Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Workout/Staying in Shape Thread
View Single Post
post #1679 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2011, 05:28 PM
JBL_Wrestling_God
Little Poppa Pump

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re: Workout/Staying in Shape Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush View Post
to get even more specific he said "some kind of weights" Not to argue over semantics though. I wouldn't call you a weight lifter if all you do is push ups, likewise i wouldn't call a lot of people who work out recreationally using machines weight lifters despite the fact that they are technically lifting a weight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hohenheim of Light View Post
What does the label "weight lifter" do exactly, and who really cares?
Well somebody who says "I lift weights" and only does pushups everyday than tells somebody there workout routine, I'm sure there going to be disappointed finding out you only do pushups which is completely not a workout schedule. Weight lifters can be categorized to me as somebody who lift consistently four to five days a week different body parts. I don't think there's any problem with using machines, I actually think machines work very well for working certains aspects of the body such as abs but I think everybody should experience both free weights and machines and whichever one they prefer is personal preference. I prefer free weights because they put a little more pressure on you when you are lifting and I think ultimately makes you stronger than using machines but I have no problem using either one.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome