Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Being The Booker

View Single Post

Old 08-15-2011, 09:57 AM   #3058 (permalink)
Wolf Beast
IT'S YERSEL!!

Wolf Beast has posts worth readingWolf Beast has posts worth readingWolf Beast has posts worth readingWolf Beast has posts worth readingWolf Beast has posts worth readingWolf Beast has posts worth readingWolf Beast has posts worth readingWolf Beast has posts worth readingWolf Beast has posts worth readingWolf Beast has posts worth readingWolf Beast has posts worth reading
Default Re: Being The Booker

Friday Night Smackdown | July 13 2007 | Wilkes-Barre PA

~ LAST SUNDAY ~

A brief highlights package {still images with commentary} airs from THE GREAT AMERICAN BASH, focusing on the BURIED ALIVE MATCH.

From the eerie entrance of The Undertaker, to the brutal exchanges in the early going, the video tells the story of the match, before getting towards the finish with the action spilling to the gravesite, with both men coming close to being buried alive … before the sickening TOMBSTONE … followed by a CHOKESLAM INTO THE GRAVE from Taker to JBL … and the scary ending, with the druids filling the grave, before typical Undertaker tricks, filling the grave with the dirt held in the JCB.

What then follows is the graphic “OFF THE AIR” as footage plays, with medics desperately trying to get the dirt out, and rescue JBL … and the clips rush forward to when the grave is sufficiently emptied, and JBL is tended to, with a lot of shocked faces in the remaining members of the crowd and at the gravesite, as JBL is removed, and placed onto a stretcher, with scary scenes of drips already being attached and the self made millionaire being loaded into the ambulance.

Cut to Eric Bischoff’s office, where the interim GM is sat at his desk.

Eric Bischoff: Good evening ladies and gentlemen. As you have just witnessed, this past Sunday at the Smackdown exclusive Pay Per View event; Great American Bash, John ‘Bradshaw’ Layfield was buried … alive.

Some sick fucks cheer in the background.

Eric Bischoff: And if you missed the announcement this past Monday on Raw, I have the unfortunate responsibility to inform you, the Smackdown audience, that as a result of the injuries Mr. Layfield has suffered from being buried alive … Mr. Layfield has been forced to announce his retirement from wrestling - effective immediately.

Again, the sicko’s cheer.

Eric Bischoff: At this time, on behalf of the WWE, I would like to thank the paramedics on stand by this past Sunday in Philadelphia for their incredibly quick work which undoubtedly saved Mr. Layfields life, and the staff at Hahnemann University Hospital for their round the clock care they have provided over this past week. As I understand, Mr. Layfields estate have arranged for him to be flown into his home of New York City, later this evening, where his treatment and recovery will be continue to be monitored by his own personal physicians.

Bischoff pauses.

Eric Bischoff: Once again, on behalf of the WWE, I would like to thank Mr. Layfield for his incredible contribution to this organisation over the past decade. His efforts will not be forgotten, and we wish him all the very best in his recovery, and of course, in all his future endeavours. John ‘Bradshaw’ Layfield; thank you.

Bischoff smiles, as we fade out…

Opening Video

Pyro

Joey Styles: Shockwaves have ran right through the WWE this past week, and most notably here on Smackdown, where you could be forgiven for thinking a new era is now upon us. Two long time WWE stalwarts have departed the company for very different reasons …

Styles pauses, as the camera pans around the arena, to the announce position where Joey Styles looks across to the seat next to him … and the camera reveals …

PAUL HEYMAN???

Heyman sits back, hands behind his head, smug as ever, before leaning forward pointing to himself, looking at the camera, as if to say ‘me??’

Paul Heyman: If you’re confused watching at home - don’t adjust your sets. It appears the WWE decided to make me earn my pay check, rather than pay me to sit at home. Allow me to bring you up to speed if you don’t follow the internet. It’s well known that Tazz - the man that formerly occupied this seat - requested his release from his contract early. His last night was Sunday. The “plan” was for Michael Cole to take his place back alongside Mr. Styles effective tonight … but Mister Cole (makes gun gesture with his fingers) shot himself in the foot in an interview with one of the dirt sheets last week, and he is now licking his wounds with a demotion to “head of WWE.COM”. The brass didn’t trust Jerry Lawler for this seat because he’s past it, and The Coach is too *cough* valuable an asset to Raw, so who do they turn to??

Heyman - smugly - points to himself.

Paul Heyman: So, you people at home are the winners. I’m more handsome than those other options, and you don’t have to listen to Michael Cole, or hear Jerry Lawler exclaim ‘Puppies’, or put up with The Coach and his in depth knowledge. Instead, you’ll get analysis from a guy that knows what he’s talking about, and I’ll even throw in a few one liners; better than what the almighty Coach can anyway. As a result of Tazz not wanting to travel around the world for six weeks, and Michael Coles ego, yours truly gets to travel all around the globe for the next month and a half - AND - I’m getting paid for it. Sure, it’s a step down from being a mighty General Manager, and I’m technically working under Eric Bischoff for a few months, but I love the sound of my own voice, and with two hours a week to put my opinions across, my producers life is about to become a nightmare.

Heyman turns to Styles, patting his broadcast partner on the arm.

Paul Heyman: I imagine they’ll edit most of that out.

Joey Styles: Well Paul, it’s great to have you with me to call the action. And you couldn’t have chosen a better time to join the announce team on Smackdown. Off the back of the incredible Great American Bash-

**VOICES**

Randy Orton’s music cuts off Styles, and the WWE Champion slowly enters the arena to vociferous heat from the fans.

Joey Styles: By the skin of his teeth, Randy Orton survived a pretty one sided beating from Brock Lesnar at the Great American Bash to retain the WWE Title, all thanks to the cunning of the Cerebral Assassin, who struck with his sledgehammer again to cost the Iron Man his fifth WWE Title.

Paul Heyman: Out of anyone in this business, NO-ONE knows Brock Lesnar like I know Brock Lesnar. Flat out Joey, I have no shame in admitting it; I’m Brock Lesnars biggest fan. But he made a fatal mistake on Sunday. He thought with the New Wave disbanded, Orton would be easy pickings. He assumed Triple H wouldn’t involve himself like he did at Judgment Day. Bad move Brock. He should’ve smelt a rat the minute a group - A GROUP - of fans tried to storm the ring.

Joey Styles: Indeed, it was a rather sublime plan crafted by Triple H to take out Brock Lesnar, but the question is, what kind of reaction will we see from Lesnar tonight?? How much longer can Triple H get away with costing Brock Lesnar the WWE Championship??

Paul Heyman: To answer your first question, Joe - expect a reaction on the level of a tornado. Any man that gets on the wrong side of Brock tonight may live to regret it.

Orton enters the ring, and waits for the music to die down, before clearing his throat to speak.

Randy Orton: First of all, let me state categorically that I DID NOT have any involvement in Triple H’s actions this past Sunday in my WWE Championship match against Brock Lesnar.

The fans don’t quite buy it, with some heckling ‘BULLSHIT’ at the champion.

Randy Orton: The fact of the matter is that I am STILL the WWE Champion.

Heat.

Randy Orton: Now, as far as I’m concerned, the matter is closed. I beat Brock Lesnar. Any issue he has with how it happened, he can seek out Triple H himself, or discuss it with Eric Bischoff. Because I’m not here to talk about Brock Lesnar, or Triple H … I want to address two men who stabbed me in the back last week.

Cheer from the fans.

Randy Orton: I pulled Garrison Cade and Ken Doane out of the gutter nine months ago along with Nick Dinsmore. I gave the three of them a platform to build on, and an opportunity to make names for themselves. Apparently, they prefer life in the gutter. Because for nine months, I carried those three on my back-

Heat.

Randy Orton: I carried them, and gave them everything. In return, they gave me nothing. I won the WWE Championship without them at WrestleMania. I’ve retained it, time after time without them. And now that they’ve decided to go out alone, I will keep it … without them. I’ve proven over the last three months that I don’t need them. But gentlemen, last week I was embarrassed and humiliated. And I don’t forget that kind of thing.

Orton pauses.

Randy Orton: And after watching Ken Doane show up on Raw this past Monday - begging - to move there from Smackdown, he obviously learned that himself. I suggest if you do get that move to Raw, you bring that big lump Cade with you.

Heat.

Randy Orton: Because the next time I cross paths with the two of you … don’t expect to have the option of walking away from me again.

Close up on Orton.

Randy Orton: No one makes a fool out of me and gets away with it.

**STAY IN SHADOW**

Ortons eyebrows narrow, as the music of the U.S Champion fills the arena, bringing a huge cheer from the fans, and Paul London walks out onto the stage, carrying a mic. Orton stands at the ropes, looking angrily towards London, who waits for his music to stop before speaking, taking a peculiar look at the mic, before putting it toward his mouth.

Paul London: Sorry guys, I don’t normally do this stuff … but Randy, this was an opportunity I couldn’t turn down. See, I’m more of a “I‘ll do my talking in the ring” kinda guy?? Annnnd … after listening to you for the last couple of minutes - that felt like hours by the way - I’d suggest you do the same.

Big cheer for the ballsy United States Champion. In the ring, Orton is less amused, and glances at the title belt over his shoulder.

Randy Orton: Funny. You kn-

Paul London: I’m not done, Randy.

Orton cocks an eyebrow, as London shifts his facial expression to something more serious.

Paul London: Yeah, that was just the warm up. As a matter of fact, I’ve got quite a lot to say to you right now - a lot that I’ve been saving for quite some time.

Orton smirks.

Randy Orton: Don’t bother, Paul. I remember a few months ago after I punted your buddy Rob Van Dam … you tried to confront me … (Orton speaks rather slowly, trying to recollect the conversation) and warn me about the entire locker room wanting revenge … and something about you wanting to be the one to get it?? Yet, here I am, nearly four months later-

London cuts in.

Paul London: Glad you remember, Randy. Saves me the time of saying it all over again.

Cheer again for London, with Orton getting agitated in the ring.

Paul London: And it’s nice to see you gloss over what you’ve done to RVD, and instead drone on about Doane and Cade abandoning you last week … making yourself out to be some kind of victim?? After all you’ve done?? Please. You’ve got some nerve, Orton. For a guy that kicked the heads off not just RVD and Chris Jericho, but his own friend Nick Dinsmore - not to mention how you drove Ric Flair into retirement … I think what happened to you last week was simply karma.

Pop.

Paul London: Frankly, I think it’s about time that karma bit you on the ass, and last week was hopefully just the beginning.

Orton chuckles in the ring, whilst London looks less than impressed at the reaction of the champion.

Randy Orton: That’s all well and good Paul … but I don’t happen to see anyone around here willing to provide that karma.

Now, it’s Londons turn to smile.

Paul London: That’s where I come in.

Orton reacts as if the answer was a joke.

Randy Orton: YOU!!??

Paul London: Yeah, me.

Randy Orton: Listen London … forget it. I don’t like you as it is. The fact you seem to have some kind of obsession with me, and getting revenge for your buddy Van Dam - it really bugs me. If you were to step into this ring with me, one on one?? You wouldn’t survive.

London thinks it over for a second.

Paul London: I’m willing to take the risk.

Pop.

Randy Orton: You’ve got a lot of guts London. It’s a shame you don’t have the brains to match. Either that … or you really miss RVD and you want a bed next to him.

‘OOOH’ from the fans.

Paul London: Hey, if that were to happen?? At least I wouldn’t have to listen to you speak week after week on Smackdown.

Few laughs / cheers from the fans. Orton shakes his head though.

Randy Orton: That’s good. Let’s see how much you joke about it when it becomes a reality.

London nods, as if to say ‘well, let’s do it’

Paul London: Do you w-

**I‘M BACK**

Eric Bischoff briskly walks onto the stage, alongside Paul London, with his music cutting off quickly, allowing the GM to get straight to business.

Eric Bischoff: Let’s cut to the chase here gentlemen. You both want the match?? You got it … TONIGHT!!!

Big pop from the fans.

Eric Bischoff: As a matter of fact, this is a match I’ve wanted to put together ever since I got my hands on this show. Anyone that knows me and my history, knows how much I respect the cruiserweights in wrestling. And Paul, let me tell you this, you are without a shadow of a doubt, one of - if not, THE - best cruiserweight I’ve ever laid eyes on.

Over exaggeration. Some fans boo the ‘putting over’ by Easy E.

Eric Bischoff: I know getting a compliment from someone like me mightn’t do you too many favours with the fans Paul, but I don’t care; if I could handpick one talent to jump from this show to mine, it’d be you. You’re fast, furious, exciting, ballsy, and you can go with the best of ‘em.

London nods, unsure of how to react to the words of Bischoff.

Eric Bischoff: And as for you Randy?? Well, quite frankly, you’ve proven yourself … as the most fortunate champion in the WWE.

Orton looks furious at the comment, having expected some kind of compliment instead.

Eric Bischoff: Twice now, Triple H has been instrumental in you keeping hold of that WWE Title. And after the events of this past Sunday, I think the fans deserve some kind of refund for the way you escaped with that title belt. And, seeing as tonight is the last show in the United States for six weeks … how about tonight you face Paul London … WITH THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP ON THE LINE!!!

Big pop from the fans, and London nods excitedly. In the ring, Orton bows his head, unable to comprehend what he’s hearing.

Eric Bischoff: After all, you made it sound like Paul London shouldn’t be a problem to deal with, so what’s the issue??

Bischoff smirks, whilst Orton remains livid. London shrugs toward Orton at the question from Eric, before Bischoff wraps up proceedings.

Eric Bischoff: So … it’s official. Tonight, Randy Orton will defend the WWE Championship against Paul London!!!

**I‘M BACK**

Bischoff strides away from the stage, leaving London and Orton to stare up and down the aisle at one another, as we head to a commercial break…

Commercial Break

**VIDEO PACKAGE**

~ CELEBRATING TWENTY YEARS OF SUMMERSLAM ~

THE ROCK STRIKES A HUGE BLOW TO THE ALLIANCE, BREATHING LIFE INTO THE WW(F)E ON HIS RETURN TO PPV, DEFEATING BOOKER T AND BECOMING WCW CHAMPION

WWE SUMMERSLAM | AUGUST 19 2007 | LONDON, ENGLAND
WEMBLEY STADIUM
ONLY ON PAY PER VIEW

We return with ELIX SKIPPER already on his way to the ring.

Joey Styles: We are back, and Paul, how huge is this; the WWE Championship will be defended - TONIGHT!! The United States Champion Paul London will challenge Randy Orton, is London ready??

Paul Heyman: Oh, trust me, that kid is ready. Paul London has been climbing for years, and he IS ready for the step up. But- just because he’s ready doesn’t mean he will. It’ll take a superhuman effort to upend Randy Orton tonight.

Joey Styles: We’ll discuss that match a lot more as the night goes on, but we have a tremendous line up in addition to that match. Kofi Kingston, who made a scintillating debut on Sunday - even in a losing effort with Carlito - faces the daunting task of facing Brent Albright, the 2007 King of the Ring, AND, just five days after missing out on becoming a dual champion, The Brian Kendrick is back in action, teaming with Deuce and Domino to take on Jamie Noble and Los Latinos in six man action!!

Paul Heyman: To steal a phrase from my predecessor; we’ve got a real couple of “rocketbusters” to look forward too.

Joey Styles: And in the ring right now, an issue that has developed from Superstars will spill over to Friday Night Smackdown. Elix Skipper debuted a month ago, and after scoring a win over the up and coming Evan Bourne, the youngster had been determined to earn a rematch, and it had appeared that Skipper wanted to take Bourne under his wing, but Bourne didn’t quite agree with the veterans “principles”, and as a result, the rematch happens tonight.

**BOURNE TO WIN**

Evan Bourne enters to a fairly muted cheer.

Paul Heyman: Well credit to Bourne for sticking to his own morals. Elix Skipper has been around - and then some - he knows what how to be successful, and unfortunately for Bourne, he’s still a little bit too naďve to appreciate it. Mark my words though, young Evan here - as talented as he is - will one day live to regret not listening to the sage advice of Skipper.

Match 1:
Elix Skipper vs. Evan Bourne
The two pick up from where they left off from their first meeting on Superstars a few weeks ago, with Skipper too clever for Evan in the early stages, using some of his well known ‘experience’ to leverage himself into the advantage. Bourne though, continually causes the veteran plenty of problems with his speed, dazzling the fans after throwing Skipper out of the ring, following up with a CORKSCREW PLANCHA TO THE VETERAN!!!!! Bourne takes Skipper back in, but the older man rolls right into the ropes; again showing his intelligence.

Still, it’s Bourne that is in the ascendancy, and has Elix dizzy at one point with a succession of cradles and roll ups, forcing Skipper to be on high alert, kicking out at two numerous times, before finally regaining control, catching the incoming Bourne from the ropes, and delivering a back breaker. Skipper then really goes to work on Bourne, focusing on the back, all eventually leading to his variation of the Octopus Stretch … putting Bourne in serious danger … but the youngster refuses to tap, and with enough struggling in the submission, Evan forces Elix to lose his grip, and Bourne escapes!!!

Skipper then rushes in, trying to keep on top of Bourne … BUT EVAN RATTLES HIM WITH A DROPKICK … and follows up with a running high knee into the corner!!! Skipper looks to be on dream street, staggering out of the corner, and Evan strikes again, delivering a scintillating hurricanrana … setting Elix in perfect position for AIR BOURNE!!! Bourne doesn’t waste a second, and climbs the ropes, setting himself up … BUT SKIPPER KICKS THE REFEREE INTO THE ROPES … AND BOURNE CROTCHES THE TOP TURNBUCKLE!!!!!

Once again, the veteran uses his ring smarts, and pleads innocence with the official as he gets to his feet. He drags the kid up, hoisting him in the air for a delayed suplex, mouthing at the fans … BUT IT BACKFIRES … AS BOURNE COUNTERS INTO A DDT!!! The veteran makes a HUGE error in judgment, and it could cost him, as the youngster quickly climbs to the top rope again … AND FLIES WITH AIR BOURNE … AND LANDS!!! Bourne covers, 1...2...3!!!
Winner: Evan Bourne @ 08:14

Joey Styles: WOW!! What an incredible performance from one of the brightest and fastest rising wrestlers in the Cruiserweight division!!!

Paul Heyman: Helluva win for the kid, but what was Elix Skipper thinking?? He had ‘im right where he wanted ‘im, and he showboated!!!

Joey Styles: I believe the veteran overlooked the grit and tenacity of the younger man tonight, Paul.

Paul Heyman: Elix Skipper will be kicking himself tonight. So much for all that experience!!

Joey Styles: But Paul, lets not take anything away from Evan Bourne. He’s been causing waves around the WWE on Superstars, but tonight, he has announced his true arrival on Smackdown with a performance that people wont forget in a hurry. Evan Bourne is a name you’ll be seeing a lot more of on Smackdown from this point forward if you ask me.

Paul Heyman: Yeah, but don’t think you’ve seen the last of Elix Skipper either. It’s one to one now. I think we’ll need to see a rubber match down the line.

Bourne celebrates his win with loads of enthusiasm, and his beaming smile is obvious to see, whilst Elix Skipper is helped out of the ring, trying to shake the cobwebs loose and realise he’s just been beaten by the relative rookie.

Joey Styles: Evan Bourne has most certainly announced himself on the big stage tonight, and another man that intends to announce his arrival will be Nick Nemeth. Over the past month, we’ve seen a variety of promotional features for the youngster, and next week, we believe he will make his official in ring debut on Friday Night Smackdown.

Paul Heyman: And Joey, I’ve been doing my homework on this young man. Sure, he’s very conceited, very narcissistic, very shallow, but what those videos don’t tell you is that Nick Nemeth is an accomplished collegiate wrestler with Kent State - he holds the school record in St. Edward High, down in Ohio for most pins in a career. This kid’s no slouch in the ring.

Joey Styles: Certainly an interesting nugget of information, as for the most part, we have only been privy to Mr. Nemeths extravagant lifestyle. But, a little later tonight, I believe there will be one more promotional video for the newcomer, and in that, I’m told he will touch on his amateur career. BUT- coming up next, Kofi Kingston will make his Smackdown debut, his first singles match, and what a task he faces; a meeting with the King of the Ring himself, Brent Albright. We’ll be right back!!

Commercial Break

A brief video package airs of highlights from the Great American Bash where Kofi Kingston was revealed as Carlitos tag team partner.

And, as a result, we see highlights of the newcomer in action, with plenty of soundbites from Styles and Tazz on the night, putting over the exciting new talent, with the video showcasing Kingstons best bits from the match

It does end though with the finish to the match, where Albright scores the submission from Carlito

Back into the arena…

**COOL**

Entering with Carlito to The Cool Ones music, Kofi is greeted with a decent reaction, and shows his energy and excitement with a bouncy entrance, slapping hands with fans, smiling broadly, as Carlito follows, endorsing his friend from the Caribbean.

Joey Styles: Paul, you are in for a treat here. Despite the unfortunate result, Kofi Kingston made a real impact with his debut on Sunday night. The question is though, can that carry over to singles competition tonight??

Paul Heyman: He’s really jumping in at the deep end, Joey. Brent Albright is right at the top of the food chain on Smackdown right now, and this is a huge jump for Kingston, who just a few weeks ago was competing on beaches in Jamaica. I do admire his balls for wanting this match though.

**MEET YOUR MASTER**

It’s the usual heat for Brent Albright, as he strides onto the stage with Charlie Haas, cranking his neck from side to side as he loosens up.

Paul Heyman: Now THIS GUY excites me, Joey. Brent Albright made a name for himself with a big run holding the United States Championship, but he got EVERYONES attention by winning the King of the Ring. THAT was a star making night if ever I saw one, and Albright deserves a huge round of applause for taking the bull by the horns, and making it happen himself. He cant be ignored anymore, Joey.

Joey Styles: I don’t recall ever ignoring him, Paul. Albright and Haas are two of the most talented ring technicians in the entire WWE, and their efforts are being recognized and respected.

Paul Heyman: Not enough.

Match 2:
Kofi Kingston w/Carlito vs. Brent Albright w/Charlie Haas
Kingston again starts like a house on fire, catching Brent with a plethora of arm drags in the early going, and stops the KOTR from rolling out of the ring to catch a breath, before scoring with a spinning running elbow, and covers, 1...2...KICK OUT!! Kofi, despite his hot start, cant keep it up, and Albright reverses a whip into the corner, then catches Kingston with a deep knee to the gut as the Jamaican Sensation rushes back out at him, taking over.

Albright tries to punish the newcomer, trying to break his will with a methodical beating on the canvas, whilst Haas applauds the mat-work, and Carlito shouts some words of encouragement to his friend. Albright though makes a mistake, bringing the rookie back to his feet, and throws him off the ropes … but Kingston holds onto the ropes, forcing Albright to come at him, and when he does, Kofi gets his feet up, kicking Brent in the face, then performs a sunset flip, 1...2...KICK OUT!!!

Angered, the KOTR shoots up, but he’s not quick enough, and Kofi strikes first, landing with a succession of chops and punches, backing Brent into the corner, then fires him across the ring, but Albright reverses, only for Kofi to jump onto the middle buckle, and springs back with a cross body!!! Kofi takes over, scoring a couple of near falls, before getting the fans rowdy by delivering the BOOM DROP!!! Kofi looks set to follow up … but Albright rolls out of the ring to safety, getting the fans angered, and Kofi too … BUT KOFI DIVES TO THE OUTSIDE ONTO BOTH ALBRIGHT AND HAAS!!! The fans cheer loudly, with three men down on the outside, as we cut to a commercial.

Commercial Break

And, the show returns, but with Albright back in the driving seat. Highlights play from during the commercial, where Kingston threw Brent back into the ring, then looked to spring off the ropes back in on the KOTR, only for Haas to sweep the legs - with the referee somehow missing it - and Kingston toppled to the canvas in a heap. Carlito then nearly got into a brawl with Haas, but Charlie managed to keep his distance, raising the ire of the hot tempered Puerto Rican.

Albright continues to dominate Kofi, testing the newcomers resolve with a number of holds and locks. Kingston tries valiantly to battle to his feet, but has the momentum cut off quickly with Albright catching the Jamaican with a release Belly to Belly for a near fall, and follows up going for THE CROWBAR … BUT KOFI SLIPS OUT OF HIS GRASP … AND BEGINS TO FIGHT BACK!!! Kofi ducks a clothesline, AND SCORES WITH THE S.O.S!!! He covers, 1...2...SHOULDER UP!!!

With the King of the Ring dazed, Kofi senses his big opportunity, and seems to be setting himself up … AND LOOKS FOR THE SPINNING ROUNDHOUSE KICK … BUT ALBRIGHT DUCKS IT … and grabs Kingston … HALF NELSON SUPLEX - RIGHT ON HIS HEAD!!! Albright covers, 1...2...KOFI KICKS OUT!!! Brent is furious, pounding the mat, but thanks to the calming influence of Haas on the outside, Albright keeps cool. The King of the Ring drags Kofi back up now, making sure to bad mouth Carlito, who is ready to snap on the outside … before Albright gets Kofi up … AND DRILLS HIM WITH THE SAMOAN DROP DRIVER (which Styles refers to as the Ace in the Hole) quickly hooking the leg … 1...2...3!!!
Winner: Brent Albright @ 10:39

Albright wins it, but after having his arm raised … HE DROPS DOWN AND APPLIES THE CROWBAR TO HIS FALLEN OPPONENT!!!

Joey Styles: What the hell is that for!!!

Paul Heyman: It’s called tough love, Joey.

Carlito slides inside, looking to stop the submission, but Charlie Haas attacks The Cool One stopping him from breaking it up.

Joey Styles: COME ON!!! THAT’S ENOUGH!!!

Carlito fights back at Haas, rocking Charlie into the ropes, then sends him out, before jumping on Albright, finally breaking the Crowbar. Carlito unloads on Albright who tries to cover up as he gets to his feet, but the fired up CCC wont be denied, and he hooks his dazed rival up; DRILLING HIM WITH THE APPLE CORE!!!

Immediately, Haas drags his partner out of the ring by his legs, whilst Carlito tends to his friend on the canvas, with Kofi selling his arm.

Joey Styles: There was simply no need for that Paul. Brent Albright won the match, he could’ve broke Kingstons arm!!

Paul Heyman: Yeah, well maybe now Kofi Kingston wont waste Albrights time. He might be somethin someday, but right now, he shouldn’t be mixing with the big boys.

Joey Styles: I couldn’t disagree more. Kofi Kingston gave a helluva showing here, he only just came up short, and for a debut match on Smackdown, that’s about as good as I can recall.

Paul Heyman: You must have a fuzzy memory, Joe.

Carlito helps Kingston to his feet, and the duo look menacingly up the aisle at Haas and Albright who hobble to the back, having come up second best in the aftermath of the match.

Joey Styles: I know one thing, this issue between the Master Craftsmen and Carlito and Kingston wont end here.

Paul Heyman: Why not?? Albright and Haas won on Sunday, Albright won tonight, AND he won at the King of the Ring. That’s what happens when any two of these four get put together. The Master Craftsmen win, Carlito and Kofi don’t.

Backstage, we see EDGE, dressed casually tonight with a t-shirt and leather jacket, walking through the hallway - stopping at the General Managers office. He takes a deep breath, then knocks the door, not waiting for a response, and instead opens the door, walking straight in.

Eric is sat watching a television - a DVD of WrestleMania 23 - which just happens to be showing the aftermath of the triple threat match for the WWE Championship, with the beaten Edge spearing RVD. Edge sees the footage, and rolls his eyes, before speaking up.

Edge: You uh … must be real busy.

Bischoff sighs, and finally looks around at Edge, pausing the DVD.

Eric Bischoff: I know why you’re here Edge. It’s about this title match you believe you have a God given right to, correct??

Edge tilts his head, running his tongue around his cheek, not enamoured with Eric’s wording.

Edge: Not- Not a God given right, Eric. But yeah, I beat Batista on Sunday. I’m the-

Eric Bischoff: Don’t be thinking that little issue has been resolved by the way. I had to have Batista physically removed from this office earlier today. He’s still baying for your blood.

Edge: Quit dodging the subject Eric. Forget that shaved ape. I’m best guy you’ve got and you know it. I mean, Paul London?? You’re trying to tell me that Paul London is better than me??

Bischoff, rather matter of factly, nods.

Edge: OH- COME ON!!! Eric, I’m twice the guy Paul London is.

Eric Bischoff: He hasn’t blown opportunity after opportunity, let’s put it that way. You held the Money in the Bank briefcase for an entire year, and you couldn’t decide when to cash it in. You blew the best chance you’ll ever have at winning the big one. You choked at WrestleMania … and then Randy Orton showed you how to cash in successfully.

Edge pulls a face, looking furious.

Eric Bischoff: You had a one on one shot at Orton in April, you got another crack at Judgment Day too … and you lost two- TWO Number One Contenders matches in three weeks. Face it Edge … you’re a choke artist.

Edge snaps back.

Edge: I’m not a choke artist Eric.

Bischoff shows a look of confusion.

Eric Bischoff: Okay. Ten years you’ve been in this company … ZERO world titles. Your biggest achievement was winning the King of the Ring … in 2001. That was six years ago. If you were ever going to be a world champion … it would’ve happened by now. Sure, you’ve notched up plenty of tag team titles … and for the majority of them, you were partnered up with Christian. Whatever happened to him, huh??

Eric leaves the question out there, as Edge looks away, getting frustrated.

Eric Bischoff: Oh- that’s right … he’s over on Monday Night Raw, holding the World Heavyweight Championship … headlining WrestleManias, Summerslams, winning big matches when it counts. I guess it’s safe to say which one of you really was the star of the team.

Edge shoots Eric a glare, ready to snap.

Edge: What are you saying, Eric?? I’ll never get another shot??

Bischoff scoffs.

Eric Bischoff: What do I know?? I’m only here for another couple of months before Arn Anderson returns. But I doubt he’ll think any different to me. Personally speaking?? I think you ought to accept the fact you’ll never be a World Champion.

Edge slams his fists on the table, leaning over, getting into the face of the GM, then speaks through gritted teeth.

Edge: You’re WRONG!!! Wrong Eric. I WILL be WWE Champion, and whether it’s you or Anderson or whoever in charge … I’ll make it IMPOSSIBLE to be ignored.

Bischoff sits back, slightly intimidated, as Edge just leans over the table for a few more seconds, before standing up. Edge glares at the GM again, before turning and leaving - SLAMMING the door.

Commercial Break

VIDEO PACKAGE

The scene opens with Nick Nemeth standing, looking into a mirror … but, as the camera pans out … it reveals the room is FULL of mirrors.

Nick Nemeth: This is my favourite view in the entire world.

Nemeth touches his face, looking up close in the mirror.

Nick Nemeth: Skin is as smooth as silk, not one hair is out of place, teeth perfectly aligned, and my eyes are as dazzling as the stars.

The Narcissist steps back, and strikes a pose, showing off his biceps.

Nick Nemeth: I understand I was fortunate not to be weighed down with protruding ears, or a disgustingly massive nose. But I’ve had to work hard to look this good. If I didn’t, I wouldn’t be half the man I am today … I’d be like one of you.

He opens the door to the room (also a mirror) and steps out, walking down his hallway, pointing the camera into the direction of the wall, which showcases trophies, medals and certificates from his amateur career.

Nick Nemeth: You maybe think it’s all good looks, and a perfectly sculpted body. But like I said; I’ve worked hard in life … I’m simply reaping the rewards now, and having fun while I do it.

Nemeth stops, standing over his balcony at the top of the stairs, with another camera picking him up from downstairs.

Nick Nemeth: The time and effort has clearly paid off for me. Look where you are in life … look at where I’m heading.

Nemeth smiles, as the picture fades…

- ‘THE NARCISSIST’ NICK NEMETH -
~ COMING TO FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN ~
!! NEXT WEEK !!

Back in the arena, we see HARDCORE HOLLY in the ring, waiting for his opponent…

**I‘M COMIN**

Bursting through his set, MVP is welcomed with boos, but the highest paid superstar on Smackdown brushes off the abuse, striding towards the ring.

Joey Styles: Montel Vontavious Porter has really got himself rolling again after being derailed by Carlito last month. He picked up a huge win this past Sunday at the Great American Bash, defeating Finlay in Finlays own environment; a Belfast Brawl. A real eye opening win for MVP on Sunday.

Paul Heyman: Sit up and take notice. MVP has the make up to make it far. And any man that can weasel THAT kind of money out of Vincent Kennedy McMahon is worthy of a thumbs up from me.

Joey Styles: And as you can see, Hardcore Holly will provide the competition for MVP tonight.

Paul Heyman: Stiff competition Joe, in every sense of the word with tough as nails Bob Holly. They sure don’t get any easier for this kid.

Match 3:
Hardcore Holly vs. M.V.P
Holly gives it to Porter right away, overpowering him, and letting loose with his notorious chops, but MVP digs deep, and fights back, taking over with an overhead release Belly to Belly, following up with the DRIVE BY KICK!!! That only gets him a two, but the momentum has clearly shifted. MVP pours on the offence, but cant put the tough veteran away.

The opening arises, and Holly starts to mount a comeback, but not for long, as MVP catches him with a face breaker knee smash!!! Again, that only scores a two, but Holly is easy pickings now, and Porter finishes the veteran off with the PLAY OF THE DAY!!! He makes the elementary cover, 1...2...3!!!
Winner: M.V.P @ 04:07

Joey Styles: MVP continues to roll with momentum building, week on week!! ANOTHER tough opponent pushed aside, and in impressive fashion.

Paul Heyman: I admire that mans grit, Joey Styles. MVP has turned himself around after the crushing loss in the King of the Ring to his hated rival, Carlito. Many guys would just fold their tent on the back of that kind of defeat. Not Montel Vontavious Porter. Kudos to MVP. Any man that can make quick work out of a guy like Hardcore Holly deserves all the praise in the world.

Joey Styles: Well it has been quite the turnaround, and you have to wonder just what is next on that mans agenda??

Commercial Break

We return, backstage, to see a rather downbeat (The) Brian Kendrick, staring into his Cruiserweight Championship belt.

Voice: Uhh, Brian??

Kendrick looks around, seeing Josh Mathews, and quickly stands up tall, clearing his throat, nodding at the announcer, whilst running his fingers through his hair.

Josh Mathews: I was uh, just hoping to get your thoughts, five days after falling short in your attempt to win the United States Championship ag-

Kendrick stops Mathews.

The Brian Kendrick: Did you think I cost myself that match Josh??

Mathews looks stumped, unsure of how to answer.

The Brian Kendrick: That’s all I’ve been hearing Josh. I cost myself the United States Championship. That’s what the girls told me at the after party. That’s what my homies kept saying all week long.

Mathews slowly brings the mic to his mouth to interject.

Josh Mathews: Are you trying to say you’ll change your attitude in the ring in f-

Kendrick looks taken aback by the suggestion.

The Brian Kendrick: Uh- no. Didn’t you hear me Josh?? Paul London didn’t beat me on Sunday - I beat myself.

TBK gives Josh a playful slap.

The Brian Kendrick: I proved to the world that I’m better than Paul London. I’m the star of the show. I’m so good, I can beat myself!!

Mathews looks extremely confused, but Kendrick continues before he can say anything.

The Brian Kendrick: And I was really confused earlier too. See, I went to Eric Bischoff, and I told him; “Hey Eric. How‘s about a rematch with Paul London??” And would you believe it when he looked me in the eye and said; “No rematch.”

Kendrick shakes his head in disbelief.

The Brian Kendrick: But then I saw what Eric said to London earlier. I don’t know about you Josh, but I honestly thought the guy was talking about me when he was paying all those compliments. After all, I AM the WWE Cruiserweight Champ.

He holds up his championship.

The Brian Kendrick: It’s obviously obvious to everyone that saw it, because everyone is telling me; “You cost yourself the U.S Title man!!” It’s common knowledge that I can beat Paul London. You said it yourself

Mathews is heard asking “I did??” whilst Kendrick rambles on.

The Brian Kendrick: For some reason, Eric Bischoff is protecting Princess London, and he wont give me the opportunity to hold double gold. How unfair is that?? But don’t worry, there WILL be a next time, and next time, I WILL be taking that U.S Title.

Voice: But if y’do … it’ll be without that Cruiserweight title boy.

Jamie Noble steps into view, with Kendrick stepping back.

Jamie Noble: I aint goin anywhere Brian. Y’can have all the fancy little dreams y’want, but you need to start facing up to the fact that there is a long list of boys in the back that are lining up for a crack at that Cruiserweight belt.

Noble steps into Kendricks personal space, with TBK trying to look disgusted, turning up his nose, trying to give off that Noble has a stench.

Jamie Noble: An’ I’m at the top of the list.

Mathews looks stumped, unsure of how to answer.

Jamie Noble: It’s about time y’got yurr head outta the clouds boy, because if you aint careful, yurr not gonna be dreaming of double gold … yurr gonna have NO gold.

Noble nods, having sent his message, and walks on, leaving Kendrick to chew on those words as we fade away…

And elsewhere, we see BROCK LESNAR - and he doesn’t look happy. The Iron Man appears to be walking with a purpose, as Joey Styles proclaims that Lesnar is making his way to the ring - NEXT!!

Commercial Break

We return, and instantly hear…

**HERE COMES THE PAIN**

A massive cheer greets the Iron Man, with Brock Lesnar wasting no time making his way to the ring, dressed in his training gear; jogging bottoms, trainers, with one of his own t-shirts on (minus the sleeves).

Joey Styles: He has the look of a bear with a sore tooth. Brock Lesnar is NOT a happy man.

Paul Heyman: And he has no right to be either. He missed out on a fifth WWE Championship on Sunday, and it was because of a factor that HE overlooked. The title was there, but Brock took his eye off the ball, and he probably knows it too.

Joey Styles: I imagine at some point here, Brock Lesnar might just mention a certain Triple H.

Paul Heyman: I’ll have a wager on that too, thanks.

Lesnar snatches a mic from Tony Chimmel, and paces back and forth, waiting for the music to stop, and once it does, he continues to walk around the ring, still doing so when he begins to speak.

{/SECOND HOUR}

Brock Lesnar: Screw me once?? Shame on you. Screw me twice?? Shame on me. I should’ve expected Triple H to get involved on Sunday, and I didn’t. That’s my fault. But Triple H?? I expected you to have some balls, and at least try and take me out face to face.

He finally stops pacing around like a madman, and stands firm in the middle of the ring.

Brock Lesnar: I also expected you to show up on Raw this past Monday to gloat over what you done. I guess you’re not as tough as I thought you were. Hunter, if all you’re capable of now is screwing people over when their back’s turned … I suggest you turn your sabbatical … into a retirement.

Small pop.

Brock Lesnar: Either way … the minute- no. The SECOND you bring your sorry ass back to Raw - I don’t care about the brand split, and the fact I’m exclusive to Smackdown … I’ll be heading to wherever it may be to welcome you back personally.

Lesnar stops, and nods, agreeing with something from the crowd.

Brock Lesnar: Now … Eric Bischoff?? I want a word.

Lesnar now stands and waits … patiently.

The wait is rather long, with Brock remaining silent, but begins pacing again, back and forth waiting for…

**I‘M BACK**

Bischoff quickly rushes onto the stage - he’s been busy tonight - and makes his way to the ring, with Brock standing watching, waiting. The GM steps inside, offering a handshake, but Lesnar blanks the offer, with Eric quickly moving on, taking a mic from Chimmel. Lesnar quickly gets in first, and doesn’t waste time with any niceties.

Brock Lesnar: What’s it gonna take Eric?? To make it happen. Me and Triple H.

Bischoff, ever the politician, tries to answer without answering.

Eric Bischoff: It’s a very complicated, complex situation Brock. You said it yourself … Triple H is currently on sabbatical … an undetermined leave of absence.

Heat.

Brock Lesnar: I asked what it will take.

Eric pauses, falsely smiling, feeling the intensity from Lesnar.

Eric Bischoff: Well … for starters, there’s the logistics. I mean, you’re a Smackdown guy, and he’s a Raw guy. We cant just-

Bischoff, feeling the glare from Lesnar, stops in his tracks, then starts again.

Eric Bischoff: But at this moment in time, I’m in a very fortunate position. I’m the sole General Manager for the next few months, which means I can do any, and all cross promotional matches that I like.

Lesnar nods, liking that answer.

Eric Bischoff: I can see it now. Think about it; BROCK LESNAR VERSUS TRIPLE H … IN THE WRESTLEMANIA REMATCH … AT SUMMERSLAM!!!

Excitedly, Eric smiles broadly at Lesnar, but Brock doesn’t reciprocate, and instead nods in agreement.

Eric Bischoff: That would be huge, Brock. And I’d love to sign it … but like I said, Triple H is on a leave of absence, and I cant just … force him … into taking this match.

Brock shakes his head, and then begins to intimidate Eric, with Bischoff backing off, into the corner, retreating.

Eric Bischoff: But trust me Brock, I will do EVERYTHING in my power to make this match happen.

Brock stops. He backs away, allowing Bischoff to walk free, and seemingly looks content with the GM.

Brock Lesnar: You’re gonna try your best, huh??

Eric mouths “YES” off mic, adding a smile, trying to appease the Iron Man. Again Lesnar nods, accepting the word of the GM … THEN KICKS BISCHOFF IN THE GUT … SCOOPS HIM UP … AND DRILLS HIM WITH THE F5!!!!!

{Paul Heyman: BEAUTIFUL!!!}

Heyman is giddy with glee on commentary, not hiding his contempt for Eric, as Lesnar picks his own mic back up again, standing over Bischoff.

Brock Lesnar: I don’t want you to try Eric. MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

**HERE COMES THE PAIN**

Lesnar slams the mic onto the prone body of Bischoff, and exit’s the ring, getting right into the lens of a camera, mouthing “GROW A SET HUNTER!!” before storming up the aisle.

Joey Styles: Paul, Brock Lesnar has reached a breaking point. Twice now, he has been screwed out of the WWE Title by Triple H, and now, he wants revenge.

Paul Heyman: But it remains to be seen Joey, if Triple H will end his sabbatical to take the match. We still don’t know what plans Triple H has for his future. If he knows deep down that he cant be the Cerebral Assassin … if he knows in his heart of hearts that he can no longer claim to the “THE GAME” … then he will know he cant match a guy like Brock Lesnar. Taking time off to heal is one thing, taking time off to re-evaluate your career is another. But IF, he does feel he can be that same competitor, oh boy, I want a front row ticket for THAT explosion.

Joey Styles: Well, so long as you keep your nose clean, you’ll have that front row seat. The seemingly proposed location will be Wembley Stadium for Summerslam, and what a fitting stage, what a fitting venue for such an anticipated WrestleMania rematch.

Paul Heyman: They’ll blow the roof off that place, Joey. Wembley Stadium has a roof now, right?? Because it’s always raining in England. They’ll need a roof-

Joey Styles: As far as I’m aware, the new Wembley Stadium DOES have a roof, Paul.

Paul Heyman: They’ll need a new one after Summerslam if that clash goes down.

Joey Styles: As you said though Paul, let’s not get ahead of ourselves. The match rests on the shoulders of The Game. Triple H holds the power right now. He is still on an indefinite leave of absence … he might not return … at all. But getting back to tonight, the WWE Championship WILL be defended tonight, on our last event on these shores for six weeks, when Randy Orton faces the United States Champion, Paul London … and coming up next, the Cruiserweight Champion Brian Kendrick teams with Deuce and Domino to face three men he knows very well; Jamie Noble, and the tandem of Chavo Guerrero and Super Crazy!! Don’t go away!!!

Commercial Break

Match 4 | Six Man Tag Team Match:
Jamie Noble & Los Latinos vs. The Brian Kendrick, Deuce & Domino
Fast paced action, and despite the presence of the less than impressive jobber tandem of Deuce and Domino, the quality of the contest is pretty high. Kendrick tries to spend as long as he can out of the ring, well aware that Noble, Chavo and Super Crazy are ALL gunning for him, all having issues with the Cruiserweight champ. Kendrick spends plenty of his time not actually focusing on the match, but jaw-jacking with members of the audience, telling anyone that’ll listen that he should be U.S Champion.

Eventually, the faces have had enough of Kendricks games, and Noble takes it upon himself to hurl TBK into the ring, attacking the CW Champion, until Deuce - the legal man - attacks Noble from behind, giving the heel side the upper hand … and with Noble severely weakened, Kendrick decides it’s a good time to get involved legally, adding to his rivals suffering. The boy from the trailer park though builds a fight back, and quickly, Kendrick looks for a way out, tagging back out to Domino.

From here though, the faces hit the ascendancy, with Noble able to tag into the fresh men, and after Super Crazy picks up the pace, dazzling Deuce and Domino, Chavo takes over, hitting Domino with a Gory Bomb, but the count is broken, leading to a wild brawl between the six men … but Kendrick bails from the fight … leaving D&D at a 3 on 2 disadvantage, as Noble becomes the legal man, and traps Domino in the Dragon Sleeper, scoring the tap out, as Kendrick watches on from the middle of the stage, knowing Noble is breathing - heavily - down his neck.
Winners: Jamie Noble & Los Latinos @ 08:39

Noble, Chavo and Super Crazy have their arms raised in the ring, whilst Kendrick is handed his Cruiserweight title, clutching onto it - his ONLY gold, regardless of what he believes he SHOULD hold - knowing that Noble isn’t far from a shot at the gold.

Joey Styles: I don’t know what you think Paul, but The Brian Kendrick needs to get his focus back on what’s important. And that’s not what may or may not have happened this past Sunday in the United States Championship match at the Great American Bash - it’s the Cruiserweight Championship. Because right now, Jamie Noble is on a roll. That kid has the hunger and desire that Kendrick lost a long time ago!!

Paul Heyman: Focus is the key, Joey. Brian Kendrick is the top dog in the Cruiserweight division, and on his day he’s proven to be the best. But if his focus is lost elsewhere, you’re absolutely right. Jamie Noble is like a dog with a bone. He is pugnacious, tenacious and absolutely driven to reclaiming the Cruiserweight gold. If he were to get a shot tonight?? Kendrick wouldn’t stand a chance, Joey.

Joey Styles: You’ve just gotta wonder, what more will Jamie Noble have to do to earn himself a shot at Brian Kendricks Cruiserweight title?? Whilst Noble will still have to be patient for his shot at the gold, one man that gets to live out his dream tonight is none other than Paul London. The United States Champion challenges the WWE Champion, Randy Orton TONIGHT!!!

Commercial Break

**VIDEO PACKAGE**

An image of the sun rising, getting brighter and brighter…

“THIS SUMMER”

Clips of John Cena, Brock Lesnar, Christian, The Brian Kendrick, Straight Edge, & Randy Orton

“THE WWE PRESENTS IT‘S BIGGEST EVER WORLD TOUR”

Clips of Kurt Angle, M.V.P, Shelton Benjamin, Paul London, Mister Kennedy & Edge

“BEGINNING ON JULY 16, THE SUPERSTARS OF RAW AND SMACKDOWN WILL TRAVEL TO ALL CORNERS OF THE GLOBE”

Clips of some of the landmark sights in each continent.

“NORTH AMERICA, SOUTH AMERICA, ASIA, AFRICA, AUSTRAILIA, AND EUROPE”

Darkness.

“AND THE CROWN JEWEL OF THIS LANDMARK EVENT??”

The Summerslam logos from the years gone by.

“ON AUGUST 19, THE WWE PRESENTS IT‘S TWENTIETH ANNUAL SUMMERSLAM”

A sight of the globe, which zooms in … toward Europe … toward the UK … toward England … and into London … zooming in still …

“AT THE HOME OF THE BIGGEST SUMMERSLAM OF ALL TIME”

And hurtles toward Wembley Stadium.

“LONDON, ENGLAND”

Differing angles of the new Wembley, including a sight at the arc.

“THE NEW WEMBLEY STADIUM”

Clips of WWE stars in action, interspersed with clips of fans going wild.

“LONDON’S CALLING”

More fast clips of the WWE superstars in action, with fans reactions, including sights of London too.

“AND THE WWE HAS ANSWERED”

WWE WORLDWIDE SUMMER TOUR
JULY 16 - AUGUST 31

Back into the arena, ‘Fans’ by Kings of Leon can be heard playing, as we cut to the announcers again.

Joey Styles: It feels as if we have been waiting for the World Tour to come around for quite some time, but now, it IS finally here. After tonight, the WWE is packing it’s bags and leaving home turf for SIX whole weeks, starting just over the border in Mexico.

Paul Heyman: I’ve got my sombrero packed Joey, and plenty of sun block-

Joey Styles: To cover that bald patch, right??

Paul Heyman: How- That’s not very nice Joey, and for your information, I’ll be wearing my cap in the sun, thank you very much.

Joey Styles: It’s Mexico City next Friday, then we’re off to Asia, Australia, Africa before finally hitting Europe, which of course will be when we’re closing in on the Twentieth Annual Summerslam from Wembley Stadium. The biggest Summerslam of all time, Paul, and it is getting closer and closer with each passing day.

Paul Heyman: And how lucky am I?? Brought in from the dark to call the biggest Summerslam of all time. A paid vacation all around the globe, and I get to bug you every Friday.

Joey Styles: And there was me thinking bugging people was a natural instinct you had Paul.

Paul Heyman: People tend to think that.

Joey Styles: Well, moving on, two men who will surely be eyeing a spot on that Summerslam bill will be the 2007 King of the Ring Brent Albright and Charlie Haas; The Master Craftsmen. Albright was successful once again tonight against Kofi Kingston, and right now, both men are backstage with Kristal…

Cut to Kristal, flanked by Haas and Albright.

Kristal Marshall: That’s right guys. Brent?? Charlie?? I have just been informed that Carlito and Kofi Kingston have issued a challenge to the two of you to face them in a rematch from the Great American Bash, next week on Smackdown. How do you respond to that??

The two men look at each other, and shrug in response, before Haas speaks first.

Charlie Haas: If they really did challenge us for another schooling next week?? I guess Brent and I can take some time out of our busy schedule.

Albright pipes in, with very much a sense of sarcasm about him.

Brent Albright: After all, it’s not like we’ll be busy doing anything else. Less than three weeks ago, I was crowned the 2007 King of the Ring. Six days later, I beat Brock Lesnar, 1,2,3. Since then?? What?? Nothing. I’ll admit, Charlie and I took a little detour to deal with Carlito, but as far as we were concerned, that issue was settled at the Great American Bash on Sunday. After all, considering my King of the Ring victory, and subsequent victory against Brock Lesnar … shouldn’t I be the one facing Randy Orton for the WWE Championship tonight??

Haas interjects, in order to offer some further reasoning.

Charlie Haas: Not to mention that Brent here also defeated Paul London on his way to winning the King of the Ring. But, Kristal, we’re not surprised. Paul London fit’s a certain mould that the top brass love. Let’s ignore the fact that Brent never got the rematch he deserved for the United States Championship after losing it to Paul, and even after defeating the so-called ‘Golden Boy’ in the King of the Ring Semi-Finals … Brent didn’t get his shot. See … it’s obvious to us that London is being protected by Eric Bischoff, Jesse Ventura, and the McMahon ‘Machine’.

Albright nods.

Brent Albright: Charlie and I are really beginning to worry the execs. We’re starting to worry the margin watchers who pump out the t-shirts and the magazines. One by one, we’re beating each and every single guy that they want to succeed. We’ve already noticed that our efforts aren’t being rewarded, we’ve noticed how the likes of London and Lesnar are being shielded from us … but soon, everyone else will begin to see it. The watching audience will soon see how the Master Craftsmen are being shunted away, kept from ruining the burgeoning careers of the likes of the favourites such as London.

Haas takes over again.

Charlie Haas: And once that happens … they will have no choice but to acknowledge us as the premiere athletes - not only on Smackdown, but in the entire WWE.

Albright affords himself a smile, taking the mic, and putting an arm on the shoulder of Kristal.

Brent Albright: But in the meantime, we’ll just have to settle with toying with the likes of Carlito, and Kofi Kingston.

Albright shakes his head, dismissing the challenge, before he and Haas take off, leaving the set, as Kristal nods, watching the pair walk off.

Commercial Break

We return, straight into the arena, where … strangely … recently released former Raw superstar GENE SNITSKY is stood in the ring, wearing plain clothes, but with a mic in hand.

Gene Snitsky: I got a special invite to be here tonight, expecting to be offered a contract to resign with this stinkin’ company-

Heat.

Gene Snitsky: But I’ve been stuck in the back all night long, and not one person has come near me!! Nothin!!! No one has approached me about offerin a new contract, or even just asked me how I’ve been. So I’ve taken it upon myself to take a live mic, and ask YOU - the fans - if you’re missing Pennsylvania’s own GENE SNITSKY!!!

The goofy looking giant looks for a reaction - even trying to get the cheap, hometown pop - but it doesn’t work. He’s met with apathy instead.

Gene Snitsky: That’s great. I bring my trunks and boots all the way from Nesquehoning to this rotten no good town hoping to earn myself a job again, and this is the thanks I get!?

**I WALK ALONE**

Looks like Snitskys impromptu promo has been brought to a shuddering halt … as BATISTA - wearing his wrestling gear - makes his way down the aisle, looking really angry, as the big Snitsky snarls and grunts in the ring. Batista gets in the ring, and rips the mic from Big Gene.

Batista: Angry, huh?? No match?? Me neither.

Batista and Snitsky come nose to nose, with Batista speaking again, staring a hole through the man standing opposite him.

Batista: And I’m pretty pissed off too. You want your shot?? Try me.

Batista shoves the mic into Snitskys chest, and bellows “C‘MON” as a referee is spotted rushing down the aisle to the ring, with Snitsky trying to take a cheap shot … BUT BATISTA BLOCKS IT, AND TACKLES SNITSKY DOWN!!!

Match 5:
Batista vs. Gene Snitsky
The Animal unleashes his aggression on the big man from Nesquehoning hammering him on the mat, ripping Genes shirt off, tossing it out, before opening up on him in the corner. Batista shoots Gene across the ring, rushing in with a corner clothesline, and follows up with an impressive running power slam!!! After a near fall, he drags Gene back up, but the former superstar runs The Animal into the corner, and follows up with a clothesline, scoring a near fall for himself.

Snitsky gets back up, setting himself up for a running big boot … but Batista ducks it … THEN DRILLS HIM WITH AN ALMIGHTY SPINEBUSTER!!!!! Snitsky could be finished with that alone, but the fired up Animal shoots to his feet, rattling the ropes, letting off his pent up fury, before hauling Snitsky up … and digs deep to get him up … DRILLING HIM AGAIN … THIS TIME WITH THE DEVASTATING BATISTA BOMB!!!!! Batista covers, 1...2...3!!!
Winner: Batista @ 02:13

Joey Styles: Thanks for coming Gene Snitsky!! Batista’s frustration from losing to Edge on Sunday has spilled over to tonight, and unfortunately, our guest has found himself on the wrong side of the Animal.

Paul Heyman: I think Snitsky should count himself unfortunate that Batista made quick work of him. Had he drawn that beating out a little longer, Big Gene could’ve been beaten good looking!!

Joey Styles: All joking aside, Gene Snitsky certainly didn’t do himself much good in terms of earning himself a new contract with the WWE. But as for Batista, what could be next for The Animal?? His loss to Edge will have seen him fall in the pecking order for a WWE Championship match, and everyone knows that THAT is what is driving Batista right now. He is desperate to become a World Champion.

Paul Heyman: I just don’t understand how it hasn’t happened already for that man. Look at the size, look at the power. The fact that he has learned from the likes of Ric Flair and Triple H sure as hell helped him to no end too. Why that man has not already held a world title puzzles me, Joey. And I’m convinced it’s eating him alive, seeing Randy Orton of all people; a guy he shot up the ranks with in Evolution, doing so well out on his own.

Joey Styles: Of course, Randy Orton will be defending that very championship in tonights main event. Can Paul London bring Ortons reign to a shuddering halt tonight and become the first ever man to hold BOTH the United States and WWE Championships at the same time?? Our main event is still to come!! But coming up next, we’ve already discussed the sudden departure of JBL from the WWE, but Booker T, after six years with the WWE was forced to leave the company this past Sunday also as a result of his failure to win the WWE Tag Team Championships with Elijah Burke against Americas Most Wanted. When we come back, we’ll have a tribute, dedicated to the departed five time WCW Champion…

Commercial Break

VIDEO PACKAGE

The show returns, as promised, with a tribute video for Booker T, highlighting his WWE tenure, but also with clips from his best days in WCW, before finishing off with the Great American Bash this past Sunday, and the loss to AMW, before the send off backstage.

The video finishes though with Booker performing his final spin-a-roonie on Sunday, getting a big cheer from the fans.

END VIDEO

Back in the arena, the fans cheer again, showing their appreciation for Booker…

Joey Styles: A sad, sad departure to say the least, Paul. Booker T was a highly re-

Sobbing can be heard over a mic, cutting Styles off momentarily.

Joey Styles: What the- … oh no. What do these guys want!!??

AMW appear on the stage, with Harris consoling a supposedly upset James Storm, who continues to sob into a mic.

James Storm: It’s just so- (sobs) so SAAAD!! Why (sobs) did it- have to be- BOOKER!!!???

Storm overacts his sadness, pushing his head into Harris’ chest, with his partner patting his back.

James Storm: If I- could get- my hands- … on those punks who retired that poor- old man … I’d- I’d …

Storm suddenly pulls away, and stops sobbing, acting normal.

James Storm: Oh yeah, it was US!!!!

Heat descends on AMW, as the tag champs high five each other, laughing it up.

Chris Harris: Just like we said we would, we retired ‘ol five timer, Booker T. We put that ‘ol dog outta his misery!!! You morons ought to be thanking us, and shaking our hands for having the heart to do it.

More heat rains on the pair of douche bags.

James Storm: People, what happened on Sunday not only proved Chris and I right … it also proved that we are far and away the premiere tag team in the WWE today.

Harris looks at Storm, and shrugs, as if to motion that he doesn’t quite agree.

Chris Harris: About that … I don’t know … don’t you think we’re the premiere tag team in the HISTORY of the WWE???

Storm laughs, and nods in agreement, but the fans boo.

Chris Harris: For seven months, we’ve fended off every challenge thrown at us, with consummate ease. Whether it was a team thrown together at the last minute, or a supposedly legendary team like the Hardy Girls, or even the crap that cant even get a match on Superstars like the Murdochs … to a team made up of a so-called legend in Booker T and his little protégé, Elijah Burke … none of them have come close to ending our reign.

More heat from the fans.

James Storm: But- But, credit where it’s due, Booker and Burke came closer than any other team so far. They really did give us a hard time. But, uhhh … that team bit the dust on Sunday … sorry bout your damn luck boys.

Storm grins broadly.

Chris Harris: We’ve eliminated our biggest threat folks. And now who is there?? Super Crazy and Chavo Guerrero?? Like the team name guys, but uh … you haven’t really made waves, have ya??

James Storm: Well, you’ve got Deuce and Domino…

The two pause for a moment, staring at each other … then crack up, laughing at the suggestion.

Chris Harris: What next?? The Murdochs again??

The two laugh once more, but the fans are less than enthused.

James Storm: Basically what we’re tryna say here is that Chris and I have cleaned out the tag team division. We’ve beaten ’em all, boys and girls.

Chris Harris: And frankly, we’re a little embarrassed that there isn’t a genuine challenge for us to face now. None.

Boos, but Storm nods.

James Storm: So, Chris and I have taken it upon ourselves to take a leave of absence during this ‘World Tour’, and our interim GM has accepted our request. I mean, what else could he do?? He knows there’s no one to challenge us right now.

Heat again, but Harris acts as if the fans are booing that they’ll not be part of the show, and raises his hands to try and settle them.

Chris Harris: But hey- don’t worry … we’re still gonna travel with the crew ALL around the globe on our holiday. And, we’re gonna bring a camera with us, to keep you all up to date with how we get on during our break all around the world.

Storm then motions for the camera man to come closer, as he ends the promo.

James Storm: And boys, how’s about you pull the finger out, get your acts together, and provide us with some kind of challenge for when we get back??

Storm laughs, dropping the mic down, along with Harris, as the champs exit the stage, cutting back to Styles and Heyman.

Joey Styles: This is absolutely ridiculous-

Paul Heyman: How so?? Harris and Storm have beaten THEM ALL on Smackdown. They’ve pushed every challenge to the side, and their toughest challenge to date?? One half of the team had to leave the company on Sunday because THEY couldn’t get the job done. You ask me, AMW’s biggest challenge is gonna be FINDING a new challenge!!

Joey Styles: How can Eric Bischoff let this happen though?? AMW are the freakin CHAMPIONS!!! They’ve got responsibilities, they shouldn’t just get time off because there isn’t a challenge to them at this moment in time!!

Paul Heyman: What else are they gonna do?? It’s about time the tag teams on the Smackdown roster had a long hard look at themselves, and step up to the plate to provide AMW with a challenge!!!

Joey Styles: Well, one man that ISNT short of challenges is Randy Orton!! The WWE Championship is in jeopardy tonight, with the high flying United States Champion Paul London aiming to knock off the Career Killer. CAN London overcome Orton and fulfil a lifetimes dream?? It’s still to come - TONIGHT!!! And NEXT, we will hear from the challenger - Paul London speaks, NEXT!!!

Commercial Break

!! SUMMERSLAM COUNTDOWN - 37 DAYS TO GO !!

We return, backstage, with Josh Mathews standing by.

Josh Mathews:
Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome, my guest at this time, the United States Champion, Paul London!!

The fans pop for the Golden Boy, who steps into the picture.

Josh Mathews: Paul, at the close of the spring, you declared that you had three goals this summer; to win the United States Championship, win the King of the Ring, and become WWE Champion. While you may have fallen short in your quest to win the King of the Ring, tonight, you have the opportunity to complete two of those three goals - and the biggest of them all; win the WWE Championship.

London lets it soak in, nodding.

Paul London: Nearly two years ago Josh, I had my first shot at the WWE Title. I’ve admitted myself that back then, I wasn’t ready. But I did tell myself that one day I WOULD be ready. Josh … I’m ready … NOW!!!

Big cheer from the fans. London smirks before he speaks again.

Paul London: I know I’m not the most threatening guy to look at, or all that strong … but trust me when I say this … it’s time for Randy Orton to pay for what he’s done over the last eight months. I’m dedicating this match tonight to Ric Flair {WOOO from the fans} Chris Jericho, Nick Dinsmore, and (thumb taunt) Rob … Van … Dam!!!

London, with a determined look on his face, turns away … and is met by BATISTA!!! The two stand across from each other, with London nodding at his friend, and despite his bad mood … Batista pats London on the back, offering a handshake that is quickly accepted.

Batista: Good luck kid. It’s your time.

London nods appreciatively, and looks to move on, when a third body enters the picture; M.V.P!!! Porter looks London up and down, with Batista watching on, as MVP speaks.

M.V.P: Good luck tonight. But don’t you being takin’ your eyes off the ball.

MVP taps the U.S Title belt, and smirks, with London pulling the belt down, but before he speaks, Batista butts in.

Batista: Hey, why don’t you clear off … before I make you disappear.

Porter quickly backs up, cockily stepping away, smiling.

M.V.P: Ease up, short fuse. Just a friendly warnin boy. I’ll be watchin.

Porter continues to back away, whilst Batista and London shake their heads as we fade out…

And elsewhere, we see Randy Orton making his way down the hallway, towards the ring…

Back into the arena…

**STAY IN SHADOW**

There’s a long pause before Paul London emerges from behind the curtain, to a rapturous response!!!

Joey Styles: Is this Paul Londons moment?? Will the Golden Boy realise his lifelong dream tonight, and become WWE Champion!? Does the journey culminate here?? We’ll find out after the break - THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH … IS NEXT!!!!!

Commercial Break

We return with London in the ring, taking deep breaths, awaiting his opponent…

**VOICES**

And the reaction is quite the opposite for Orton, with the WWE Champion met by heat. Orton takes his time walking to the ring, as predictable as ever, making London wait, as we get set for the main event; and the championship match.

Main Event | WWE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:
Randy Orton vs. Paul London
Orton predictably overpowers London in the initial lock ups, aggressively shoving the smaller man into the corner, trying to intimidate his challenger, but gets a little too overconfident, which allows London to fight his way into the battle, putting Orton on the back foot, as he opens up with big - consistently stiff - forearms, backing Orton into the corner, before grabbing the champions head and driving forearms into the face of Orton at speed. Eventually, Nick Patrick forces a break, and immediately, Orton tries to escape out of the ring for a break - but the hungry challenger doesn’t let it happen!!

With Orton on the back foot, London is growing in confidence, but as he sends the champion off the ropes, Orton hangs on, and kicks London away as the challenger bends down. Orton then comes at The Golden Boy, but Paul back body drops him over the ropes, sending the champion to the floor!!! The fans pop, with London standing at the ropes, waiting and watching as Orton struggles up … THEN SPRINTS OFF THE OPPOSITE ROPES … ACROSS THE RING … AND CONNECTS WITH A SUICIDE DIVE TO THE CHAMPION!!!!! Both men are down, and the fans are in ferment … as the show goes to it’s final commercial …

Commercial Break

And we return, with Orton miraculously in control, and yep, you guessed it, he’s got the CHINLOCK (OF DOOM~!!) applied. As this goes on, we get clips of during the break, where London got Orton back inside, but got hung up on the ropes by Randy, then fell victim to the INVERTED HEADLOCK BACKBREAKER resulting in a LONG two count, and the balance of power shifting back into the champions favour … leading to the interesting (sarcasm) hold now.

He has the hold locked in tight, but London musters a fight back, elbowing out of the hold, and ups the pace again, with Orton unable to catch him, as London delivers with a succession of snap arm drags, dizzying the champion, then connects with his dropsault, and hooks the leg, 1...2...NO!!! Orton, looking worse for wear, struggles to his feet, trying to shake the cobwebs loose, but London is right on him - from behind - rushing him into the ropes, and rolling the champion up … 1...2...NO!!! Orton shoots up, right into an inside cradle, 1...2...NO!!! Orton survives again, but he’s being ran ragged, and London now rolls him up again, this time with a school boy, 1...2...ORTON POWERS OUT AGAIN!!!

Orton tries to get up quickly to retake control, but swings wildly with a clothesline - missing, allowing London to duck under, then jumps onto the shoulders of the champion … rolling through for a VICTORY ROLL … 1...2...NO AGAIN!!! Orton is in serious trouble, completely off the lightning pace being set by the challenger, and looks gassed as he tries to get up, on his hands and knees, allowing London to shoot in again, applying the La Magistral, and another pin … 1...2...NO AGAIN!!! Orton again just survives, and London waits for the champion to get to his feet … then rushes up, hopping onto Ortons back … looking for a CRUCIFIX … BUT ORTON COUNTERS - out of sheer desperation - AND RUNS BACKWARD, RAMMING THE CHALLENGER INTO THE CORNER!!!

Londons momentum is cut by the champion, and Orton looks to give himself a moments break, toppling the challenger over the top rope to the floor, before reeling away, shaking his head wildly, trying to get his senses restored. Meanwhile, London is dragging himself onto the apron, and Orton moves in to get him - but London ducks under, driving a shoulder into the gut of the champion, then looks to spring back into the ring, but as he jumps - ORTON DROPKICKS HIM!!! London gets tangled in the ropes, eventually crashing onto the apron!! The champion now roughly reaches out, pulling the challenger up, through the middle rope … taking his time … AND DELIVERS THE HANGMANS DDT!!! Orton covers instantly in the ring … 1...2...FOOT ON THE ROPE!!!

PAUL LONDON WILL NOT BE DENIED!!! Orton is beside himself, and takes out his frustration on the challenger, stomping him aggressively in the corner, over and over, with Nick Patrick trying to warn the champion of his actions, but Orton refuses to listen and continues to drive his boot into the chest of his defenceless opponent, eventually being dragged away by the official. Orton though pushes past, and gets back on London, dragging him up - and shoots him across the ring with great velocity, sending him into the corner, toppling upside down - ala Shawn Michaels!! Orton then sets him in the middle of the ring, driving down with a big knee, making a cover, 1...2...KICK OUT AGAIN!!!

Orton now mounts the challenger, hooking his head, and letting go with a succession of straight rights to the temple, driving his fist, over and over, into the face of the tenacious Paul London, again, being forced to break eventually by the referee. Orton stands up, pulling London with him, striking with another straight right, putting the challenger down, then grabs Londons legs open … and stomps the challenger, deep into his gut!!! London rolls around, selling the pain, as Orton stalks, waiting for the challenger to get up, backing him into the corner, and shoots him across the ring again … but this time, London hops onto the middle rope … AND SPRINGS BACK WITH A CROSSBODY TO THE CHAMPION!!! He has the cover, 1...2...NO!!!

The champion survives the scare, and scrambles back up … BUT LONDON CONNECTS WITH A DROPSAULT!!! London looks like he’s beginning a stirring comeback, setting himself in the corner, as Orton struggles up, and races across at the dazed champion … BUT ORTON CATCHES HIM WITH A SCOOP POWERSLAM AND A COVER, 1...2...KICK OUT!!! The lightning fast counter isn’t enough to put the challenger down!!! Orton though is livid!! The champion begins to snarl, and grimace, pounding his fists on the canvas … and on commentary, Styles indicates it might be time for the RKO!!!

Orton begins to position himself, readying himself … lying in wait … as London peels himself off the canvas, pulling up on the ropes, pushing off … AND ORTON POUNCES … BUT LONDON SHOVES HIM AWAY … then ducks another wild clothesline attempt … BEFORE LANDING - PICTURE PERFECT - RIGHT ON THE CHIN … WITH A SUPERKICK!!!!! London falls onto the champion, covering Orton … 1...2...KICK OUT!!!!! For an instant, London thought he had it won!!! The challenger climbs to his knees, looking up ahead, praying to God for the three, but the match continues!!!

The Golden Boy digs to get back to his feet, willing Orton back up also … and as the champion slowly stirs, getting to his knees, London refuses to wait any longer, and pours on the offence to Orton, again striking with stiff forearms, pulling Orton to his feet, kicking him in the gut, hooking him … AND LAUNCHES TO THE ROPES … DRIVING ORTON INTO THE CANVAS WITH A TORNADO DDT!!!!! London again looks to cover and claim the title to realise his dreams, and hooks the leg … 1...2...SHOULDER UP!!!!!

NO!!!!!!! Londons hands cover his face in despair, but the fans are beginning to feel that a change is in the air. London nods, knowing that despite the kick out - HE is the in ascendancy here, and he gets to his feet, with Orton still down, and points to the corner - signalling for the 450 SPLASH!!! The fans are on their feet, as London reaches to find the extra push of energy, and the challenger climbs to the top rope … setting himself … BUT BEFORE HE CAN FLY … ORTON ROLLS OUT OF THE RING!!!!! The fans boo, as Orton rolls out, avoiding the sure fire finisher, protecting his title, and scrambles to the timekeepers table, grabbing his title belt, and WAVES THE MATCH OFF!!! Orton stumbles around ringside, ignoring the deafening heat from the fans, looking to escape up the ramp … but as he begins to leave … London refuses to let it slip so easily, and hops off the top rope, sliding out of the ring … AND GIVES CHASE TO THE CHAMPION!!!

London spins Orton around, and TACKLES THE CHAMPION DOWN!!! London explodes on Orton with right hands, and tries to pick the champion up to get him back to the ring … but Orton shoves him away!!! The champion makes a lunge to pick his title back up … BUT LONDON IS ON HIM AGAIN!!! The determined challenger attacks Orton, scoring with a side suplex - ONTO THE STEEL RAMP!!! Nick Patrick has reached the count of SEVEN as Orton tumbles down the ramp, as London gets up, stomping the champion toward the ringside area, picking him up, trying to throw him back inside the ring … but Orton counters, and sends London into the ringpost instead!!! Orton again looks to create some distance {EIGHT} and staggers away, falling over himself at the ramp … {NINE} … but just about stays up, and grabs his precious title, as London recovers … but knows the opportunity has slipped … AS THE BELL IS RUNG!!!
Winner: Double Count Out - Randy Orton is STILL WWE Champion @ 17:29

“BULLSHIT” is the cry from the fans as Orton doesn’t stay to feel the hatred of the angered fans, disappearing behind the curtain with his title belt, leaving London to think of what may have been…

Joey Styles: Some champion Randy Orton is!! What a JOKE!!!

Paul Heyman: Randy Orton got scared to death by the passion, drive and the sheer WILL of Paul London. He couldn’t keep him down, he couldn’t BREAK the will of the United States Champion!! Randy Orton, make no mistake about it, KNOWS he has escaped here tonight. I don’t think he expected to get that kind of performance from London, I don’t think he expected such a battle, such a war, and I think he knows that on THIS night, he couldn’t beat Paul London.

Paul London re-enters the ring, not even able to claim a victory tonight with the double count out, and even though Orton walked out, London is unable to smile knowing he had Ortons number, but instead has a look of ‘what may have been’ etched on his face.

Joey Styles: Paul, this issue cant be settled just like that. Randy Orton is gonna have to face up to Paul London again, at some point down the line for that WWE title.

Paul Heyman: Absolutely. I don’t see how London can be ignored after this performance. He just scared the champion of the world half to death tonight. Whether he can repeat the performance in a rematch is another question, but regardless; yes, he sure as hell deserves another shot at Randy Orton.

Joey Styles: Ladies and Gentlemen, Randy Orton will depart the United States with the WWE Championship still in his possession, and next week, the biggest World Tour in WWE history will kick off … but what is the fate of Paul London?? Will the U.S Champion be given another shot at the WWE Champion?? Goodnight everybody.

END OF SHOW

Current Card for WWE SummerSlam:
Date: 19th August 2007
Event Music: Kings of Leon, Fans & The Clash, London Calling

World Heavyweight Championship Match:
World Heavyweight Champion Christian OR Rey Mysterio
VS.
Mr. Money in the Bank; Unbeaten & Undefeated Umaga w/ Armando Estrada