Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - Official Indy DVD Thread

View Single Post

Old 08-08-2011, 06:29 PM   #2620 (permalink)
TaylorFitz
Will Always be a Snit Head

TaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREWTaylorFitz is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: Official Indy DVD Thread

PWG 1.21 Gigawatts

Nemesis vs. Brandon Bonham

The only thing that I really enjoyed about this was that the fans just chanted, "New Guy" at Bonham because they didn't know his name or just found it funny to call him that. There were a couple of cool moves as well but nothing all that incredible really.
*3/4

Candice LaRae vs. Lufisto

Really good match. Lufisto just beat the hell out of Candice for most of the match but Candice kept fighting. It was a really good underdog effort from her. I was really impressed with Lufisto as well. Awesome 10 minute or so Women's match.

Claudio Castagnoli vs. Chris Hero

This was right after Claudio turned on Hero and sided with Human Tornado in their feud with each other. I got the feeling that they didn't like each other but this was lacking a more hard fought segment. There was no back and forth it was just rotating control segments. Still a good match but I've seen a lot better from these when they wrestle each other.
**3/4

PWG Tag Team Championship Match:

The Dynasty(c) w/Jade Chung vs. Kevin Steen and El Generico

I liked that Super Dragon randomly ran in and gave Jade Chung a Burning Hammer for no apparent reason. The match itself was pretty good as well. Because the show is so short I think they had this go longer then it needed to be. Lengthy control segments by the returning face team was just kind of odd.
***1/4

DDT4 Elimination Qualifier:

Scorpio Sky and Ronin vs. The Young Bucks vs. TKj Perkins and Hook Bomberry vs. Los Luchas

This wasn't a crazy spotfest like I thought it was going to be. They took a slower approach but it still pretty entertaining. I probably would have been happier if they had just done crazy stuff the while time but this was still decent.
**3/4

Street Fight:
Chris Hero and Candice LaRae vs. Human Tornado and Lufisto

A slow, methodical, and hard hitting street fight. I loved it actually. The way that Human Tornado would attack Candice was done so well it was disturbing. Hero playing the underdog and doing whatever he could to protect Candice was awesome. This was a great match that really took the Hero/Tornado feud to the next level.

Post match was awesome too. Hero was ready to kill someone after everything went down. It got so out of hand that even Excalibur and Taro, who were on commentary, got involved to break up the ass kicking Candice was getting.

The show was less than 2 hours, had a few good matches and one great one. It's worth buying of you can get it in a $5 sale. In all honesty it's one of the few shows out there that I've watched straight through in one sitting in a very long time.