punk smirks cockily ... On the titantron, the replay of C.M. Punk hitting the ‘Go To Sleep’ on Big Show as he was held up on the top rope is shown followed by Punk covering Show and getting the 3 count to take the title from him moments after he won it. After the replay, the cameras switch back to Punk who is smiling wide and clearly enjoying being the new World Heavyweight Champion right now!

C.M. PUNK: Yes, South Carolina, I am the new World Heavyweight Champion, I am a ‘straight edge’ World Heavyweight Champion and I will be the World Heavyweight Champion for a long, long time. You see, ‘straight edge’ means that I don’t drink alcohol like most of you do. ‘Straight egde’ means that I don’t smoke cigarettes like most of you do. ‘Straight edge’ means that I don’t do drugs and, most of all, ‘straight edge’ means that ... I am better than all of you!

Further boos and jeers for the champion ...

C.M. PUNK: And it means that I am better than the entire SMACKDOWN locker room, it means that I am better than the entire RAW locker room. I am the best wrestler in the world, on the entire planet. There is nobody who can take this away from me. Nobody ...

*** CRANK IT UP ***

Loud cheers in the arena for the arrival of the man who – for a few moments anyway – was the World Heavyweight Champion last week after he defeated Kane to win the title. He walks to the ring with a purpose and waving his hands at the fans who are cheering. He gets into the ring where he is goaded by the trash talk from the man who beat him last week in CM Punk ... Show ignores it and takes a microphone ...

TONY CHIMEL: Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome ... THE BIG SHOW!

Cheers for the Big Show go up as he prepares to address the man who stole his dream last week ...

BIG SHOW: Punk, do us all a favour and shut up!

Cheers for the Big Show getting directly to the point and shutting up the champion ...

CM PUNK: Who do you think ...

BIG SHOW: I’m the guy that you took advantage of last week, Punk, I’m not very happy so if I was you, I’d watch my mouth right now. Understand me?

Punk looks around incredulous but he does as he is told and keeps quiet ...

BIG SHOW: Now, as we all just heard, SMACKDOWN General Manager has given the man who I beat last week, Kane, the right to choose any match he wants tonight and on next week’s SMACKDOWN ... some kind of apology for the unfair matches he put poor little Kane in last week ...

Boos around the arena ...

BIG SHOW: Now, I understand that Teddy Long is under pressure from Kane, maybe he is being intimidated but I don’t have a problem with it. And you wanna’ know why Punk?

Punk feigns interest in Big Show’s opinion and sarcastically mouths ‘Why? Please tell us all!’ to Show ...

BIG SHOW: I’ve just been informed, Punk, of the match that Kane has decided to make for tonight. He wants to see you in action, Punk ...

Punk looks over at Big Show, he has grabbed his interest now ...

BIG SHOW: You’re going to be in a match, Punk ...

CM Punk is clearly not happy with this decision ...

BIG SHOW: ... oh yes, you are in a match, Punk, and your opponent ... is ... me!

The crowd erupts as Big Show smiles at an extremely worried and anguished CM Punk who is not at all happy about this. He yells at Tony Chimel and the timekeepers but they can’t do anything about it ...

CM PUNK: No way, I’m not having that. Teddy Long, I demand you get out here now and change this match. I don’t care what you’ve promised Kane, I am the champion so get out here ...

Punk and Show both look towards the stage for sign of Teddy Long ...

CM PUNK: ... NOW!

Another long pause but then ...

*** MACMILITANT ***

Out comes a nervy looking Teddy Long who is glancing around and behind himself as he walks out on stage with a microphone ...

TEDDY LONG: Err ... CM Punk ... you will face Big Show tonight ... I’m not changing the match ...

Punk nearly has a fit in the ring whilst Big Show clenches his big right hand up and looks at it whilst casting an eye over at CM Punk in anticipation of the match later tonight ...

TEDDY LONG: ... and there will be a Special Guest Referee for the match as well ... that man will be ... Kane!

The expression on Big Show’s face changes slightly as he stares quizzically at the stage and Teddy Long ... Punk still looks upset over the decisions being made tonight ... The cameras focus back on Teddy Long who starts to walk back off the stage when the former World Champion, Kane, comes out to greet him. Kane puts an arm round Teddy Long’s shoulders as they face Punk and Big Show in the ring ... The crowd is booing but Kane laughs maniacally as SMACKDOWN heads into its first commercial break of the evening ...

********** COMMERCIAL BREAK **********

THIS MONDAY NIGHT ON MONDAY NIGHT RAW!

SMACKDOWN returns with MVP in the ring ...

*** I’M COMIN’ ***

TONY CHIMEL: This match is set for one fall. Introducing first, from Miami, Florida, weighing 252 pounds ... M. V. P!

MVP pretends to shoot a basketball into a hoop as he prepares for his match tonight ...

TONY CHIMEL: And please welcome at this time ... RICARDO RODRIGUEZ!

Boos echo around the arena as the slimy looking Mexican steps forward in the ring ...

*** REALEZA ***

RICARDO RODRIGUEZ: Por favor den la bienvenida al hombre de honor, el hombre que es el mayor Campeón Intercontinental de todos los tiempos, el orgullo de México, el mayor de los grandes ... ALBERTO DEL RIIIIIOOOOOOOO!

From the side of the stage appears a 1965 Classic Cobra with Alberto Del Rio driving it slowly into the arena whilst the fans around boo and jeer him ... Del Rio steps out of the car with the Intercontinental Championship belt around his waist and steps onto the ramp whilst sparks fly from the ceiling to give an impression of supreme grandeur ...

MICHAEL COLE: This man is, Mick, well on his way to being the greatest Intercontinental Champion of all time!

MICK FOLEY: Yeah, maybe Cole! He’s got an awful long way to go yet if he wants to add that to his list of accomplishments. However, I will admit that he is very impressive!

MICHAEL COLE: You’ll admit it? I’m sure that Alberto Del Rio couldn’t care less if you admit it or not, Mick. He knows that he is the greatest and he knows that he is destined for big things here on SMACKDOWN!

MICK FOLEY: Maybe so, Cole, but this is also a huge match for MVP here. A win here and MVP could be the next man to challenge for that Intercontinental Championship of Mr. Del Rio’s ...

MICHAEL COLE: Yeah, like that’s gonna’ happen, Mick. MVP is drifting into obscurity without a trace of a fight ...

NON-TITLE MATCH: ALBERTO DEL RIO vs. MVP

MVP starts out quick and he has Alberto Del Rio on the backfoot for much of the early going ... However, he cannot sustain it after the first hint of distraction from Ricardo Rodriguez and Del Rio begins to take control of the match. Working on the arm of MVP, Del Rio is clearly setting his opponent up for the devastating Cross Arm Breaker later on in the match ... Del Rio has MVP down on his knees and he drags him up viciously and sets up for a scoop powerslam before crashing MVP down onto the mat with it. Del Rio looks in complete control and he cockily struts around a little before heading back over to MVP ... this costs him as MVP drop kicks Del Rio’s knee and takes him down to the mat in one go. Recovering slightly, MVP steps back and allows Del Rio to start getting up as he waits and waits ... Drive-By Kick from MVP takes Alberto Del Rio down once more ... Cover from MVP ...

* 1 *
* 2 *
* Del Rio kicks out! *

Both men get to their feet and Del Rio goes for a wild clothesline that MVP ducks easily, Del Rio hits the ropes and MVP catches him on return and hits an overhead belly to belly suplex that crashes Del Rio down on the mat. MVP performs his little basketball jig before hitting the Ballin’ Elbow to the fans’ delight, cover again from MVP ...

* 1 *
* 2 *
* Kick out by Del Rio! *

The Intercontinental Champion is not going down without a fight and MVP now knows it. As Del Rio gets up, MVP places his leg over the back of Del Rio’s neck and sets up for the Playmaker ... Just as he is about to hit it though, Del Rio manages to escape and he manages to catch MVP with a German Suplex that he holds for the pin ...

* 1 *
* 2 *
* MVP kicks out! *

MVP staggers to the corner and this gives Del Rio his opening as he crashes into MVP in the corner with a running Enzuguri that sends his opponent crashing down to the mat. Del Rio lifts him up and hits a double knee arm-breaker that leaves MVP rolling in agony and clutching his muscle ... It’s a matter of time and Del Rio knows it as he sets up for his submission finisher ... He rolls himself around MVP and locks in the Cross Arm Breaker that leaves MVP in agony on the mat ... however, MVP is able to reach out and clasp the bottom rope to the annoyance of Del Rio as he is forced to break the hold. Del Rio gets up and stands over MVP cockily before facing the fans and wagging his finger at them ... He drags MVP to his knees and sets him up for something different ... Del Rio lifts MVP up in the air towards his shoulders, lifts him high ... ALBERTO DEL RIO HITS A HUGE POWERBOMB! We’ve not seen that before from Del Rio as he makes the cover ...

* 1 *
* 2 *
* 3 *

WINNER: Alberto Del Rio (4:39)

JUSTIN ROBERTS: Here is your winner ... ALBERTO DEL RIO!

MICHAEL COLE: As if he wasn’t dangerous enough, Mick, he’s adding new moves to his arsenal all the time!

MICK FOLEY: That was one hell of a Powerbomb from Del Rio, there’s not many who could withstand that!

MICHAEL COLE: Not many? Nobody could withstand that!

MVP leaves the ring whilst Del Rio takes a microphone from his ring announcer, Ricardo Rodriguez and prepares to speak ...

MICHAEL COLE: Be quiet, Mick, he’s going to speak!

Del Rio raises the microphone to his mouth ...

ALBERTO DEL RIO: My name ... My name is Alberto Del Riiiiiiiioooooo! But you ... you already know that! You also already know that I am the Intercontinental Champion! But what you don’t know ... what you don’t know ... is that the entire SMACKDOWN locker room fears me ... Están asustados ante mí, they are all scared to face me ...

The boos ring out around the arena as Del Rio confidently smirks and holds his Intercontinental Championship aloft ...

ALBERTO DEL RIO: ... nobody can beat me for this title, not even Mark Henry ...

Del Rio turns to the titantron to await the arrival of Mark Henry ...

... and he waits ...

... and he waits ...

... and he waits ...

... and there is no sign of the World’s Strongest Man!

ALBERTO DEL RIO: Just as I thought, Mark Henry is a cobardo, a coward ... I took out his friend Evan Bourne last week and he knows that he cannot beat me ...

*** SOMEBODIES GONNA’ GET THEIR ASS KICKED ***

Finally, Mark Henry has heard enough and he angrily heads for the ring to confront Alberto Del Rio ... when he arrives in the ring, Del Rio stands his ground as he faces up to him in the middle of the ring ... Suddenly, Ricardo Rodriguez blindsides Mark Henry with a shot to the face and Henry responds by grabbing the announcer by the scruff of his suit ... Del Rio though refuses to stand back and he smashes Mark Henry in the back with the Intercontinental Championship before hitting a stiff kick to the side of Henry’s head as well. With Henry down, Alberto Del Rio looks to lock in the Cross Arm Breaker but it seems that Henry is not beaten as he overpowers Del Rio and starts to pummel him on the mat ... again, Ricardo Rodriguez attacks Henry as well which allows Alberto Del Rio to escape but it means that Mark Henry has the announcer trapped in the ring ... Del Rio is in no mood to rescue him though and Henry stares out at Del Rio daring him to ... when Del Rio backs away up the ramp, Henry decides to send a message and hits the World’s Strongest Slam on Ricardo before staring out at Del Rio as he backs away ...

9 DAYS AWAY!

SMACKDOWN returns with an empty ring ...

*** MY TIME IS NOW ***

TONY CHIMEL: This match is set for one fall ... Introducing first, from West Newbury, Massachusetts ... weighing 240 pounds ... JOHN CENA!

Cena heads for the ring but it is a different Cena now as he refuses to salute the crowd, refuses to clap hands with the kids in the aisle and refuses to throw his hat into the crowd once he enters the ring. Cena is clearly a man with a changed attitude now and he summons for a microphone from Tony Chimel ...

JOHN CENA: Listen up, I’ve got something to say ...

A mixed reaction from the crowd who are not sure about what is going on with Cena nowadays ...

JOHN CENA: On Monday Night RAW this week, I decided to pay a visit to Randy Orton ...

Cheers for the mention of the Viper ...

JOHN CENA: A lot of people seem to be unhappy with my actions on RAW. I distracted Randy Orton as he tried to secure a shot at the WWE Championship, I even dragged him out of the ring when he was trying to pin Kurt Angle ...

Boos for Cena’s actions ...

JOHN CENA: Now there are a lot of hypocrites walking round backstage who are accusing me of forgetting all about my principles. Hustle, loyalty and respect. They are accusing me of being a coward ... being disloyal to my fans ... and disrespecting Randy Orton and the WWE Championship.

More jeers for Cena as he prepares to continue ...

JOHN CENA: And you know what?

Cena pauses as the crowd wait on his next statement ...

JOHN CENA: I don’t care!

The WWE Universe in South Carolina are incensed by Cena’s comment and the jeers and boos ring out around the arena ...

JOHN CENA: For years and years, I have fought hard, I have hustled and scrapped and won title after title after title. And for what? Every arena I head into, I hear boos and chants of ... ‘Cena sucks!’ ...

The crowd erupt into a chant of ‘Cena sucks! Cena sucks!’ now that it has been mentioned ...

JOHN CENA: Whatever I say, whatever I do, however much sweat and blood I give for this company, I get boos and disrespectful chants ... I’m sick of it. I have been loyal to the WWE, loyal to the WWE Universe, loyal to the Cenation ... and do I get any respect?

More boos echo through the arena as Cena pauses ...

JOHN CENA: I certainly got no respect from Randy Orton. After Survivor Series, I apologised to Randy Orton. But he refused to accept my apology, he refused to take my word, he implied that I lost the WWE Championship on purpose ...

Another chant goes up, this time the WWE Universe are chanting ‘RKO!’ at Cena ...

JOHN CENA: Chant for him as much as you want, Shawn Michaels has banned him from appearing here on SMACKDOWN tonight. If he knows what is good for him, he’ll take that advice on board.

Cena is not happy with the WWE Universe, it is clear that this has been building for months ...

JOHN CENA: I gave everything I had at Survivor Series, I tried to get the win, I tried to earn the respect of Randy Orton so that I could challenge him for the WWE Championship. But he didn’t respect that. He didn’t respect my loyalty ... And neither did all of you!

Another chant of ‘Cena sucks!’ begins ...

JOHN CENA: SHUT UP! I haven’t forgotten ... I haven’t forgotten Cyber Sunday. WWE Championship, Randy Orton vs. Wade Barrett ... and you had the chance to vote for John Cena to be entered in the match as well. All I’ve ever wanted to do here in the WWE is be the WWE Champion ... And you took that away from me. You didn’t vote me into the match and then you cheered for Randy Orton instead.

Cena shakes his head and looks around the arena upset ...

JOHN CENA: You cheered ... for Randy Orton ... instead.

Cena looks disgusted in the ring as he looks around the arena ... The WWE Universe do not appear to be respectful of Cena at all now ...

JOHN CENA: You turned your backs on me that night, you showed me a lack of loyalty and a lack of respect and I ... I am sick of it! I tried to ignore it, I tried to tell myself that my fans were loyal still ... I tried to fight alongside Randy Orton at Survivor Series ... But when Randy Orton refused to accept my apology, when Randy Orton disrespected me, I decided that I had had enough. I am now loyal to just one person ... myself!

The crowd boo Cena once again ...

JOHN CENA: And I will destroy all who get in my path. I will be the World Heavyweight Champion by the end of WrestleMania 27 ...

Another ‘Cena sucks!’ chant begins ...

JOHN CENA: ... and there is nothing that any of you ... there is nothing that any superstar in the SMACKDOWN locker room ... and there is nothing that Randy Orton ... can do about it!

Jeers and boos ring out around the arena, Cena is well and truly turned against the WWE Universe now ...

JOHN CENA: And this week on RAW, it is the WWE Slammy Awards Show for 2010 ... I will be there, I will be there on RAW and I will be seeking out Randy Orton ... I have a proposition for you, Viper, I have a proposition for you that I’m sure you’re going to like ...

Another ‘RKO!’ chant goes up ...

JOHN CENA: ... so I’ll see you this Monday, Orton. Make sure that you turn up ... because ...

*** S.O.S. ***

A loud cheer goes up for the arrival of Kofi Kingston who heads out shaking his head ...

TONY CHIMEL: His opponent, from Ghana, West Africa ... weighing 221 pounds ... KOFI KINGSTON!

Kofi has a microphone in his hand and he doesn’t perform his usual entrance with the pyrotechnics ... Instead, as he heads for the ring, Kofi speaks directly to Cena ...

KOFI KINGSTON: You know, man, I have always respected you. Always. Ever since I arrived here in the WWE, all I wanted to do was emulate John Cena ...

Cena looks nonplussed over the comments of Kingston ...

KOFI KINGSTON: ... but not anymore, Cena. Any respect I had for you is now gone, Cena. And tonight, I am going to show you just how little I respect you now. For the past few months, I have been this close ...

Kofi holds his fingers up ...

KOFI KINGSTON: ... this close to becoming the World Heavyweight Champion. I have been so close but now ... now, I am ready to take the last step, to make believers of people ... I am so close, I need a big win now to make people sit up and take notice ...

JOHN CENA: And let me guess, you think that you’re going to beat me tonight?

Kofi steps through the ropes into the ring and nods his head at Cena ...

KOFI KINGSTON: That’s the plan, Cena, that’s the plan ...

Cena laughs out loud before continuing ...

JOHN CENA: ... Not gonna’ happen, Kofi. You’re not on my level. Tonight, I show the SMACKDOWN locker room that Kofi Kingston is ... simply ... not good enough ...

Kofi looks annoyed and he rips his t-shirt off and throws it to the crowd ...

JOHN CENA vs. KOFI KINGSTON

With both Cena and Kofi now in the ring and prepared for action, the referee signals for the bell and the match is under way. Cena, dressed in his cut off jeans and sneakers, locks up with the brightly attired Kingston and they struggle for superiority for a moment before Kofi wins out with a knee to the gut. Three forearm smashes to the head of Cena stagger him back before Kofi goes to whip Cena across the ring into the corner turnbuckles. However, Cena manages to reverse the move and Kofi smashes back first into the turnbuckles instead. Cena rushes in but Kofi avoids the contact from Cena before springboarding out of the corner and nailing Cena with another hard forearm smash. First cover of the match from Kofi as Cena is down ...

* 1 *
* 2 *
* Cena kicks out easily! *

Kofi attempts to keep the advantage but Cena hits a stiff kick to the gut of the Ghanaian and this halts his progress. Cena takes Kofi down with his right leg and locks in a reverse chinlock to try and grind Kofi Kingston down. Slowing the match down, Cena keeps his arm tight around the chin of Kofi and the referee checks several times to ensure it doesn’t become a choke hold. There is no danger of Kofi tapping out but he realises he needs to get to his feet and out of the hold as soon as he can. As Kofi’s legs begin to fight out, the crowd chant his name ‘Kofi! Kofi’ and this inspires Kingston as he begins to force himself and Cena back to their feet. Cena holds on but Kofi manages to escape as he fires Cena off into the ropes to cheers from the crowd. Cena comes off the ropes and Kofi swings for an back elbow, Cena ducks and hits the opposite ropes and then hits a clothesline to crash Kofi down to the mat. Both men get to their feet quickly and Cena rushes at Kofi once more. Twice, Kofi leaps high over the head of the onrushing Cena as he bounces off the ropes, this time Kofi does connect with a back elbow and Cena is sent down to the mat clutching his face. Kofi immediately whips Cena into the corner and then rushes over with a jumping forearm smash. Cena is a little dazed and he holds the ropes as he staggers away and Kofi takes the chance and hits a big clothesline that sends Cena head over heels over the top rope and crunching down on the mat below whilst the crowd cheer Kofi who is jumping around excitedly in the ring.

Cena is not a happy bunny as he uses the announce table to lift himself up to his feet and he slaps the SMACKDOWN table in frustration before glaring at the announcers Michael Cole and Mick Foley sat behind it. He angrily turns to head back to the ring where the referee is in the early stages of counting him out but he doesn’t spot Kofi coming until the last second, missile dropkick through the ropes by Kofi Kingston and Cena is sent crashing into the announce table shoulder first this time. Kofi takes in the adulation of the fans as they again chant his name over and over before he drags Cena to his feet and rolls him under the bottom rope and into the ring. Kofi follows but Cena is a tough cookie and he catches Kofi coming in with a right hand that halts his momentum. Cena holds back and waits for Kofi to get to his knees before grabbing him and scooping him up, powerslam to Kofi Kingston. Kofi is down on his back and Cena spots a chance to go for his first cover of the night ...

* 1 *
* 2 *
* Kofi kicks out! *

Kofi staggers to the ropes and Cena heads over for him looking menacing. However, Kofi sees him coming and catches Cena with a back body drop that sails Cena up and over the top rope again and he slams down hard on the mats around the outside of the ring to the delight of the fans. Kofi has bought a little time to get his head straight as the referee begins to count Cena out ...

* 1 *
* 2 *
* 3 *
* 4 *
* 5 *
* 6 *
* Cena rolls back in at 7 ... *

Kofi is ready for Cena as he re-enters the ring though and he clubs the leader of the Cenation, for what it is these days, with forearms to the back and shoulders. Kofi steps back and allows Cena up before knocking him back down with a standing dropkick. Kingston goes for a cover ...

* 1 *
* 2 *
* Cena rolls his shoulder out! *

Cena gets himself up in the corner again and Kofi measures him before rushing over to try and leap on his shoulders. However, Cena knows it is coming and he moves so Kofi ends up stood on the middle rope facing out of the ring. Cena spots his chance and he shoves Kofi forward, face first over the top of the steel ring post and Kofi collides hard with the barricades around the ring to loud gasps and moans from the WWE Universe. Cena chuckles to himself in the ring and then holds his hands up high to the crowd who previously would have cheered loud. Not now though as most fans jeer Cena’s salute although Cena doesn’t seem bothered by this. Kofi is down and out on the outside as the referee’s count threatens to count him out here. Kofi gets to his knees at 5 and starts to slowly creep towards the ring again ... 6 ... Can he make it back in time?

* 1 *
* 2 *
* 3 *
* 4 *
* 5 *
* 6 *
* 7 *
* 8 *
* Kofi just about climbs back in at 9 just in time! *

As Kofi lies in the corner on the mat, Cena shakes his head and walks over towards him telling him ‘You should have stayed down!’ Cena looks determined to make Kofi pay for getting back into the ring and he slams his head into the top turnbuckle before starting to launch big right hands at Kofi. The Ghanaian manages to fight back though and the pair of them trade punches until Cena pulls Kofi by the hair and slams him down back first onto the mat. The referee isn’t impressed with Cena’s actions but he doesn’t look interested in the referee’s view. Kicks rain down onto the stomach and chest of Kofi as Cena confidently keeps his opponent down and is now looking good as he seeks a big win that would put him into title contention here on his new home of SMACKDOWN. Kofi aims a few well placed kicks though to fight back from the mat, he is showing tremendous heart and he gets back to his feet with a spring still in his step. Cena swings for a clothesline, Kofi ducks and Cena hits the ropes. Kofi jumps him the first time and the second time Cena comes towards him ... Shoulder block from Cena! Here we go! Another shoulder block from Cena and whereas before this would have raised huge cheers in the arena, now the arena is filled with boos and jeers as Cena gains momentum. The sitout powerbomb move follows and Cena stands up to a barrage of heat from the crowd as he smiles and holds his hand high in the air. Cena thinks for a moment and then waves his hand over his face at Kofi ... ‘You can’t see me!’ the crowd still chant along but then Cena repeats it whilst looking out at the crowd ... He hits the ropes and drops the Five Knuckle Shuffle to Kingston and the crowd continue to boo the hell out of Cena. Cena heads for the corner and he climbs the ropes ready to hit the Leg Drop to Kofi but as he leaps off looking to drop the leg over the back of Kingston’s head, Kofi dives out of the way and Cena lands on his ass to the delight of the crowd. Kofi goes for a quick surprise roll up ...

* 1 *
* 2 *
* Cena just recovers to kick out in time! *

Both men try to get to their feet at the same time and Kofi – on his knees – launches punches to Cena’s stomach as he fights back further. Both men hit the ropes again and they both go for a cross body at the same time and they collide in mid-air to loud gasps from the crowd. Both men are down and the referee has time to start a countout of the pair. A loud ‘Kofi!’ chant begins in the arena as he starts to fight back up to his feet and the two opponents get to their feet around the same time as the referee’s count reaches 6. Kofi starts to take charge as he hits well placed kicks to the thigh and waist areas of Cena and then he follows this up with fast-paced axe handles that crash Cena down once, twice, a standing drop kick sends him down for a third time. Kofi hooks the leg of Cena for the pinfall ...

* 1 *
* 2 *
* Cena powers out! *

Cens staggers to his feet in the corner and once again, Kofi looks to jump up on his shoulders. This time he succeeds and he delivers a barrage of punches to the head of Cena. With Cena dazed, Kofi readjusts himself and gets his feet on the ropes before delivering a bulldog out of the corner of the ring. Cena’s face crashes down on the mat, Kofi goes for the cover again ...

* 1 *
* 2 *
* Cena kicks out! *

Cena, sensing that he is in trouble here, rolls out of the ring to the outside to the annoyance of Kofi, the referee and the WWE Universe. Kofi climbs the corner ropes once more to the top and he waits for Cena to turn around before jumping high off the ropes ... Diving Cross Body to Cena on the outside! Cena is splatted down onto the floor and Kofi jumps up, pumped up as the fans show their appreciation. Kofi climbs up onto the apron again but not into the ring and he focuses on Cena as he gets slowly to his feet. Kofi runs along the apron and then dives for Cena again with a flying forearm but Cena catches him and drops him down to the floor with a spinebuster instead. One too many big move from Kofi Kingston and the referee begins to count out both superstars as they lay on the floor struggling. The referee reaches 6 and both men head for the ring, inching their way slowly to the apron.

* 1 *
* 2 *
* 3 *
* 4 *
* 5 *
* 6 *
* 7 *
* 8 – Cena rolls in ... *
* 9 – Kofi follows just in time! *

The referee is pleased to have both men back in the ring but Cena kicks Kofi stiffly in the mid-section and then tosses him back through the ropes to the outside once more. The referee argues with Cena but he isn’t interested and follows Kofi to the outside. Cena picks his opponent up and uses his shoulder to drive him hard into the side of the ring. Kofi winces in pain but Cena doesn’t stop there and repeats the move a second time before a third shoulder drive into the barricades leaves Kofi down on the floor in a lot of pain. Cena cockily gets to his feet and smirks as he gets abuse from the crowd at ringside and as the referee demands that he brings Kofi back into the ring. Cena picks Kofi up and drags him head first towards the ring but decides not to roll him back inside just yet. He sets up to whip Kingston into the steel ring steps but Kofi reverses the move and instead Cena goes clattering shoulder first into the ringsteps, knocking them loose at ringside. Both men are down on the outside again but this time Kofi is the one who is looking most likely to beat the count back into the ring.

* 1 *
* 2 *
* 3 *
* 4 *
* 5 *
* 6 *
* 7 *
* Kofi rolls Cena into the ring and follows himself at 8 ... *

Kofi is stood in the ring with a struggling Cena at his feet and he is the one smiling now. He lifts Cena up and props him in the corner before delivering a huge European uppercut and then setting up for a Russian Leg Sweep. He connects with this and drives Cena’s back into the mat before getting to his feet and signalling for the ‘Boom Drop!’ by running on the spot. The crowd go wild as Kofi comes off the ropes and claps his hands while the crowd chant along ... ‘Boom! Boom! BOOM!’ ... Kofi drops both his legs over the midriff of Cena before hooking the leg and covering ...

* 1 *
* 2 *
* Cena just kicks out in time! *

Kofi is not put off though and he takes a few steps back and begins clapping his hands together ... The crowd chant along with him again, can Kofi Kingston hit Trouble in Paradise here? Cena staggers to his feet and turns, Kofi spins around and swings his foot towards Cena’s head ... Cena ducks and escapes out of the ring again to the disbelief of the crowd who boo loudly at this new change in Cena’s attitude. However, Kofi is focused and he hits the ropes before storming across the ring and he dives through the ropes at Cena! Suicide Dive! Cena smashes back first into the barricades once more and the crowd cheer loud for Kofi now. Kofi drags Cena to his feet and rolls him back into the ring before he climbs the ropes in the corner. From the top rope, Kofi measures his opponent as he gets slowly to his feet ... Missile Drop Kick from Kofi Kingston connects! Kofi with the cover ...

* 1 *
* 2 *
* Cena escapes at the last moment! *

Kofi clutches his head in frustration but he is not to be out-done and he gets to his feet first once more. Dragging Cena up with him, he is caught by surprise when Cena kicks him hard in the stomach. Cena grabs Kofi by the head and takes him to the corner where he drives him shoulder first into the steel ring post. The referee admonishes Cena and threatens to disqualify him if he carries on like that but Cena lets it wash over him secure in the knowledge that he has just bought himself some serious time. Kofi is slumped in the corner clutching his shoulder as Cena recovers before heading over to him once more. Cena once more throws Kofi down on the mat by the hair and he heads for the top rope himself now. This time, Cena connects with the big leg drop to the back of Kofi’s head and Cena – with the boos ringing out – steps back once more ready to hit the Attitude Adjustment. He waits and stalks Kofi as he struggles to his feet. Once he turns, Cena lifts Kofi up onto his shoulders but Kofi realises what danger he is in and he fights hard to escape, elbows connecting with Cena’s head as he wriggles clear ... Stunned a little, Cena swings wildly at Kofi and misses which allows Kofi his chance ... SOS! Kofi Kingston delivers the SOS to John Cena! Surely it is over? Kofi with the cover ...

* 1 *
* 2 *
* NO! Cena kicks out in the nick of time! *

Kofi questions the referee’s count of 2 but the referee indicates that Cena was up just before the 3 and Kofi accepts this. He retreats once more ready for another attempt at the big finish move ... Cena wobbles as he gets to his feet, his legs are clearly weak now but Kofi is still clutching his shoulder from earlier too. Cena turns and Kofi swings around once more ... TROUBLE IN PARADISE CONNECTS! Cena is down and out, Kofi with the cover ...

* 1 *
* 2 *
* 3 *

Kofi celebrates as does the crowd but then we realise that the referee is signalling wildly at Kofi ... Cena’s hand was on the bottom rope, it was only a 2! Kofi cannot believe it and the crowd are disappointed as they realise what is happening. A replay shows that Cena did indeed get his hand on the bottom rope just in time to escape ... Kofi despairs but steels himself for another onslaught to Cena. He goes over towards him but Cena reacts quick as lightning ... ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT! It’s over now for sure! Cena is about to drop down for the pin though when ...

*** VOICES ***

Cena turns around in disbelief and the crowd go nuts as all eyes focus on the stage where Randy Orton should be heading out to the ring. His music and entrance video are playing but there is no sign of Orton at all ... The music stops, the video cuts out and Cena realises that he has been distracted ... He turns round to go after Kofi once more ... TROUBLE IN PARADISE CONNECTS AGAIN! Kofi hits the big kick to Cena, he drags him away from the ropes and hooks the leg ...

* 1 *
* 2 *
* 3 *

WINNER: Kofi Kingston (15:05)

TONY CHIMEL: Here is your winner ... KOFI KINGSTON!

The referee holds Kingston's hand up in the air and he looks delighted with the victory even thought there are a few question marks over the validity of it after Cena was distracted. Either way, Kofi celebrates in the corner and milks the reaction of the crowd for all it is worth, this victory should plunge him right back into the World Championship picture. Cena rolls out of the ring in disbelief and he sits with his back to the ring apron whilst staring out at the stage and titantron area where there is still no sign of Randy Orton. It seems that Cena has been made to look like a fool by Orton who respected the order of RAW General Manager, HBK, by not showing up on SMACKDOWN tonight ...

MICK FOLEY: Kofi Kingston showed tonight that he can live with the best here on SMACKDOWN and in the WWE!

MICHAEL COLE: Oh, come on, John Cena had the match won ...

MICK FOLEY: I never said that he showed he could beat the best, I said he showed he can compete with the best!

MICHAEL COLE: Kofi Kingston didn’t win any respect from me there, Mick, he was beaten and he got lucky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monday Night RAW

*** IF YA’ SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKIN’ ***

The crowd come unstuck as the legend that is The Rock heads out onto the stage and smells the air ... With the crowd on their feet and cheering, Rock heads for the ring with a look of determination on his face, his eyes shielded by his sunglasses ... Rock looks delighted to be back on WWE TV ... He strides up the ring steps and into the ring where thousands of flashlights pop as he performs his pose in the corner, his arm held high, his eyebrow arched ... He repeats this in the opposite corner of the ring whilst the crowd go wild with delight to see Rock live in Greensborough and back in the WWE where he belongs ...

JERRY LAWLER: JR ... The Rock ... He’s back!

JIM ROSS: What an ovation for the 9 time WWE Champion!

A loud ‘Rocky!’ chant begins as the music fades and Rock stands centre of the ring with a microphone in his hand ... Rock milks the ovation for a while, listening to the people chant his name and facing each side of the ring to take in the atmosphere ... Finally, Rock seems ready to speak ...

THE ROCK: Can you feel it?

The WWE Universe greet these words as if Rock has just won the WWE Championship for a tenth time! It takes an age for the crowd to settle ...

THE ROCK: Can you smell it?

Again, the reaction of the crowd is crazy as Rock gets into his stride again ...

THE ROCK: Can you see it?

Another ‘Rocky!’ chant goes up and that familiar smile spreads over the face of Rock ...

THE ROCK: For seven years ... seven long years ... Seven years of movies, talk shows, Hollywood ... seven years of ‘Be Cool’ ... ‘Gridiron Gang’ ... ‘The Game Plan’ ... ‘Planet 51’ ... ‘Fast Five’ ...

Dramatic pause from the Rock as he looks around the arena ...

THE ROCK: ... ‘The Tooth Fairy’ ...

Rock chuckles as some of the crowd give fake boos for this role ...

THE ROCK: ... Seven years of film sets, co-stars, fast cars and fairy costumes ... Seven years ...

The anticipation is building in the arena ...

THE ROCK: ... but ... finally ... No, Finally ... No, no, no ... FINALLY ... The Rock ... has come back ... to Greensborough!

The crowd go wild for Rock who continues ...

THE ROCK: ... And Finally, The Rock has come back ... to the WWE!

Another ‘Rocky’ chant goes up and the crowd are ecstatic to see their hero back in the WWE ring ...

THE ROCK: I have been out of the ring for too long, for too long ... I’ve been all around the world, I have become ... the most electrifying man in ALL of entertainment ...

Another loud pop for the Rock ...

THE ROCK: ... but I never forgot ... I never forgot where my home was ... I never forgot the place where it all started for The Rock ... and I made myself a promise ... that I would be back, that I would return to the WWE, that I would be back in this ring to whip some candy ass ... all the way down ‘Know Your Role Boulevard’ ... right down ‘Jabroni Drive’ ... and check in at the ‘SMACKDOWN Hotel’ ...

The crowd continue to cheer and chant for The Rock ... (How many ways can I repeat that sentence?!!!)

THE ROCK: So The Rock says this ... The WWE needs a legend ... the WWE needs somebody to mentor on NXT ... Chip Butty asks the Rock to come back, mentor the WWE superstars who have lost their way as only The Rock can ... whippin’ ass, laying the smack down on their candy asses and showing them the way ... The Rock is going to drag four monkey asses and make them believers ... Make them believe that they can bring it ...

More cheers and chants from the WWE Universe ...

THE ROCK: The Rock is going to show them how he became ...

Deep breath from the Rock ...

THE ROCK: ... the ‘Jabroni beating, pie eating, trail blazing, eyebrow raising, the best in the present, the future and the past’ ... and if they don’t like it, they can kiss the people’s ass!

’Rocky! Rocky! Rocky!’ ...

THE ROCK: Because, even if I have been gone for seven years ... The Rock is still the People’s Champion! The Rock is still the most electrifying man in Sports Entertainment! The Rock will forever be the Great One! And the Rock will ensure that one of his stars becomes a man and brings it to the WWE ... The Rock will teach his men all he knows, he will lead by example ... If ya smelllllllllllllllllllll-la-la-la-allllll ... WHAT THE ROCK ... IS ...

Rock straightens himself up, removes his sunglasses, raises his eyebrow ready to deliver his famous last words ...

*** LONGHORN ***

Boos ring out around the arena and Rock turns to look at the stage in disbelief where a limosine is pulling into the arena ... Out steps the other NXT Season 3 mentor, JBL, who Rock hit the ‘Rock Bottom’ to last week on his return ... JBL waves his hat around as he approaches the ring with a self satisfied smirk on his face ... He walks up the ring steps and locks eyes with the Rock who is eying him with a sense of amazement ...

JBL: Rock, hold it there. You come out here with all your fancy catchphrases, all your fancy names and monikers ... But there is only one ‘Wrestling God’ out here isn’t there?

The crowd boo as Rock sizes JBL up ...

JBL: You see, for too long, these people have cheered for the wrong people ... They cheer for people like Randy Orton ... John Cena ... John Morrison ... and they cheer for people like you, Rock. People who have walked out on them for seven years. You walk out on them for seven years and then you come back and repeat a few catchphrases ... and like the seals that they are, they all clap along and everything is good with the world again.

JBL is making quite a valid point ...

JBL: What they should be doing is listening to the people who know best, people like the great JBL, the Wrestling God! I am a success in everything that I do, I am a successful businessman as well as a great wrestler. Now I’ll give you credit, Rock, you were good in the ring – ten years ago – but your movies have been ... well, they have been awful, Rock.

Rock looks annoyed with JBL’s comments ...

JBL: Unlike me, you left the WWE and your success it finished. And now, you’re back here for NXT Season 3 and unlike me, you’re back here as a failure with something to prove. There is a problem though ... you won’t beat me. One of my WWE superstars will win NXT Season 3, I’ll do whatever it takes.

Boos and jeers as Rock looks to respond ...

THE ROCK: Bradshaw? Is that you? Where’s Faarooq?

JBL: I got rid of ...

THE ROCK: IT DOESN’T MATTER WHERE FAAROOQ IS!

The crowd roar as Rock puts JBL down ...

THE ROCK: It goes like this, JBL, you are just a jabroni that never got near the level of The Rock. So you held a World Title once, well woopy-doo ... I held nine WWE Championships during my time here. I headlined WrestleMania after WrestleMania after WrestleMania and at WrestleMania 27 in April, Team Bring It will be victorious in NXT Season 3. So you just turn around and don’t you ever ... and the Rock means ever ... interrupt the Great One ... again!

Another put-down from the Rock and more cheers from the WWE Universe ...

JBL: Rock ... Don’t you go thinking that you can make threats to me. You can’t. I won’t forget that Rock Bottom from last week. In fact, I ought to come over there right now ...

THE ROCK: Oh, JBL, trust me, I wish you would come here right now ... so I can take that cowboy hat, polish it up real nice, turn that sombitch sideways and stick it straight up your candy ...

JBL suddenly takes a cheap shot at Rock and knocks him off his feet with a vicious and unexpected right hand ... Rock is livid as JBL makes a quick exit from the ring and is backing away up the ramp as Rock recovers ... JBL reaches the top of the ramp when the NXT theme song begins ...

*** WILD AND YOUNG ***

MATT STRIKER: Guys, guys, calm down please. Ladies and Gentlemen, I am Matt Striker and, along with Josh Matthews, I will be the host and announcer of NXT Season 3!

JBL stares at Striker as he leaves the Rock in the ring ...

MATT STRIKER: Hold up, JBL, hold up, I have an announcement. I have to inform you both of the first superstar that will be joining you on NXT. Both of these men have something to prove and they need to step it up on NXT or run the risk of being fired ...

JBL demands to know who his first WWE superstar will be ...

MATT STRIKER: Calm down, JBL, here he is. The first man to be joining Team JBL for the third season of NXT will be ...

*** EXPLODING HELMETS ***

MATT STRIKER: ... the winner of NXT Season 2 ... KAVAL!

Kaval gets a nice pop from the crowd as he walks out and acknowledges the cheers of the WWE Universe. However, he is met with a less than welcoming look from his new mentor, JBL, who looks at Kaval as if he is disgusted by him ...

MATT STRIKER: So Team JBL has Kaval, who will Team Rock have as their first member? The first member of Team Rock on NXT Season 3 will be ...

*** I AM PERFECTION ***

MATT STRIKER: ... DOLPH ZIGGLER!

Ziggler comes out looking annoyed at the fact he is being forced to fight for his WWE career and walks straight past Striker and straight for the ring ... His new mentor, The Rock, is looking over at him curiously ... Ziggler gets into the ring and points his finger at Rock and then to himself and it is clear that Ziggler believes he is too good for NXT Season 3 ... He talks trash to Rock and suddenly he says something that makes Rock’s eyes bulge ... Rock grabs him and hits the Rock Bottom on Dolph Ziggler this week! The Rock’s music begins and he leaves the ring with Ziggler laid out on the mat ...
MICHAEL COLE: So Dolph Ziggler confirmed on Team Rock for NXT ‘Endangered’ whilst Team JBL’s first confirmed superstar is this man ...

*** EXPLODING HELMETS ***

MICHAEL COLE: ... Kaval, the man who won NXT Season 2 but he will have to fight for survival in the third season of NXT next month!

MICK FOLEY: Kaval is a very talented guy, Cole, don’t be put off by his size, he can hit you from anywhere and he can hit you hard!

MICHAEL COLE: Oh give over, Mick, the guy is three foot six, he has no chance of surviving here in the WWE! He might as well give up now!

MICK FOLEY: I can guarantee you, Cole, that he will not be doing that!

*** DOWN ON YOUR KNEES ***

TONY CHIMEL: This match is set for one fall ... Introducing first, from Brooklyn, New York and weighing 174 pounds ... KAVAL!

Kaval acknowledges the applause of the crowd ...

TONY CHIMEL: And his opponent ... from Perry, Oklahoma ... weighing 263 pounds ... The ‘All American American’ ... JACK SWAGGER!

Swagger drops to a press-up position in the aisle and does three quick push ups before standing up and holding out his arms while the red, white and blue fireworks explode behind him ... He gets into the ring and runs around in a circle with his arms out before standing and looking straight at Kaval ... Swagger looks disgusted and he clearly thinks he is above wrestling against this man ...

JACK SWAGGER vs. KAVAL

Kaval starts out fast and he catches Swagger off guard several times with stiff, quick kicks and high flying moves off the ropes. However, Swagger’s strength allows him to take charge of the contest as he suplexes Kaval several times to get himself on top. Swagger is not impressed by having to face Kaval and he voices his opinion loudly throughout the match. An attempted fightback from Kaval is cut short with a Big Boot from Swagger and he follows this up with a huge corner springshot splash that leaves Kaval clutching his stomach in pain. Swagger hooks the leg ...

* 1 *
* 2 *
* Kaval kicks out! *

Swagger retains control though and he starts to stomp at the knee and lower leg of Kaval as he attempts to set up the Ankle Lock for later. Swagger goes for a Gutwrench Powerbomb next but the little man counters and wriggles clear before hitting several knife edge chops to the chest of Swagger to stagger him back to the corner. Kaval stands on the bottom rope to get level with Swagger and then hits a headbutt to the All American American that staggers him back. Kaval lifts himself to the middle corner buckle and waits for Swagger to turn around before hitting a flying dropkick that sends Swagger down once more ... Cover from Kaval ...

* 1 *
* 2 *
* Swagger powers out *

A roundhouse kick meets Swagger as he gets to his knees and leaves him face down on the mat and struggling. Powered by the cheers of the WWE Universe, Kaval climbs to the top rope and he sets up for Ghetto Stomp, a two footed stomp from the top rope. Kaval leaps high in the air and looks to drive his feet into Swagger’s gut but he rolls away just in time. Kaval springboards off the middle ropes and goes for a Shining Wizard kick but Swagger ducks and hits a huge clothesline that nearly breaks Kaval in half ...

* 1 *
* 2 *
* Kaval somehow kicks out! *

Swagger looks extremely frustrated now but he hits a shoulder breaker to Kaval that leaves him flat on his back again in pain. Swagger signals that the match is over and he grabs Kaval’s leg and locks in the Ankle Lock to the dismay of the crowd ... However, Kaval refuses to lay down and he counters with kick to the leg of Swagger to break free from him. With Swagger disorientated, Kaval rolls him up quickly to try and surprise him ...

* 1 *
* 2 *
* 3 *

WINNER: Kaval (5:04)

JUSTIN ROBERTS: Here is your winner ... KAVAL!

MICHAEL COLE: Wait a minute!

MICK FOLEY: That’s what you get for being cocky, Cole!

MICHAEL COLE: Swagger is furious with that!

Kaval celebrates in the corner and salutes the fans but an extremely annoyed Jack Swagger decides that he isn’t happy with what just happened ... He rushes over and clubs Kaval in his lower back to the jeers of the crowd before dragging him off the ropes and setting up again for the Gutwrench Powerbomb ... this time, Swagger drives Kaval down hard into the mat back first ... The referee tries to order Swagger out of the ring but the ‘All American American’ refuses and he straddles Swagger to pummel him hard over and over in the face before getting to his feet with a roar ... Swagger next grabs his leg once more and he locks in the Ankle Lock to the helpless Kaval ... With the referee trying to stop Swagger unsuccessfully, Kaval can’t last long this time and he begins to frantically tap out ... Kaval is screaming in pain but Swagger refuses to break the hold for at least a minute before the referee finally forces him to break it ...

MICHAEL COLE: Will Kaval even be able to make it to NXT now, Mick?!

MICK FOLEY: You seem to get a kick out of seeing Swagger dismantling Kaval for no reason, Cole ...

MICHAEL COLE: I already told you, Mick, Kaval doesn’t belong here in the WWE, look at him!

MICK FOLEY: He just won the match! And let me remind you, Cole, Jack Swagger is a former World Heavyweight Champion, not some chump!

MICHAEL COLE: Anybody can get lucky, Mick! He caught Swagger by surprise and look at how he paid for it. Jack Swagger destroyed him for it!

The crowd are booing as Swagger is ushered from the ring whilst EMT’s tend to the injured leg and ankle of Kaval who looks to be in a great deal of pain ...

COMING SOON!

SMACKDOWN returns with Christian in the office of Teddy Long ... The General Manager is still looking incredibly nervous but he trusts Christian and is prepared to speak to him ...

CHRISTIAN: Look Teddy, I’m aware that you have a lot on your mind tonight but I need to speak to you about this whole thing with Matt Hardy and I proving ourselves to you ...

Teddy Long looks at Christian with a look of being a little fed up of this argument between Christian and Matt Hardy ...However, Christian ploughs on ...

CHRISTIAN: What I want to know Teddy is how I can impress you. What could I do to impress you enough to give me a shot at the World Championship?

Long shakes his head at Christian ...

TEDDY LONG: Look, playa, I don’t know ...

A door opens behind Teddy Long and he jumps a mile frightened ... In walks Matt Hardy though and he holds his hand up to the General Manager to show he is no threat ...

MATT HARDY: Calm down, Teddy, it’s only me. I just wanted to come here and echo Christian’s question ...

CHRISTIAN: You do, do you?

MATT HARDY: I do, Christian. I wanna’ know, Teddy, what it is you are looking for from Christian or myself over the next few weeks. How can we impress you?

Christian and Hardy both look at the General Manager expectantly but he shakes his head in frustration ... He is clearly not in the mood to deal with problems like this tonight ... He looks down at his feet ...

TEDDY LONG: Playas, not tonight. I don’t need this. I will make a decision over which one of you has impressed me when I am ready. Not before. As for tonight, you can both go out to the ring now for a match. Tonight, I am teaming you two up to face the former WWE Tag Team Champions Drew McIntyre and Cody Rhodes ... Now, please, get out of my office. And close the door behind you!

Christian and Hardy looked shocked at the outburst of the General Manager and they leave the office with raised eyebrows to each other ... Teddy Long goes to close and lock the door behind them but there is a knock on the door ...

TEDDY LONG: Wh ... Who ... Who is it?

???: Teddy, it’s Chip Butty ... your boss!

Teddy immediately opens the door and in walks the owner of the WWE, Chip Butty. Butty shakes hands with Teddy Long and the pair of them sit down on the leather couch in the corner of the room ...

TEDDY LONG: Good evening, Chip. How are you?

CHIP BUTTY: Honestly, Teddy? Concerned. What is going on here on SMACKDOWN at the moment?

TEDDY LONG: It’s under control, I’ve got it sorted now. I’ve spoken with Kane and ...

CHIP BUTTY: You’ve sorted things out with Kane, Teddy! Now you’re going to upset every other member of the SMACKDOWN roster instead though.

TEDDY LONG: I don’t really have much choice, playa. Kane has made that perfectly clear ...

CHIP BUTTY: Teddy, I don’t employ you to make one guy happy. I employ you to manage the whole of SMACKDOWN. Teddy, you need to exert your authority on this show!

TEDDY LONG: How can I do that? What am I supposed to do?

CHIP BUTTY: Stand up to Kane. He can’t touch you, Teddy! You’re the General Manager of SMACKDOWN, you are his boss! Stand up to him!

The crowd cheer appreciatively and Teddy Long seems to steel himself up ... He nods his head at Chip Butty and smiles.

TEDDY LONG: You’re right, playa. I’m going to change tonight’s main event and tell Kane that ...

CHIP BUTTY: Teddy, you’ve already promised Kane that he can choose any match he wants tonight and next week on SMACKDOWN as well. I want you to stand up to Kane but you can’t reverse that offer. That is made, you need to live with the consequences of that ...

Long nods his head in agreement again ...

TEDDY LONG: Understood. Kane can choose the match that he wants but he will not intimidate me no more!

CHIP BUTTY: Fantastic, Teddy. I’ll see you around!

Chip Butty and Teddy Long shake hands as the cameras return to ringside ...

MICHAEL COLE: Teddy Long says he is going to stand up to Kane, Mick? I can’t wait to see that!

MICK FOLEY: That’s easier said than done, Cole. But Teddy Long is the General Manager, he is the man who can – if he wants to – fire Kane as well!

*** SMOKE AND MIRRORS ***

MICHAEL COLE: Here comes the former Tag Team Champion, Mick!

Rhodes checks his appearance in the mirror on the stage before heading for the ring and insulting people in the aisle as he does ... Rhodes enters the ring and takes a microphone whilst there are plenty of boos for him ...

MICK FOLEY: No Drew McIntyre heading out with him though, Cole!

MICHAEL COLE: Last week on SMACKDOWN’s big title night, Cody teamed up with his partner Drew McIntyre in their rematch for the Tag Team Championship of Santino Marella and Vladimir Kozlov. Unfortunately for the former champions, they failed to regain their titles ...

MICK FOLEY: And it seemed that Cody wasn’t best impressed with his partner either ...

MICHAEL COLE: Lets hear what Cody Rhodes has to say about it then ...

Cody Rhodes raises the microphone in the centre of the ring to address the WWE Universe ...

CODY RHODES: Last week on SMACKDOWN, myself and Drew McIntyre failed to win back the WWE Tag Team Championships.

Cheers from the crowd ...

CODY RHODES: Unlike all of you here in South Carolina, I am not willing to accept being a loser. I look like a million dollars and I expect to win matches and win titles ...

Rhodes points at some members of the WWE Universe at ringside ...

CODY RHODES: Whilst all of you are willing to accept your sub-standard lives ... you are willing to accept your ugly visage ... and you are willing to accept being second rate ... I am not. The Tag Team gold that I carried did what little else can ... it made me look even better than I already do.

Cody Rhodes holds his hands out and poses with a beaming smile showing his handsome looks ...

*** BROKEN DREAMS ***

Cody looks round and sees that his partner Drew McIntyre is heading out onto the stage ... Drew is also carrying a microphone and he stands on stage looking at Cody in the ring ... Drew holds his hands up to signal for his music to be cut ...

DREW McINTYRE: Cut my music!

The music fades out ...

DREW McINTYRE: Cody ... Cody ... You’re absolutely right! In recent weeks, I have let you down and I apologise to you. But I guarantee you that tonight, I will make it up to you. Cody, tonight, we will beat Matt Hardy and Christian and show that not only are we the dominant tag team here in the WWE ... but it is you and I who deserve to be the ones challenging for the World Heavyweight Championship in the future months!

Cody nods his head and looks happy with Drew’s explanation as he enters the ring. The pair of them embrace and they look ready to team up again ...

TONY CHIMEL: Ladies and Gentlemen, this tag team contest is set for one fall ... Introducing first, at a combined weight of 479 pounds ... CODY RHODES and DREW McINTYRE!

Cody and Drew raise their hands at the sound of their introduction but the crowd boo them as usual ...

*** JUST CLOSE YOUR EYES ***

TONY CHIMEL: Their opponents ... Introducing first, from Toronto, Canada ... CHRISTIAN!

Christian heads out looking confident that he can begin to impress the SMACKDOWN General Manager Teddy Long here tonight ... As he walks to the ring, he shields his eyes as he scans the crowd for his ‘Peeps’ before getting in the ring ...

*** LIVE FOR THE MOMENT ***

The crowd cheer loud for Matt Hardy as he comes out looking pumped up and ready for action tonight ... The experienced Matt Hardy knows that he needs something special to impress Teddy Long and to earn a shot at his dream ... the World Heavyweight Championship!

TONY CHIMEL: His partner, from Cameron, North Carolina ...

Cheers for the local-ish Matt Hardy ...

TONY CHIMEL: ... MATT HARDY!

CHRISTIAN & MATT HARDY vs. CODY RHODES & DREW McINTYRE

The tag team chemistry of Drew McIntyre and Cody Rhodes – a team who have been paired up now for the last four months – shows as they control the majority of the early stages of the contest ... However, Christian and Matt Hardy, despite not being partners, have both had major Tag Team successes in the past with 17 Tag Team Title reigns combined so far in their careers ... Every now and then, Hardy and Christian show moments of tag team magic and this means that neither Drew nor Cody can rest on their laurels here. Drew McIntyre gets into the ring and begins to dominate the match though, determined to impress his partner Cody Rhodes, with Matt Hardy on the end of the beating. Christian, whilst wanting to win the match, doesn’t seem too concerned to see Hardy struggling though as it reflects better on him as he seeks to impress Teddy Long ...

Drew McIntyre drags Matt Hardy up from the canvas and shoots Hardy off into the ropes ... on his return, Drew spins Hardy up and round into a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker over his knee. He follows this up with a snap suplex to Matt Hardy and goes for a cover ...

* 1 *
* 2 *
* Hardy kicks out! *

McIntyre allows Hardy to get back to his feet to start moving towards his partner Christian but as he does so, Drew jumps up behind him and grabs his head, slamming his back down on his back with a reverse neckbreaker ... A loud ‘Ooh!’ goes around the arena as Hardy crashes down hard and Drew smiles cockily with a quick glance over at his partner Rhodes. As Hardy gets back to his feet, Drew picks him up and slams him down with a body slam before making another cover ...

* 1 *
* 2 *
* Hardy kicks out again! *

McIntyre steps back and allows Hardy up once more before lifting him up from behind and suplexing him down onto his back again. McIntyre stands over Hardy and trash talks him instead of continuing the offence and this proves to be a mistake as Hardy rolls him up for a surprise pinfall ...

* 1 *
* 2 *
* Drew kicks out just in time! *

Cody Rhodes throws his arms up in annoyance at Drew nearly getting caught out as Hardy gets to his feet quicker ... Hardy looks to hit the Side Effect but Drew fights out and a kick to the gut allows him to set up for the Future Shock DDT instead. As Drew hooks the arms though, Hardy fights out and hits a backdrop suplex to Drew to take charge of the contest. Hardy gets to his feet waiting for Drew to get to his feet when he feels a slap on his shoulder ... Christian has stretched over and tagged himself in! Hardy looks annoyed with his partner as he steps through the ropes but Christian goes straight for Drew. He shoots McIntyre into the ropes and then lifts him up for a Flapjack that crashes Drew down to the mat once more. Christian lifts himself up onto the middle rope before diving over at the Scotsman, grabbing his head and hitting a thunderous Tornado DDT ... The crowd go wild as Christian makes the cover ...

* 1 *
* 2 *
* Cody Rhodes comes in and rescues Drew McIntyre! *

Cody – despite the referee’s protestations – drags Christian and throws him back first into the turnbuckles. Cody rushes over at Christian in the corner and stomps him several times in the midriff before leaving the ring and demanding that Drew goes to work. Cody is annoyed with Drew but McIntyre goes back to Christian and hits a clothesline in the corner. With Christian weakened, Drew kicks him in the gut and then lifts him up high ... Running Powerbomb! Christian crashes down into the mat as Cody yells at Drew to ‘Cover him now!’ A look of anger flits across the face of Drew as he drops to his knees and hooks Christian’s leg ...

* 1 *
* 2 *
* Kick out just in time by Christian! *

McIntyre is frustrated and he goes to tag in his partner Cody Rhodes ... who refuses to take the tag. Cody shakes his head and he demands that Drew goes and proves himself ... Drew McIntyre grabs Christian once more and starts hitting stiff kicks to the gut of Christian as he lies on the mat ... The referee tries to stop Drew but Matt Hardy makes no effort to come to the aid of his partner now ... As the referee admonishes Drew, Christian gets to his feet slowly and demands to know why Matt Hardy didn’t help him. Christian is attacked from behind by Drew and goes flying through the middle ropes to the outside but Matt Hardy manages to get a blind tag as he does. Hardy attacks Drew to surprise him and then follows it up with a clothesline in the corner. Climbing the ropes a little, Hardy follows the clothesline with a Bulldog down to the mat ... Cover from Hardy ...

* 1 *
* 2 *
* Kick out from Drew McIntyre! *

Hardy climbs the ropes in the corner and then drops a big leg drop over the chest of Drew McIntyre to the delight of the fans. Another cover ...

* 1 *
* 2 *
* McIntyre just kicks out! *

Cody Rhodes is almost going mad on the outside but is still refusing the tag as he encourages Drew to prove himself ... Hardy waits for Drew McIntyre to turn around once more and then he locks in the Side Effect and crashes Drew hard down on the mat ... Matt covers Drew once more ...

* 1 *
* 2 *
* Matt Hardy is dragged out of the ring by Christian! *

Christian and Matt Hardy almost square up to each other on the outside as the finger pointing begins. Christian jumps back onto the apron and demands the tag from his ‘partner’ but the tension is building between these two now. Hardy slides back into the ring and Drew McIntyre catches him coming in with a Big Boot that sends Matt crashing down on the mat. Christian reaches down and tags himself in and he goes after Drew instead. However, Drew catches him coming and hits a huge Side Slam ... Cover from Drew McIntyre ...

* 1 *
* 2 *
* Christian kicks out again! *

Drew once more sets up for the Future Shock DDT but Christian fights out and hits a Back Body Drop to the Scotsman instead. Christian steps back and begins to wait with his hands out wide ... waiting ... Drew gets back to his feet ... KILLSWITCH! Christian hits the Killswitch but as he gets up, Matt tags himself in! Christian is shocked and he argues with Matt ... who clotheslines him up and over the top rope! With Christian out and Drew down, Matt drags McIntyre back up and kicks him hard in the gut ... TWIST OF FATE! Matt Hardy hits the Twist of Fate and makes the cover ...

* 1 *
* 2 *
* 3 *

WINNER: Matt Hardy and Christian (10:03)

JUSTIN ROBERTS: Here are your winners ... MATT HARDY ... and CHRISTIAN!

The referee raises Hardy’s hand but Christian stands outside the ring staring at Hardy ... There is tension in the air now but Christian realises it isn’t worth fighting over right now as he turns, shaking his head and leaves the ring ... Hardy follows trying to justify his actions ...

MICHAEL COLE: Neither one of these men is impressing me, Mick!

MICK FOLEY: They won the match, Cole ... I think Teddy Long needs to make a decision soon so these two can sort their heads out and get on with their careers!

Drew McIntyre is getting to his feet after being beaten whilst his partner Cody Rhodes stands in the ring watching him ... Drew keeps glancing up at Rhodes as he slowly gets up with a pained expression on his face ... Drew McIntyre and Cody Rhodes stand face to face in the centre of the ring and Cody starts to speak, clearly unhappy and not impressed with what he has just seen ...

MICK FOLEY: If I were Cody Rhodes, I’d think twice before over-reacting here ... He needs to calm down and consider this carefully ...

MICHAEL COLE: What are you talking about, Mick? Cody needs to show Drew what he thinks!

Drew McIntyre is looking sheepish as Cody Rhodes stands over from him ... Cody Rhodes holds back his thoughts and he shakes his head before leaving the ring and Drew McIntyre alone ...

PREMIERES AHEAD OF SMACKDOWN, WEEK AFTER VENGEANCE!

SMACKDOWN returns with footage of Drew McIntyre walking backstage with a look of disappointment on his face after his loss before the break ... He walks round the corner and stood in front of him is his partner, Cody Rhodes ...

CODY RHODES: You know what, Drew? In this business, there are only two types ... Winners ... and Losers.

Drew looks down, still clearly disappointed ...

CODY RHODES: I’m afraid that I can’t let myself be associated with a loser, Drew ... That is what you are right now. Vince McMahon once named you as his ‘chosen one’ but you have started to believe your own hype. At Survivor Series, we lost the Tag Team Championship because you were pinned. Last week on SMACKDOWN, we failed to regain the titles ... because you were pinned once again. And tonight ... you lost again.

The words do not appear to be firing up Drew McIntyre ...

CODY RHODES: I am a winner, Drew. I am the most handsome man in the WWE ... I am the future of the WWE ... You? You are a ... loser. Our tag team ... is over ...

Drew McIntyre looks up as Cody Rhodes leaves him and continues down the corridor ... The cameras return to the ring area ...

MICHAEL COLE: Not even a hint of an argument from Drew McIntyre, Mick ...

MICK FOLEY: The look in Drew’s eyes gave him away, Cole, he was utterly dejected, completely at a loss to explain what has gone wrong ...

MICHAEL COLE: What can he do about it?

MICK FOLEY: He’s got a lot of hard work ahead of him, he’s got to go away and re-think his outlook, his strategy, Drew needs to step up if he is going to be, as he was once known, the ‘Chosen One’ ...

*** CRANK IT UP ***

MICHAEL COLE: Here we go, Mick, main event time!

The Big Show heads out smiling and looking excited about his match tonight as he looks for revenge against the man who took advantage of him last week to win the World Heavyweight Championship in CM Punk ...

TONY CHIMEL: This match is a non-title match and is set for one fall ... Introducing first, from Tampa, Florida and weighing 485 pounds ... THE BIG SHOW!

MICHAEL COLE: Here is the man, Mick, who last week won the World Heavyweight Championship from the Big Red Monster Kane ... only to lose it again moments later against CM Punk!

MICK FOLEY: Indeed it is, Cole, but don’t let those smiles and waves fool you ... The Big Show may be looking happy-go-lucky BUT he definitely isn’t feeling it. Inside, he will be seething over the loss he suffered against Punk last week!

MICHAEL COLE: I don’t see why, he knew he had to defend it in a second match if he won it!

Big Show steps over the top rope and salutes the crowd with a loud roar before his opponent begins to head out ...

*** THIS FIRE BURNS ***

Boos echo around the arena as the World Heavyweight Champion heads out with the title belt fastened around his waist ... Punk drops to his knees on the stage and shouts out that it is ‘clobbering time’ before heading down the ramp to the ring ...

TONY CHIMEL: His opponent ... from Chicago, Illinois, weighing 222 pounds ... he is the World Heavyweight Champion ... C. M. PUNK!

Punk enters the ring and cockily points to the title around his waist and taunts Big Show over it by signalling that he went to sleep last week on SMACKDOWN ... Show reacts angrily but Punk slides out of the ring as he tries to go after him ... With Show demanding that Punk gets back in the ring though ...

*** SLOW CHEMICAL ***

TONY CHIMEL: And finally, the special guest referee for the upcoming contest ... KANE!

Kane marches out as an eerie red light fills the arena ... The Big Red Monster has an evil look in his eyes and he looks prepared to fight rather than to referee the match. The only sign of his referee duties is the black and white shirt that he is wearing over his usual ring attire ... Kane steps over the top rope and stands face to face with the Big Show whilst he signals for the ring posts to explode with red flames and a huge explosion ...

MICHAEL COLE: Why does Kane want these two men to fight with him as the special guest referee? Kane chose this match, thanks to Teddy Long, why did he want this match? There must be a reason!

MICK FOLEY: Who knows, Cole, maybe he just wants these two to beat each other senseless so he can demand a rematch later down the line?

Kane signals for CM Punk to get back in the ring and he points at his WWE badge on his referee shirt ... Punk gets back into the ring and he hands his title belt over to the ring announcer rather than to the referee Kane ...

MICHAEL COLE: This huge match is set to start ... next!

NON-TITLE MATCH: BIG SHOW vs. CM PUNK (Special Referee: KANE)

CM Punk and Big Show are ready to fight as Kane signals that it is time for the match to begin ... The bell rings and Punk and Show lock up. Show throws CM Punk down hard in the corner and the World Champion looks a little worried as he looks back up at Show and then over to the referee, Kane ... Show is now getting in the face of Kane again and he is pointing a finger at the former champion ... Punk takes advantage and he hits several Muay Thai kicks to the legs and ribs of the World’s Largest Athlete ... Punk forces Show back into the corner and then attempts to whip Show across the ring to the opposite corner ... Show counters and it is Punk that slams back first into the turnbuckles with a crash ... Show rushes over to try and squash Punk in the corner but the champion moves at the last second and Show hits the buckles instead ... Punk rushes over and hits a high knee in the corner before attempting to take the big man down with a Bulldog ... However, he cannot drive Show down and he is thrown across the ring where he lands on his tailbone on the mat ...

Show stalks after Punk now and he grabs him by the throat ... Punk panics as Show looks to hit a chokeslam and he uses his elbow to escape from Show but it is only temporary as Show catches him coming in and lifts him up high ... It looks as if Show is going to hit a Powerbomb but he falls back and drops Punk down on his face instead ... Alley-Oop! Punk lands hard on his front and Big Show goes to make the cover ... but Kane refuses to make a count ... Big Show gets back up and demands that Kane explain himself but Kane refuses and stands staring at Show instead ... Show is angry and he swings a punch at Kane who ducks and retaliates with a punch of his own ... Show staggers and Punk hits a drop kick that sends him down to the mat ... Punk climbs the ropes and stands on top of the ropes before flying over and dropping a big elbow into the chest of Big Show ... Punk goes for the cover ...

* 1 * * 2 * * 3 *

WINNER: CM Punk (2:24)

JUSTIN ROBERTS: Here is your winner ... C. M. PUNK!

MICK FOLEY: Wait a minute, that wasn’t fair!

Kane laughs as he gets to his feet and raises the hand of CM Punk ... Big Show gets up incensed at the quick count of Kane and he goes straight after the Big Red Machine ... Kane and Big Show begin slugging it out in the centre of the ring but the World Champion CM Punk grabs his World Championship title belt ... and he helps Kane out by driving it into the back of the Big Show. Big Show drops to his knees and Punk hits a Muay Thai kick to the side of Show’s head as Kane stands by laughing ... They stand back and allow Show to get slowly to his feet before Kane locks his hand around the throat of Big Show ... a huge CHOKE SLAM! The crowd are jeering loud as CM Punk and Kane stand over the body of Big Show ... Punk and Kane are not finished yet though ... They begin to drag Show back to his feet with evil intentions clear as the WWE Universe boo with much confusion in the air ...

MICK FOLEY: What is going on? Surely Kane is just as annoyed with Punk being the World Champion as he is with Show beating him for it in the first place?

MICHAEL COLE: You know what they are doing, Mick, they are going to take out Big Show and then they’ll fight each other later ... Much better to get rid of the Giant now!

Kane holds Big Show so that he cannot defend himself as Punk lines up a shot to the face with his World Championship belt ... The crowd are desperate for Show to fight back but he isn’t showing no sign of it ...

The crowd cheer as Kofi Kingston, the man who defeated John Cena earlier tonight in a great match, heads for the ring looking fired up ... He slides into the ring and takes out CM Punk before he can strike Big Show in the face and then Big Show begins to fight back against Kane ... Kane and Big Show in one corner, Punk and Kofi Kingston in the other ... Four men brawling away ...

*** MACMILITANT ***

TEDDY LONG: Hold it there, playas ... Hold it right there!

Kane smiles as Teddy Long walks out onto the stage and he looks knowingly over at Big Show as he waits for Teddy Long to continue ... it is clear that Kane knows what Teddy Long is about to say ...

TEDDY LONG: Playas, hold it right now. Last week, Big Show defeated Kane for the World Championship. But then, he lost that title to CM Punk. According to the contracts held with the WWE, any former champion is entitled to one rematch when they lose a title. Therefore, Kane and Big Show, you both have World Championship rematches to come in the next thirty days ...

Kane nods his head but continues looking at Big Show with a knowing smile ...

TEDDY LONG: Now, Kane, you might have abducted me last week and told me what you wanted me to do ... But I am out here to let you know, Kane ... that I’m ... that I’m not going to do it!

The crowd go wild as Kane looks apoplectic with rage ... he begins shouting at Teddy Long from the ring as Long looks on nervously ...

TEDDY LONG: Kane, I am your boss and you will do what I say! If you lay one more finger on me, Kane, there is only one way that you will be heading ...

Kane is furious as he listens to what the General Manager has to say ...

TEDDY LONG: ... and that’s the exit! Holla!

The crowd erupt all around the arena as Teddy Long smiles again but Kane is staring at him menacingly from the ring ... the four men in the ring have now stopped brawling as they listen to the General Manager ...

TEDDY LONG: Now, in nine days, the WWE will be stopping in Fort Lauderdale, Florida for the Vengeance pay-per-view and as yet, SMACKDOWN doesn’t have any matches planned ... so let me go ahead and make one right now ...

CM Punk senses what is coming and he looks up expectantly ...

TEDDY LONG: CM Punk, you will be defending that World Heavyweight Championship of yours ... and seeing as both Kane and Big Show are entitled to a rematch ... we are going to have a Triple Threat match ... Big Show ... against Kane ... against the World Champion, CM Punk ...

The crowd cheer and Big Show nods his head in appreciation of the match that the General Manager just made ... However, Kane remains looking angry over the decision as it is obviously not what he had planned with Teddy Long when he dragged him off last week ... CM Punk also looks upset that his first title defence is going to be against two of the most dominant men to ever set foot in the WWE ... The camera focuses on Teddy Long’s smiling face once more as he surveys the ring. Suddenly, Long’s eyes light up a little and he gets a thoughtful look on his face before continuing ...

TEDDY LONG: In fact, playas ... to hell with it, let’s make it a Fatal Four Way and include ... Kofi Kingston!

Kofi looks shocked in the ring but Big Show high fives him over the decision whilst CM Punk starts shouting over at Teddy Long as well ... Kane exits the ring and he begins to walk up the ramp towards Teddy Long ... However, Long has now got the better of the Big Red Monster ...

TEDDY LONG: Hold it right there, Kane. Remember what I told you ... If you lay one finger on me, playa, I will fire your ass on the spot right now!

The crowd cheer again as Kane stops in his tracks and the General Manager’s music plays once more ... Teddy Long waves to the WWE Universe and exits the stage as SMACKDOWN begins to wind up ...

MICHAEL COLE: A huge announcement from Teddy Long ... at Vengeance, we will have a Fatal Four Way match for the World Heavyweight Championship ... champion CM Punk defends against the two former champions, Kane and Big Show, as well as Kofi Kingston who has been red hot of late ...

MICK FOLEY: Teddy Long has certainly stood up to Teddy Long, Cole, but will he live to regret it? What will Kane do in revenge for this decision?

MICHAEL COLE: We’ll find out next week, Mick, remember to join us on Monday Night RAW for the 2010 Slammy Awards!

SMACKDOWN closes out with CM Punk stood in the ring facing Big Show and Kofi Kingston with the World Heavyweight Championship belt held high before the camera focuses once more on a fuming Kane who looks furious with the decision of the General Manager ...

********** END OF SHOW **********

=============================

WWE VENGEANCE
The Final PPV of 2010!

*** CONFIRMED SO FAR ***

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Wade Barrett (c) vs. Kurt Angle

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP FATAL FOUR WAY MATCH
C.M. Punk (c) vs. Big Show vs. Kane vs. Kofi Kingston

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. Mark Henry

UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP TRIPLE THREAT MATCH
Daniel Bryan (c) vs. Justin Gabriel vs. Ted DiBiase

JOIN US LIVE AT VENGEANCE
Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Last edited by GCB; 08-15-2011 at 04:04 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome