Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Your 5 Star Match Lists

View Single Post

Old 08-12-2011, 06:44 PM   #307 (permalink)
WOOLCOCK
Ben Wyatt's Low Cal Calzone Zone

Location: Golfing with Stephen Hawking, he lied about his handicap. Didn't need a golf cart though, I just sat in his lap.
WOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF BallotWOOLCOCK made the HOF Ballot
Default Re: Your 5 Star Match Lists

Well that freaking sucks (not watching Flair, not the band). I always find myself loving Flair even more when I watch his 80's run, he and Windham do a lot stuff that would be 'by the numbers' if you had two ordinary workers try it but they manage to make even the most basic hold mean something and seem better than it should be.

The story in that match of Windham being better than Flair but not enough to the point where he can beat him and thus making mistakes which Flair uses to try and get a bit of control was freaking immense. Pacing was delightful and they even did a ref bump perfectly, and Flair does the best improvisation of a botch I've seen since Liger vs Sasuke.

Edit: Cal I'd put this behind Flair vs Steamboat COTC and maybe Chi Town. Would put it above Wrestlewar and would say its a top 3 for Flair's career. Dug it that much.

Also got a choice for the final match to watch tonight. Flair vs Kerry Von Erich from Hawaii (seen this pimped as MOTDC) or Lawler vs Dundee 6/6/83?

Last edited by WOOLCOCK : 08-12-2011 at 06:47 PM.
WOOLCOCK is offline   Reply With Quote