Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Official BTB Discussion Thread

489K views 6K replies 321 participants last post by  Deeds 
#1 ·
I'm not sure if it's just me, but the old thread has become an absolute pain in the ass to open due to it trying to take me ten or so pages ahead of the actual last page. So to make it easier, here's a new thread.

Old thread for those of you who wish to refer back: http://www.wrestlingforum.com/booker/510932-official-btb-discussion-thread.html

~ No spamming
~ No arguing
~ Under any circumstances, NO "WELL EXCUUUUUUUSE ME, PRINCESS!"
~ You can discuss other BTBs here, it's fine. Don't shill your BTB needlessly, however
~ If you have a question regarding "What Should You Do," just go with your gut instinct
~ Use references like google or onlineworldofwrestling for answers to questions you could easily find yourself

Post away.

#4,321 ·
I plan from every big PPV to big PPV in terms of full cards and feuds, and then have ideas and general directions in mind with where I want to go afterwards. So for example...

Mania-Summerslam with full cards, and a general direction of where I want to to from Slam to Survivor Series
Summerslam-Survivor Series with full cards, and a general direction of where I want to from SurSer to Mania
Survivor Series-Mania with full cards, and a genera direction of where I want to go from Mania to Summerslam

And the cycle repeats.

#4,336 ·
Dont you guys dislike it when someone makes a thread in a specific time period, say for example, an Atittude Era thread, but they do no research on the actual era itself and completely book guys out of character?

Why can't people do research? When I was toying with doing a WWF 98 thread, I watched/fastforward every Raw in 1998 to get a feel for every character and the time period itself. I just don't get it sometimes. :(

#4,342 ·
The one thing I hate about attitude era threads is that bookers are to influenced by what happened in real life. Why would I read a thread that is for the most part EXACTLY the same as something I watched and enjoyed all those years ago? I'll just watch it again.

Also, nobody booking Ken Shamrock as mother FUCKIN' world champ really irks me as well.

#4,343 · (Edited)
"Fans, if you're even thinking about changing the channel to our competition, fans, do not. We understand that Ken Shamrock, yes, crazy Ken Shamrock, who fought in the UFC, is going to win their world title. Ha! That's gonna put some butts in the seats, heh."

But seriously, you should just go ahead and book an attitude era thread now. No point putting it off for another few months.

EDIT: In all seriousness though, I am surprised Shamrock never got at least a run Vs. Austin in main events. I'm sure it probably happened on a Raw while Ken was in the Corporation, but a proper feud could've been good to see.

#4,344 ·
Kind of random, but I need to see if I'm the only one here with this. If I look at a thread and if I see bad grammar in the opening post, I instantly click off the thread and go to another one. Am I the only one who does this?

Sometimes I go to see a show if they have one posted to give them a bit of a chance; but I notice the shows are not much better than the OP.

#4,349 ·
Bad simple grammar irritates me no end. If it's the odd mistake, you can look past that because everyone makes them. If it's recurring it's just bad. Also people calling Joe or Curt 'Henning'. That happens way too much. In fact, the name of any wrestler spelt wrong constantly is the worst thing. It's inexcusable really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.