Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Indy DVD Thread

1M views 11K replies 303 participants last post by  Lane 
#1 ·
#4,278 ·
Heyooooooooooooooooo!

I haven't watched any of their title defenses this year, but it seems like everyone is in agreement that they're not the top of the tag division.

I was going to make a new thread but fuck it, does anyone know where I can get some Smokey Mountain Wrestling? I've been watching Cornette shoots like I was paid to and I have the urge to check out some of his booking shenanigans.

him and Danny Daniels, right?
I think it was Danny Daniels. How long did the New Carnage Crew last anyway, three or four shows?

#4,280 ·
In the indy media section there are rips of 1993 episodes of SMV, thought there were some of 92 too.

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/indy-media/590936-smw-1993-vhsrip-x264-rudos.html

CZW - Night Of Infamy X - Ultimatum

Uhaa Nation vs. Aarron McCormick - *
Just a match to intro Uhaa to the crowd.

Intergender Match
Mia Yim vs. Greg Excellent - N/R
Enjoyable, but I can’t rate any match with a Greg Excellent strip tease.

Drew Gulak & Mr. Tofiga vs. Nation of Intoxication (Danny Havoc & tHURTeen) - **

AR Fox vs. Ryan McBride - **3/4

CZW World Tag Team Titles
Azrieal & Bandido, Jr. vs. Philly’s Most Wanted (Joker & Sabian) - **1/2
About the same as their other two matches but at least for this the crowd loved PMW losing the titles.

The Runaways (Joe Gacy & Ryan Slater) & Alex Payne vs. BLK-OUT (Rich Swann, Ruckus & Alex Colon) - **1/4
At times it looked like the guys just didn’t know what to do or forgot what they planned.

CZW World Heavyweight Title
MASADA vs. Devon Moore - **
Can someone, anyone take the title off Moore. Can't recall a good world title match since he's become champ, and the crowd seems less and less interested in him every month.

CZW World Junior Heavyweight Title
Sami Callihan vs. Adam Cole - ****
The biggest feud in CZW in 2011 ended with a bang. The match was overbooked but it worked with the history of Cole and co. stacking the deck against Callihan, and the fans cheering Callihan on helped nullify Callihan's usual grating personality. And as much as I hate Callihan, he clearly should be the world champ taking on the biggest heels in the company if Cole is indeed gone.

#4,294 ·
Yeah haha. Had a successful defense at Fate of an Angel then dropped them at The Homecoming.

I'd take Hangmen 3 over Carnage Crew, but I wouldn't really compare each team for what they were. I actually enjoyed the Hangmen 3 cats despite their "boring" label they got from some people. Plus it lead to the Pearce vs Albright matches and those owned.

#4,287 ·
Not going to lie, I loved the Carnage Crew/Ring Crew Express matches. While not scientifically sound, they beat the shit out of each other, and the Express was starting to become quite the underdog team from it. I just wish the RCE got the gold off the CC before handing it back to Whitmer/Jacobs.

Night of Infamy live was amazing. The main event was incredible, look for the WF3 marking out hard when Cole gets suplexed onto the CZW security guy in the corner of the guard rails.

#4,288 ·
Even though they were laughable jobbers Ring Crew Express's double team shit looked really crisp and swank 90% of the time, Plus they wore bandanas over their knees. I never minded The Carnage Crew much. Sure they we're probably the least talented guys on the roster but they were also doing something different from everyone else too so that helped.

#4,301 ·
I never minded The Carnage Crew much. Sure they we're probably the least talented guys on the roster but they were also doing something different from everyone else too so that helped.
Most of the guys in Carnage Crew were in their first 2-3 years of wrestling. They just wanted a good angle and instead got the "shit in the bags" angle.

#4,293 ·
Finally got around to watching Steen Wolf. Well, I only really paid attention to the last two matches, so "watching" might be a bit of a stretch. Steen/Generico and Bucks/FS were ridiculously stupid, ridiculously dangerous and, oh yeah, ridiculously fun. Pure entertainment. I completely lost track of time whilst I was watching them both. I couldn't care less about the selling. It's not like PWG is serious anyway. They were great though. Loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.