Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - World Wrestling Entertainment 2005

View Single Post

Old 08-06-2011, 10:51 PM   #25 (permalink)
DH
lyfe

DH DH DH DH DH DH DH DH DH DH DH
Default Re: World Wrestling Entertainment 2005

1) I’ll be trying new formatting each week just to test out different styles and which one I like the best.
2) Not extremely happy with this show, but meh, what can you do?
3) Don’t throw a fit over the Diva Search. I’m doing it for a reason, obviously.

Monday Night Raw ~ 07/04/05 ~ Sacramento, CA

*Opening Video Package*
*Pyro*

“Across the Nation” plays as we pan around the arena, catching glimpses of thousands of fans looking pumped up for the show.

Jim Ross:
Good evening ladies and gentlemen and welcome to yet another edition of Monday Night Raw! We are LIVE from Sacramento as we prepare for the next two hours, which are bound to be as exciting as ever. I’m Jim Ross, and alongside me are my broadcast partners, ‘The Coach’, Jonathan Coachman, and Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler. And gentlemen, after everything that happened last week, what on earth is going to transpire this week?

Jerry Lawler:
I haven’t got the slightest clue, JR. The level of predictability around here is decreasing each week, and trying to get inside the heads of someone of these Raw superstars nowadays is a nightmare.

Jim Ross:
Well, one thing’s for sure, Kurt Angle had an opportunity to win the World Heavyweight Title last week, but was unsuccessful thanks to Shawn Michaels. And gentlemen, I’d bet my house that Kurt Angle is going to have something to say about Shawn Michaels, with that something not being too nice, that’s for sure.

Jonathan Coachman:
Can you blame him, JR? HBK cost Kurt Angle the most prized championship in this sport – the World Heavyweight Championship. And now, I gotta’ feeling that Kurt Angle is gonna’ make Shawn Michaels pay for what he did.

Jim Ross:
And don’t forget that later on tonight, the 2005 Raw Diva search begins as eight young women will compete in hopes of winning a quarter of a million dollars, and more importantly, a contract here on Raw.

**My Time is Now**
The crowd erupts into a thunderous ovation as John Cena energetically storms out onto the stage with his WWE Title in tow. He looks in the closest camera and points at the belt before making his way down the ramp, still maintaining an exceeded energy level.

Jim Ross:
What a way to kick things off tonight with the WWE Champion, John Cena, making his way down to the ring, who apparently has a number of thoughts he’d like to share with the entire WWE, presumably over all that he’s gone through since being drafted to Monday Night Raw.

Jerry Lawler:
I’m sure he’s feeling pretty good about himself after last week when he defended his WWE Title against Chris Jericho AND Christian, not once, but twice.

Cena rolls into the ring and is handed a microphone as he paces around in circles with the fans cheering in anticipation.

John Cena:
Two days, two title defenses, and guess what? THE CHAMP ... IS ... STILL ... HERE!!

The crowd responds with a thunderous roar.

John Cena:
It don’t matter what they throw at me – hell, put me in the ring with a herd of freakin’ elephants, I don’t give a damn. But the fact o’ the matter remains the same; I never back down, I never quit, and you better bet your ass that every time I step inside this ring, I’m gonna BRING IT!

Cena receives another large pop.

John Cena:
Y’see, I’ve only been hangin’ around on Monday nights for ‘bout a month now. And yet, ever since I’ve been here, I’ve been the target of three guys: Christian (heat), who seems to have been shipped off to SmackDown in the draft, which is more than fine with me. Then there’s Chris Jericho (heat), who I’m sorry to say is still right here on Raw.

Small heat emerges over this realization as Cena shakes his head with a frown.

John Cena:
And last, but in his opinion – for what it’s worth – not least, our very own General Manager ... ... Eric .. Bischoff.

The crowd responds with a great deal of heat over this name.

John Cena:
Maybe I’m stupid, maybe I’m naive, or maybe I’m used to working with a General Manager who actually respects his superstars ...

Ouch.

John Cena:
... But ever since I’ve gotten here, me and Eric ... we just haven’t clicked. Yeah, our personalities clash, but believe me when I tell ya that it’s a helluva lot more than that. Y’see, there’s this one thing about me, this one quality, that Eric Bischoff just doesn’t like. And do any of you have any idea what that might be?

Cena spreads his arms, looking for an answer as murmuring and shouting engulfs the audience.

John Cena:
Is it because I’m the WWE Champion? Well, I’m sure Eric’s still pissed off over that one, but nah, he ain’t hatin’ on me for that. Nah, he’s still figuring out how to get this bad boy outta’ my hands. But that ain’t it.

Cena pauses to shake his head with a frown on his face as he paces across the ring.

John Cena:
Surely he’s not hatin’ on my respect for the WWE fans, is he?

This draws a nice cheap pop as Cena smirks while shaking his head.

John Cena:
Nah, don’t think it’s that either. What about my rapping skills? I mean, c’mon, they’re not that bad, are they?

Some murmuring is heard throughout the building.

John Cena:
Okay, okay, they’re not amazing or anything. Though I gotta’ admit, they’ve improved. I’ve, uh, been practicing. (refocusing) But anyways, back to reality here, Eric isn’t hating on me that either. So then what the hell is it? I mean, I don’t consider myself perfect by any means, but what is it about me this guy hates so damn much?

Cena shakes his head (somewhat jokingly) as he paces some more.

John Cena:
I’ll tell ya’ what it is. You ready for the big secret? ... ... ... It’s my independence.

Cena pauses to take a deep breath as a very tiny mixed reaction can be heard.

John Cena:
Y’know, I don’t have issues with ‘respect authority’ and all that. I’ll do what I’m asked and I’ll leave it at that. But what I do gotta’ problem with is havin’ to bend over for authority and gettin’ involved in business I shouldn’t be involved with anyways. Eric – You’re still mad because I refused to get involved in your whole itty-bitty ‘tiff’ with ECW? I told you – I don’t do politics. And I’m proud as hell to say that I stand by that, and I’m even prouder to say I didn’t get involved with that whole load o’ crap with ECW.

A brief pause occurs as some odd cheers can be heard here and there.

John Cena:
So now, Eric Bischoff has vowed to make my life a living hell. He’s searched every square inch of this planet, tryin’ to come up with somethin’ new to throw at me each week in hopes of causing me to lose the WWE Championship, and better yet, get me off this show.

Small heat

John Cena:
Well Eric, I hope you’re listenin’, ‘cause I got a message for ya’ ... ... I’m ain’t goin’ nowhere.

The crowd pops.

John Cena:
And Eric, as far as I’m concerned ... Ya’ want some?

The crowd immediately begins to say “Come get some!”, but it’s quickly cut off by...

**Medal**
A good amount of heat floods the arena as Kurt Angle storms out onto the stage and begins making his way down the ramp, looking much more pissed off than usual. Cena looks slightly irritated that he was interrupted, but Angle clearly couldn’t care as he climbs into the ring and immediately demands a microphone from ringside.

Jerry Lawler:
I think this was only a matter of time, was it not? After what went down in our main event last week, I’m just surprised Kurt Angle let John Cena talk for as long as he did.

Jonathan Coachman:
Let’s cut the guy some slack. He was on the verge of winning the World Heavyweight Championship. Had Shawn Michaels not stuck his big nose where it didn’t belong, things would be a lot different around here. And to be perfectly honest, Shawn Michaels’ actions were totally unnecessary and uncalled for, and I hope Kurt Angle gets vengeance sooner rather than later.

Angle holds the microphone down for a moment as he looks at Cena, then the audience, before shaking his head and beginning to speak.

Kurt Angle:
Y’know, Cena, I can’t believe I’m actually saying this, but I underestimated you.

Angle pauses to nod his head while the odd cheer is heard.

Kurt Angle:
Seriously. I mean, I knew you were dumb, but never did I think you would be so stupid that you would actually come out here and run your mouth about Eric Bischoff on live television. Y’know, from our days together on SmackDownm I’ve always known you to be an arrogant, little punk, but never in a million years did I ever think you would turn out to be such a huge MORON.

The crowd gives a large amount of heat.

Kurt Angle:
Maybe I missed something, but who the hell gave you the right to storm out here and say whatever you want about whoever you want?

John Cena:
Y’know, Kurt, I could ask you the exact same question.

A brief pause as Angle realizes that Cena has a point.

John Cena:
But I won’t, and y’know why? Because I have a pretty good idea of what you’re gonna’ say. You’re gonna’ bore us all for the nine-hundred and zillionth time about how you won an Olympic Gold Medal like what – ten years ago? Then, you’ll go over some of your former and, uh ... past achievements, which you’re still hangin’ onto for dear life. And then, to cap it all off – the cherry on ‘top the sundae – you’ll go ranting on about what happened last week by blaming the first person who pops into your head.

A portion of the crowd pops in Cena’s favour.

Kurt Angle:
That was cute, John, it really was. For a second, you almost had me there – (sarcastically) you almost spoiled everything I was about to say!

Angle scoffs disgustingly before shaking his head.

Kurt Angle:
But you’re wrong. Yeah, I might remind you about the Olympic Gold Medal I earned a ‘few’ years ago. Yeah, I might remind you that I’m a four-time WWE Champion, an accomplishment I’m damn proud of and remind you that I worked for each one of those titles. But when it comes to randomly blaming whoever the hell I feel like it? Nah. There’s only one person to blame for what happened last week, and that person ... is Shawn Michaels.

A solid mixed reaction breaks out.

Kurt Angle:
Shawn – freaking – Michaels ... The Icon, The Showstopper, The Main Event ... but when I think of Shawn, there’s only one word that comes to mind ... ... SCUMBAG.

The crowd responds with a huge amount of heat.

Kurt Angle:
When Shawn Michaels kicked me in the face last week (small pop), he did something he’s going to regret for the rest of his god damn life. Shawn Michaels cost me the World Heavyweight Championship, and now, I’m gonna’ make sure that I turn Shawn Michaels’ life into a living ... HELL!

Some more heat for Angle.

Kurt Angle:
And once I finally take out the trash and dispose of Shawn Michaels from the WWE – something that should have been done a LONG time ago – I’m going to do whatever it takes to once again win the W – W – E Championship .

Angle stares a hole through Cena who stares right back, unintimidated.

John Cena:
Yeah? You sure about that, champ?

Kurt Angle:
Oh, it’s true. It’s DAMN true.

This receives a bit of heat.

John Cena:
Good, I’m glad to hear it. ‘Cause like I was saying before your bald-headed monkey ass came down here and got in the way ... ... Ya’ want some? ...

Once again, the crowd begins finishing the line for Cena, but yet AGAIN, it’s interrupted by ...

**I’m Back**
The crowd responds with a vigorous amount of heat as Cena looks severely annoyed over being interrupted twice in parallel fashion. Everyone focuses their attention to the stage to see Eric Bischoff, who’s showcasing a huge grin as he stops on the stage before drawing a microphone to his mouth.

Eric Bischoff:
Sorry to let you down, John. I don’t want some, and because I’m perfectly fine with standing up here on the stage, I’m not going to come and get some.

Bischoff smiles proudly as the fans boo and Cena can be seen mouthing ‘really?’ with an unimpressed look on his face.

Eric Bischoff:
But, as I’m sure you guessed, I’m not here on a social visit, because it’s like you said, John – I don’t like you, and you don’t like me. So let’s cut the small talk and cut right to the chase, ‘kay?

Cena nods and shrugs, looking surprised that Bischoff doesn’t plan on rambling for once.

Eric Bischoff:
Now John, although you did manage to defend your title last week, it’s my duty to inform you that Chris Jericho is still technically the number one contender to your WWE Championship.

The fans begin booing as Cena looks shocked. Even Angle looks a bit confused.

John Cena:
Even though I pinned him last week, right?

Eric Bischoff:
Chris Jericho has been unable to perform at the best of his abilities because he was distracted by Christian.

Some more heat is heard over this load of bullshit.

Eric Bischoff:
... As I was saying, because Chris Jericho has never had the opportunity to face you one-on-one, he’s still the number one contender to your WWE championship. And thus, I am pleased to announce that next week, live on Raw, it will be John Cena, defending the WWE Championship ... against Chris Jericho!

The crowd erupts into a sizeable mixed reaction.

Eric Bischoff:
But that’s next week. As for this week, well, let’s say I’ve concocted a main event that I think will feast everyone’s famine. Now John, since the ‘tiff’ between you and Chris Jericho is far from over, and Kurt, since we all know that you’re just dying to get your hands on Shawn Michaels, this is what I’ve come up with: Tonight, in our main event, it will be Kurt Angle, teaming with ‘Y – 2 – J’, Chris Jericho, to take on the team of Shawn Michaels ... and the WWE Champion, John Cena!

The fans explode into a collective roar as Bischoff’s music plays once more and he exits with a big grin on his face. In the ring, Cena and Angle glare awkwardly at one another as they realize they will be going at it later tonight.

Jim Ross:
A couple of HUGE announcements from our General Manager, Eric Bischoff. A blockbuster main event made for tonight that will see Kurt Angle and Chris Jericho taking on the team of Shawn Michaels and the WWE Champion, John Cena. AND, on top of that, we’ve now found out that next week, John Cena will defend his WWE Championship against Chris Jericho, who, somehow, after losing to John Cena twice last week, is still the number one contender. But regardless, a great opportunity for Jericho, and an even greater match made for next week.

Jonathan Coachman:
I can’t wait to see what happens tonight when Kurt Angle gets his hands on Shawn Michaels. HBK’s gonna’ be taught a lesson, and quite frankly, it’s something that’s long overdue.

Jim Ross:
Well we gotta’ take a short commercial break, folks, but when we come back, two of Raw’s newest selections in the draft lottery – Big Show and Chavo Guerrero – will go one-on-one in their in-ring debuts here on Raw. Big Show vs. Chavo Guerrero – next!

{COMMERCIAL BREAK}

**Big**
The crowd gives a pleasant pop as the Big Show calmly strolls through the curtain with a grin on his face. The giant raises one clenched fist as he proceeds down the ramp before climbing into the ring and raising his chokeslam hand in the air.

Jim Ross:
Welcome back to Monday Night Raw as we’re getting ready for our first match of the night, which, coincidentally, features two former SmackDown superstars going head-to-head in their debuts here on Raw. Although for the Big Show, he got an unusual welcome last week from ‘The Masterpiece’, Chris Masters.

Jerry Lawler:
Have either of you seen the Masterpiece at all today? I know I haven’t, and it’s made me wonder if he’s at all regretting his decision to try and cheap shot the Big Show last week.

Jonathan Coachman:
Regret? I’d say he’s angry more than anything. The Big Show’s actions last week were absolutely uncalled for, and in the process, he misrepresented Raw and everything this brand stands for in ways I can’t cope with.

**Chavito Ardiente**
To a few snickers, but in general, no reaction, Chavo Guerrero timidly steps out onto the stage. Despite trying to hide his nervousness, it’s still fairly noticeable as Chavo slowly makes his way down the ramp before tentatively rolling into the ring and locking eyes with an eager Big Show.

Jim Ross:
There’s a bit of sympathy for Chavo in this situation, because unfortunately, he was booked to compete against the Big Show tonight after last week when he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, walking in on Eric Bischoff’s phone conversation with the Chairman of the Board, Mr. McMahon. And based on Big Show’s sheer size alone, a match against the man is truly a punishment.

Jerry Lawler:
Maybe Chavo shoulder just run ... run and never look back. That’s gotta’ be better than stepping into the ring with the World’s Largest Athlete. Seven feet tall, five hundred pounds ... I’m glad that the Big Show wasn’t around in my day, let’s just say that.

Jonathan Coachman:
If he had been around in your day he’d be at least a hundred years old by now.

Match 1:

The Big Show vs. Chavo Guerrero

The match starts out with both men showcasing very different facial expressions. While Big Show has a small smirk on his face, Chavo looks focused, nervous, and frightened at the same time. The Big Show tries to corner Chavo, but when he goes to grab him, Chavo merely ducks under his arms and runs across to the other side of the ring. This happens once more as Big Show begins to be getting slightly irritated over Chavo’s strategy. The third time Show tries to corner Chavo and the cruiserweight tries to escape, the Big Show has it scouted as he grabs Chavo by the throat and tosses him into the corner! Show then signals for the crowd to be quiet, which they do, as he delivers a huge slap across the chest of Chavo Guerrero! The crowd groans and cheers as Chavo looks to be on the verge of tears as he stumbles out of the corner in agony.

The Big Show more-less dominates the rest of the match, with Chavo showing some scattered attempts of desperation, which each attempt being stopped rather quickly by The Big Show. Chavo does show a bit of resiliency when he kicks out of a pinning attempt after a Big Boot, but immediately after this, Show puts the match away with a huge CHOKESLAM, which easily gets the three.

Winner via pinfall @ 5:15 – The Big Show

The Big Show showcases a huge grin as the referee raises his hand. He taunts for the cheering crowd before exiting the ring and heading up the ramp while soaking in the crowd’s reaction.

Jim Ross:
In his Raw debut, or re-debut, if you will, The Big Show wins in pretty decisive fashion. And after this win and the way he laid out the Masterpiece last week, will any Raw superstar be able to stop this giant?

Jerry Lawler:
Believe it or not, I think Chris Masters can, JR. Yeah, his arrogance probably got the better of him last week, but he’s young and new, so you can’t really blame him. And besides, we haven’t seen Big Show and Chris Masters in a match, which, as we all know, is where it really counts.

*Backstage – Interview Area*

Chris Masters is seen watching the Big Show celebrate as Maria timidly walks onto the set with a microphone and taps Masters on the shoulder.

Maria:
Wow, what a HUGE win for The Big Show here tonight! And Chris, after what The Big Show did to you last week when he Chokeslammed you, are you at all regretting trying to attack him with a chair?

Chris Masters:
Attack him with a ch-what? (laughs) Maria, Maria, sweetheart ... have you had your eyesight checked lately? ‘Cause that’s not what happened. No, y’see, I was only trying to hand the Big Show the steel chair, that’s all.

Maria looks confused.

Maria:
Why were you trying to give him a chair?

Chris Masters:
Err ... I just wanted him to hold it while I was re-lacing my boot, that’s all.

Maria ponders over this for a moment.

Maria:
Hm, makes sense, I guess.

Chris Masters:
Of course it does! And then the Big Show loses his cool and cheapshots me, the way you’d expect out of a wuss.

This comment receives a slight bit of heat.

Chris Masters:
The Big Show should be ashamed for what he did to me last week, and for what he did this week. I mean, it took him that long just to finish the match? Are you kidding me? I would’ve beat Chavo in half the time it took The Big Show to beat him, AND, I could’ve done it with my eyes closed.

Masters smirks arrogantly to a few boos.

Chris Masters:
So tonight, when I go one-on-one with that embarrassment to the WWE – Viscera – I’m gonna’ put him in the Masterlock and make him wish he never stepped foot in the ring. And once I do that, hopefully The Big Show regrets ever laying a finger on the Masterpiece.

Masters cools down his intensity after this spiel and then exits the picture.

{COMMERCIAL BREAK}

**Child’s Play**
The crowd gives a respectful, welcoming pop as Eugene staggers through the curtain as he scratches his head and obliviously heads down the ramp in excitement. After high-fiving the hands of several fans, Eugene rolls into the ring and runs around in circles like an airplane.

Jerry Lawler:
Look who it is – it’s Eugene!

Jonathan Coachman:
Oh my God.

Jim Ross:
The thing I love about Eugene is how good of a mood he’s always in when he comes down to the ring. His opponent, on the other hand, is not always in a good mood. Sometimes, he can be one bad apple.

**Cool**
To a small amount of heat, the duo of Carlito and Matt Morgan casually step out onto the stage and head down to the ring as they both yell some things at some of the nearby fans before looking at Eugene and sharing a collective laugh. The pairing then climb into the ring as they intimidate Eugene, who looks ready for a fight.

Jim Ross:
There you see the Intercontinental Champion, Carlito, accompanied to the ring by SmackDown’s Matt Morgan, who we learned this past Thursday night is trying to be traded to Raw so he can be reunited with Carlito on a full-time basis. And considering Eric Bischoff and Carlito have hit it off quite nicely, I’d say a trade may occur in the near future.

Matt Morgan demands a microphone, which he receives immediately, before handing it over to Carlito.

Carlito:
Y’know, originally, it was supposed to be me taking on Eugene tonight. But then I thought, why waste my time fighting such a pathetic competitor when I could probably beat him with my eyes closed and both of my arms tied behind my back? Sorry Eugene, but you’re a bit of a joke.

A decent amount of heat arises.

Carlito:
Like, me versus Eugene would be like seeing the Spurs versus the Kings ... no one wants to see that garbage.

The cheap heat quickly erupts.

Carlito:
But then again, the Spurs versus the Kings wouldn’t be so bad ... if you’re a Spurs fan.

More heat is sent Carlito’s way as the Caribbean superstar chuckles.

Carlito:
And tonight? Carlito’s a Spurs fan. And by that, I mean, tonight it’s not gonna’ be Eugene versus Carlito. Nah, tonight, it’s gonna’ be Eugene ... versus Matt Morgan.

Some heat is heard as J.R. yells “What!?”

Carlito:
Now dat? ... Das cool.

Carlito shows a smug grin as the heat continues, before exiting the ring while Matt Morgan gets loose. Eugene, on the other hand, looks genuinely scared.

Jim Ross:
Eugene versus Matt Morgan!? Let’s just get this over with quick so that Eugene doesn’t get hurt.

Jonathan Coachman:
And don’t forget, Matt Morgan lost to Booker T this past Thursday on SmackDown, so it’s safe to say he’s gonna’ take out his aggression on Eugene.

Match 2:

Eugene vs. Matt Morgan w/Carlito

Eugene had a good chance of winning the match ... until the bell sounded. After that, all hope was lost. Sure, Eugene showed some fight when he slapped Morgan across the face, but bouncing off the ropes was the totally wrong idea as Morgan took advantage by decapitating him with a monstrous clothesline, drawing a dramatic, sarcastic reaction from Carlito, as well as some applause from the IC Champ. The finish comes when Morgan charges towards Eugene – AND NEARLY TAKES HIS HEAD OFF WITH A RUNNING BICYCLE KICK!!! The crowd moans for Eugene as Morgan makes the cover and the referee makes the academic count.

Winner via pinfall @ 2:38 – Matt Morgan

Carlito quickly enters the ring to congratulate his prot
égé on a job well done. The IC Champion raises Morgan’s hand as Morgan continues looking down at Eugene with a vicious expression on his face.

Jim Ross:
Nothing short of impressive, but then again, would you expect anything less from a man with the sheer size of Matt Morgan?

Jerry Lawler:
I think there’s a reason Carlito hired him to be, well, I guess his bodyguard. And wait a minute, what are they doing?

What seems to have caught King’s attention is that Carlito is pointing at Eugene with an evil smile. Then, Morgan grabs Eugene by the hair and viciously lifts his lifeless carcass to his feet. Carlito continues giving orders as Morgan lifts Eugene onto his shoulders, when suddenly, the crowd starts cheering gradually ... as SHELTON BENJAMIN sprints down to the ring and slides into the ring! Shelton drops Carlito with a huge right hand before climbing on top of him and pummelling away with a fury of right-handed shots, much to the delight of the crowd.

Unfortunately for Shelton, he seems to have forgotten about Matt Morgan, who dumps Eugene off his back before grabbing Shelton from behind and tossing him off of Carlito. Irate, Carlito gets back to his feet and yells another order at Morgan, who stomps on the face of Shelton before lifting him to his feet, picking him up in a horizontal position – AND PLANTING HIM WITH A SWINGING SIDE SLAM!!! The impact alone forces many fans to cringe as Carlito gets in the face of Shelton before he and Morgan exit the ring, where Carlito once again shows off a cocky grin.

Jonathan Coachman:
What was Shelton thinking, trying to take on two guys at once? I know you’ll argue his case and say he was being brave or somethin’, J.R., but I think it was just plain stupid.

Jim Ross:
Carlito and Matt Morgan were planning an attack on a helpless Eugene. Yeah, I’ll admit, it wasn’t the smartest move on Shelton’s part, but it was the right one, even if it means he’ll be icing his back for the rest of the week.

*Video Package*

We cut to a beautiful beach on a hot summer day, where numerous men and women are playing beach volleyball, working on their tan, splashing around in the water, and surfing adventurously.

Narrator:
Each year, the party keeps on getting bigger.

More and more people seem to be arriving at the beach, looking happier than ever.

Narrator:
... As in WWE big.

All of a sudden, Val Venis is tossed onto the sand from out of view. Then, Edge comes out of nowhere to Spear him.

Narrator:
This is as big as it gets.

Suddenly, a whole herd of WWE superstars begin invading the beach, attacking each other as if there’s no tomorrow while the previous inhabitants of the beach begin screaming and fleeing as quickly as possible.

Narrator:
The party’s just getting started.

In the background, the superstars continue brawling when John Cena comes into focus in the foreground.

John Cena:
Where’s the party!?

Cena is taken down by Kurt Angle and out of sight from the camera.

Raw and SmackDown Present
WWE SummerSlam!

Live on Pay-Per-View ~ Sunday, August 21st, 2005 ~ MCI Center; Washington, D.C.

{COMMERCIAL BREAK}

When we return, Lilian Garcia is standing alone in the ring.

Lilian Garcia:
Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome ... ... EDGE!!

**Metalingus**
Smoke begins filling the entranceway of the stage as the crowd responds with instant heat. Then, Edge and Lita storm through the smoke, hand-in-hand, looking fairly pleased as they make out on the stage before heading down the ramp. Per usual, Edge’s coveted Money in the Bank briefcase is held tightly in his other hand.

Jim Ross:
I’m hoping the reason these two are on their way down to the ring is to explain what the hell happened last week, because, quite frankly, I’d like an explanation. I can maybe understand why Edge attacked Kane, but I have absolutely no idea why Edge would even lay a finger on Ric Flair.

Jonathan Coachman:
It’s obvious, isn’t it? Flair got in the way. He really needs to learn when to get involved and when to just mind his own business.

Lita takes the conventional ring steps as Edge slides into the ring before getting on one knee as the couple make out some more, before Lita is handed a microphone from ringside.

Lita:
Now babe, I know you wanted to tell everyone about what you did to Kane and Ric Flair last week, but first, I’ve got a surprise for you.

Lita nods her head in excitement as Edge looks excited as well.

Lita:
Yeah, yeah ... I thought that since you’re gonna’ be talking about it anyways, how about we remind everyone of what happened last week ... and by remind, I mean let’s show them what happened.

They both nod in unison as Lita gestures to the titan-tron.

Last Week:

Finish of Ric Flair vs. Kane:

With Flair now reeling more than ever, Kane extends his long arm and tightens his glove, signalling that he’s setting up FOR THE CHOKESLAM FROM HELL!!! But before he can even think about grabbing Flair to perform the manoeuvre, EDGE slides into the ring – AND TAKES KANE DOWN WITH A SPEAR!!!! The referee is left with no choice but to call for the bell, which Edge merely ignores as he notices Flair hobbling towards him – AND TAKES HIM DOWN WITH A SPEAR AS WELL!!!!
No Contest @ 9:42

Jim Ross: Oh, come on now. What the hell is this?!

Jonathan Coachman: There’s my man! Teach him a lesson, Edge!

The crowd boos vigorously as Edge, now accompanied by Lita in the ring, looks down sadistically at Kane, perhaps ready to do some more damage. Lita shouts at Edge to finish the job, which Edge looks ready to do as Lita hands him the Money in the Bank Briefcase. Finally, after Kane manages to pull himself to his feet (including several demands from both Edge and Lita for him to do so), he turns around – AND WALKS RIGHT INTO A BRIEFCASE SHOT TO THE HEAD!!! More heat can be heard as the Big Red Machine collapses to the ground, looking as if he doesn’t have the slightest clue as to his own whereabouts. Following this, Lita grabs Edge hand, and together, they head up the ramp and to the top of the stage where Lita proudly throws Edge’s hand up in the air.

A great deal of heat engulfs the arena as Edge and Lita both continue smiling as Lita hands the microphone over to her man.

Edge:
Now that’s what I call ‘cashing in’.

Lita and Edge snicker simultaneously as the crowd gives some heat.

Edge:
Y’know, I’ve been getting a lot of criticism over what I did last week, and for all I care ... well, actually, I don’t. I don’t care, and I really couldn’t give a damn about what any of you people think of me or what I do.

Edge shrugs his shoulder arrogantly to a bit of heat.

Edge:
Newsflash, people: While you’re jumping up and down like a herd of idiots, trying desperately to squeeze in one second of fame of being on television, some of us are actually doing important things that sure as hell don’t have anything to do with any of you.

Some more heat is heard.

Edge:
And last week was just the beginning of many important things to come. Y’see, first off, I disposed of that old, tainted ‘legend’, Ric Flair-

Edge is instantly cut off with a number of ‘Wooooo!’s

Edge:
... Who without his puppet master, Triple H, pulling the strings for him and throwing him bones like a sick, puppy dog every now and then, seemed all but lost and had no idea what the hell he was even doing.

A small mixed reaction emerges.

Edge:
But then I got down to business and focused on the task at hand when I took this (holds up briefcase) and smashed it ... right into Kane’s skull.

The crowd responds with heat as both Edge and Lita smile sadistically.

Edge:
I left the big monster that so many people around here are afraid of as nothing more than just a helpless pile of flesh and bones.

Edge takes a deep breath as he soaks in the odd boo and jeer.

Edge:
And that was just the beginning. Y’see, Lita and I ... we’re through with Kane. We’re FINISHED! We’ve decided that we’re not gonna’ stand for his pathetic attempts to torment us, to stalk us, and to make our lives miserable. From here on out, Lita and I are moving on.

Edge smiles proudly as Lita nods her head in the background to back what Edge is saying.

Edge:
If Kane wants to run around and try to intimidate us, whether it be through following us around the arena or trying to scare us with fire or even interfering in our matches, we’re just going to ignore it. We have bigger fish to fry, as far as I’m concerned.

A brief pause takes place.

Edge:
Y’see this right here?

Edge holds up his briefcase as he paces around the ring.

Edge:
This guarantees me a shot a World Championship whenever the hell I please any time from now until WrestleMania. This here is my golden ticket to the big leagues, my chance to finally break through the glass ceiling; the glass ceiling I’ve been held back from because of people like Kane, people who go out of their way to try and ruin my career because their own is an embarrassment. Well guest what? I’m not gonna’ stand for it ANYMORE!

The crowd boos over Edge’s rage.

Edge:
I don’t care what I have to do, but the sooner Kane is removed from my life, the sooner I can worry about winning the WWE Championship and finally cementing my name in history with the all-time greats. And the sooner this happens, the better life will be for everyone, which is exactly why I’m going to take Kane out and make sure he never ... comes ... back!

More heat as Edge snarls. Suddenly, **Also Sprach Zarathrusta** The crowd explodes into a thunderous ovation as the Nature Boy, Ric Flair, struts out onto the stage with a flashy smile and attitude as Edge and Lita look far from impressed. Flair lets out a huge “WOOOOOOO!” as he makes his way down the ramp, where he locks eyes with Edge but continues to smile confidently as he enters the ring and requests a microphone.

Jim Ross:
An absolutely HUGE ovation from the fans here in Sacramento for the legendary Nature Boy, Ric Flair, who is no doubt irate over being speared by Edge last week when Kane was supposedly Edge’s primary target, and then for Edge to refer to Flair tonight as an old, tainted legend here tonight is just disrespectful and completely tasteless.

A huge “Flair!” chant gradually emerges from the audience as Flair soaks it in with a smile.

Ric Flair:
WOOOOOO!

“WOOOOOO!”

Ric Flair:
It feels GREAT to be in Sacramento tonight!

The crowd reacts with a great pop.

Ric Flair:
The only thing that would make this night better is if you (points at Edge) would learn how to treat people with even an ounce of respect, and for a change, learn how to do everyone a favour and shut the hell up!

The fans roar with cheers and applause.

Ric Flair:
First, you Spear me last week for no good reason, and now...

Edge:
Whoa, whoa, whoa ... Ric, wait. Like I said, that Spear ... it was nothing personal. Unfortunately, you just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I’ve got nothing against you, really.

Ric Flair:
So then why the hell did ya’ come down here and pretend to be God’s gift to Earth and call the Nature Boy an old, tainted, legend, huh!?

Some heat starts pouring in.

Ric Flair:
What, you think just ‘cause I’m old I can’t hear anymore? You think I’m tainted ‘cause I’m not wrestlin’ at the level I could when I was just a young buck like you? You think I’m a legend ‘cause I’m a pioneer of this business? Well let me tell ya’ somethin’. I can hear just fine, thank ya’ very much. I don’t wrestle like I used to because yeah, I’m old now damn it. And yeah, I’m a legend, but not the pathetic, washed up kinda’ legend you mean. I’m a REAL legend who’s worked my ass off for THIRTY .. YEARS in this joint, just tryin’ to make a name for myself and layin’ the foundation for guys like YOU!!

Flair takes a moment to calm himself down and take a breath as the crowd gives him a respectful pop.

Ric Flair:
And you have the nerve to come down here and treat me not with even the damndest bit of respect? Well here’s what ya’ shoulda’ done. You shoulda’ walked down to this ring and apologized to me for what you did to me last week. That’s what I woulda’ done ... that’s what a man woulda’ done.

Oh! Edge bites his cheek as Flair continues to get personal.

Ric Flair:
But no, instead you march down here like you’re the best thing walkin’ around these parts and make some pathetic joke about me needin’ Triple H to survive. Well guess what? I don’t need Triple H to survive. I’ve won sixteen ... SIX – TEEN World Heavyweight Titles, all without the help of Triple H or anybody else for that matter. I’ve fought as hard as I can and worked my ass of every – single – night ... so don’t you DARE disrespect me in front of these people like that EVER again!

The crowd once again gives a huge pop as Edge seems slightly taken back from Flair’s comments.

Edge:
That’s great, Ric, but y’know what? I don’t care.

Edge shakes his head in disgust to a large amount of heat.

Edge:
Your opinion is absolutely worthless ... it means NOTHING to me, ‘kay? I stand by what I said; you’re old, washed up, and quite frankly, well past your prime and your time. You should’ve packed up years ago ... but you didn’t, and now look what you’ve become.

Edge scans up and down Flair with disgust.

Edge:
A pathetic JOKE!

A gigantic amount of heat engulfs the arena.

Ric Flair:
I could’ve hung up the boots a helluva’ long time ago, hell, I almost had to when I broke my freakin’ back. But I didn’t, and y’know why? It’s because I love this. I love this business, this sport, these people, and there ain’t a day where I don’t look back and realize I made the best decision of my entire life to do what I do. And even though I’m 56 years old, I’ve still got what it takes to be the man.

Another nice pop is heard for Flair as Lita suddenly snatches the microphone out of Edge’s hand.

Lita:
Y’know, this is exactly what Edge was talking about.

Lita shakes her head in a disappointed manner as the crowd instantly boos the fuck out of her.

Lita:
It’s people like you, Ric, who are holding Edge down from being the best.

Ric Flair:
No, it’s-

Lita:
Hey, shut up! I’m talking now, gramps.

The crowd boos vigorously as Flair showcases a bit of a shocked smirk.

Lita:
It’s people like you who’ve yet to learn their place around here. You need to accept the fact that it’s time to move on ... step aside and let the people with real potential, like Edge, step into the limelight and enjoy the glory. The difference between you and Edge is that, unlike you, Edge isn’t using his name to get into the spotlight ... he’s actually earning it.

Lita forcefully hands the microphone back to her boyfriend as he shoots a nasty look in Flair’s direction. Meanwhile, the crowd provides heat for her comments.

Edge:
No, actually, here ... you have the microphone, babe. I need to take out the trash.

Edge hands the microphone back to Lita before turning his attention to Flair. Then, Edge walks slowly towards him as the two meet nose-to-nose, with both men apparently trash-talking the other, although the camera doesn’t pick up any of the words.

Then, out of nowhere, Flair takes Edge down with a double leg takedown – AND TRIES TO APPLY THE FIGURE FOUR LEGLOCK!!! The crowd cheers, but before Flair can fully lock it in, Lita jumps on his back to a tremendous amount of heat!! With Lita choking him out, Flair is forced to release the hold as he then runs around the ring, trying to get Lita off of him ... when out of nowhere, HE’S SPEARED BY EDGE FOR THE SECOND WEEK IN A ROW!!! The crowd boos as Edge looks at Flair in a sadistic manner while licking his lips, before helping Lita, who took some of the damage due to being on Flair’s back. Edge then goes and grabs a microphone sitting on the canvas as Lita stretches out her neck beside him.

Edge:
Mission ... accomplished.

Edge snickers arrogantly, when, suddenly, a huge explosion of fire goes off at the stage. **Slow Chemical** The audience erupts into a chorus of cheers as KANE storms out onto the stage before stopping and eyeing up Edge and Lita while laughing maliciously. Then, he raises his arms and brings them back down – as fire explodes all around Kane and around Ric Flair’s motionless carcass in the ring!!

Jim Ross:
What in the world is going on!?

The lights turn out for perhaps one second, and when they come back on, KANE IS STANDING WHERE FLAIR WAS LAYING!! Edge immediately charges, but is taken down with a Big Boot as he then rolls to the outside and out of harm’s way. Lita then tries to escape the ring, but Kane grabs her by the hair and pulls her back in. From the bottom of the ramp, Edge pleads with Kane not do this, but it’s to no use as Kane lifts her up on her shoulder ... AND DROPS HER WITH THE TOMBSTONE PILEDRIVER!!!! Edge looks on in fear, anger, and depression as Kane stares down Edge with an evil look on his face.

Jim Ross:
Bah gawd, Kane has just sent a message to Edge by dropping his girlfriend, Lita, with the Tombstone Piledriver! It seens as if the Big Red Machine isn’t going anywhere, and Edge is just going to have to deal with it.

Jerry Lawler:
C’mon, tombstombing a woman? That’s a little bit far.

Jonathan Coachman:
Absolutely, King, absolutely. This was a poor act of sportsmanship on the part of Kane, and I have a feeling the reprecussions will be severe.

{COMMERCIAL BREAK}

*Backstage – Eric Bischoff’s Office*

Bischoff can be seen talking on his cell phone when Edge suddenly storms into the locker room.

Eric Bischoff:
Err, gotta’ go.

Bischoff quickly hangs up his phone to greet Edge, looking as if there’s nothing wrong.

Eric Bischoff:
Edge ... what can I help you with?

Edge:
You know exactly what you can help me with, Eric. Did you see that, huh? Did you see what he did to her? I want him suspended ... hell, I want him fired!

Eric Bischoff:
Look, I’m not about to fire Kane just because you two have some issues.

Edge:
He attacked a woman ... isn’t that good enough? Now she’s on her way to the hospital because of that big, red FREAK!

Edge runs his fingers through his hair.

Edge:
Look, if you’re not gonna’ fire him, then at least let me at him – next week, me versus Kane.

A small pop over this idea.

Eric Bischoff:
You really want Kane one-on-one next week?

Edge nods his head rapidly.

Eric Bischoff:
Fine, he’s all yours. But quite frankly, I don’t know where this hatred between you two is going to go next, so I’ve decided there’s a stipulation to the match so that maybe the issues between you two will be resolved.

Edge:
I don’t care, just get me in the ring with him.

Eric Bischoff:
Good. So then next week, it will be Edge versus Kane ... in a Steel Cage Match!!

The crowd roars with approval as Edge surprisingly looks okay with the idea as he turns around and exits the office.

*Ringside – Announce Table*

Jonathan Coachman:
Well fella’s, it looks like we’re in for a fantastic show next week. Kane versus Edge inside a 15 foot high steel cage ... wow, that’s gonna’ be great. I can’t wait for my boy, Edge, to rip apart the Big Red Machine.

Jim Ross:
Also announced earlier tonight that next week, John Cena will defend his WWE Championship against Chris Jericho. What a main event that’s gonna be as two of Raw’s finest battle it out with the richest prize in our business, the WWE Championship, hanging in the balance.

Jerry Lawler:
And guys, I’ve just been informed that to kick off the 2005 Raw Diva Search later on tonight, the eight contestants are going to participate in – are you ready? ... A bikini contest! Woo hoo!

**Asiattacker**
To virtually no reaction, Tajiri, accompanied by Kenzo Suzuki, steps out through the curtain with a focused look on his face as he makes his way down to the ring while stretching out several of his limbs in preparation for his upcoming match.

Jim Ross:
Tajiri is getting set for action here as you see he’s accompanied to the ring by one of Raw’s latest accusations, Kenzo Suzuki. Although we’ve yet to see the two compete as a team, if their individual abilities mean anything, they’ll manage just fine as a tag team.

**Conquer**
La Resistance make their way out onto the stage as they are welcomed with a small bit of heat from the fans. The duo arrogantly make their way down to the ring with huge grins on their faces as they get in the ring and begin talking smack to Tajiri & Suzuki.

Jim Ross:
La Résistance are making their first appearance together in over a year, though tonight will not mark their in-ring return as it will be Sylvain taking on Tajiri in one-on-one action. Last week, however, they made their intentions known that they hope to get back on top of the tag team division somewhere down the road by capturing the World Tag Team Championships.

Jonathan Coachman:
And although I think it may take a few weeks to shake off the rust, La Résistance is a very good team when they are at their best, and for our World Tag Team Champions, it could mean the end of their title reign.

Match 3:

Tajiri w/Kenzo Suzuki vs. Sylvain Grenier w/Rene Dupree

Although one might assume that this would be an easy win for Sylvain considering La Résistance has reunited and a push could be in store for the team, it turns out to be an even matchup that sees both men coming very close to beating the other on several different occasions.

Tajiri comes out of the gate quickly by using his quick, innovative style to keep Sylvain reeling. Unfortunately, a springboard crossbody attempt goes awry as Sylvain uses his undeniable strength to catch Tajiri in mid-air and drop him with a devastating rib breaker. Much to the enthusiasm of Rene Dupree from ringside, this allows Sylvain to gain control of the matchup and go to work on Tajiri.

After trying to wear down Tajiri with a camel clutch, Sylvain gets him back onto his feet and applies an abdominal stretch that leaves Tajiri gasping for air. Eventually, Tajiri’s fighting instincts pays off as he manages to muster up enough energy to squeeze out of the hold and roll through – almost like a victory roll, except instead of going into a pin, Tajiri merely sends Sylvain face-first into the second turnbuckle padding.

The pace of the match quickens once more as Tajiri uses his ‘educated feet’ to go on the attack, featuring a variation of kicks directed at the legs of Sylvain. After some more unique-styled offense, Tajiri looks for a Dragon Suplex, but Sylvain proves to be too strong as Tajiri is unable to perform the manoeuvre. Sylvain follows through by attempting a powerbomb – BUT TAJIRI COUNTERS WITH A SAMURAI DRIVER!! The cover quickly follows, but at the last second, Rene Dupree makes himself known by putting his partner’s foot on the rope, effectively breaking the count.

Both Tajiri and Suzuki complain that Dupree provided the assistance, but the referee never saw the help, and therefore, is helpless. Distracted, Tajiri has no time to react when he turns around, only to be clobbered with a huge clothesline from Sylvain. The Frenchman follows through by lifting Tajiri into his shoulder in a face-up position, before dropping him with an INVERTED DEATH VALLEY DRIVER!!! Many fans cringe, gasp, and groan as Sylvain makes the cover as confident as ever, which is enough for the three.

Winner via pinfall @ 8:29 – Sylvain Grenier

Both Rene Dupree and Kenzo Suzuki roll into the ring to join their respective partners. As Sylvain gets back to his feet to have his hand raised, Tajiri rolls to the side of the ring to get checked on.

Jim Ross:
The Inverted Death Valley Driver did the trick, and I can understand why. The impact alone could’ve easily broken Tajiri’s neck.

Jonathan Coachman:
And I was talkin’ to Sylvain earlier today and he told me he was going to show off one of his new moves – “La Visseuse” – which I’m guessing is what we just saw.

Jerry Lawler:
Well for the first match we’ve seen from Sylvain in a long time, I’d say that was pretty impressive. The Superheroes better be on notice, that’s all I’m gonna’ say.

{COMMERCIAL BREAK}

*Backstage – Locker Room*

The camera pans out to show Shawn Michaels taping his wrists to a nice ovation. Then, John Cena walks into the picture, receiving a ‘leaning towards cheers’ mixed reaction.

Shawn Michaels:
Well look at this ... the champ is here.

Both men grin to a few cheers.

Shawn Michaels:
I was just gettin’ ready for our big tag team match tonight.

John Cena:
Yeah, that’s actually what I came to talk about. Believe it or not, we’ve never had the distinction of meeting, let alone wrestling together.

John extends his hand, which Shawn shakes.

Shawn Michaels:
Shawn Michaels, nice to meet you. And you are?

John Cena:
John Cena ... WWE Champion.

Cena holds up his belt as Michaels looks intrigued and a small mixed reaction is heard in the background.

John Cena:
Good, glad we got that out of the way. I also wanted to let you know that you can trust me one hundred and ten percent. I know that you know that you and I may be different in a lot of ways, but when it comes to gettin’ the job done in the ring, we’re both on the same page.

Michaels shows a small grin.

Shawn Michaels:
We’re also about gettin’ our hands on one thing – that.

Michaels points at Cena’s belt before giving the spinner a spin as Cena looks slightly amused, but slightly nervous.

Shawn Michaels:
Sure, we’re on the same team tonight. And what that means is that tonight, you can trust the Heartbreak Kid. You’ve got my word that I’ll do whatever I can to make sure we win this match. But what I can’t guarantee is that you’ll make it out of there in one piece, ‘cause I’m not sure if you heard, but just about everyone in the locker room is gunning for you and your title ... including me.

Shawn pauses as Cena takes a breath and seems to be paying close attention.

Shawn Michaels:
After tonight, HBK will be just like every other guy, tryin’ to stay in the hunt for the WWE Championship. And so take my words of caution: Just ‘cause we’re on the same team tonight, doesn’t mean we’ll be on the same team the next night.

An intense silence occurs as neither man takes their eyes off of each other.

Shawn Michaels:
I’ll see ya’ out there ... partner.

Shawn flashes a big smile before leaving the locker room, leaving Cena to look on with a suspicious, nervous expression from ear-to-ear.

*Ringside – Announce Table*

Jerry Lawler:
You don’t honestly think John Cena will be dumb enough to trust Shawn Michaels, do you? Shawn’s proven time and time again that he’ll do anything to get the WWE Championship, even if it means betraying his own tag team partner.

Jim Ross:
Shawn sounded pretty serious to me when he said Cena could trust him tonight. He made it very clear that after tonight he’ll be back in the hunt for the WWE Title, but he’s more focused on winning their tag team match tonight, and thus, will be a trustworthy, team player.

Jonathan Coachman:
And you believe him? Oh please, everything Shawn just said is a load of bologna. To everyone out there aspiring to become a wrestler, remember this: never trust Shawn Michaels.

**Love Machine**
To a small, practically unrecognizable reaction, Viscera struts out onto the stage and begins his slow journey towards the ring, looking calm and collected for his match.

Jerry Lawler:
Are ya’ ready for some love, guys?

Jim Ross:
I’m ready for a match, King, but whatever. I can’t believe I’m saying this but even Big Vis is going to have his hands full tonight, because, as we’ve all seen, the Masterpiece is very, very impressive.

**The Masterpiece**
To a decent number of boos, Chris Masters takes his sweet time in walking out onto the stage, where he kneels, removes his ‘curtain’, and flexes as pyro sprinkles on the stage behind him. Looking very arrogant, the Masterpiece strolls down the ramp while continuing to flex his muscles while appearing very confident about his upcoming match.

Jim Ross:
This man has all the tools and foundation to become a terrific superstar here on Raw; strength, agility, charisma, and potential. The one thing that could be used against him, however, is his arrogance, and he better not let his astounding physique get to his head because last week, he was no match for The Big Show.

Jonathan Coachman:
I say a little arrogance is healthy, J.R. I mean, if you were the Masterpiece and looked like that, would you seriously be modest?

Jerry Lawler:
I’m torn on this one. He’s a freak of nature, but he may have bitten off more than he can chew in terms of targeting The Big Show. We’ll have to wait and see, though. I certainly don’t want to underestimate this Masters kid.

Match 4:

Viscera vs. Chris Masters

In a fairly short contest, Masters tries to gain the upperhand from the get-go by attempting to take Viscera off his feet. Viscera, however, uses his size to his advantage to take Masters to the ground, and (unfortunately for Masters) then follows it up by using his signature Viscagra as he practically humps Masters’ backside to an awkward mixed reaction from the crowd.

This turns out to be the most Viscera can make of his opportunity, as when he shoots Masters into the ropes, he’s taken down by a massive clothesline, which garners a huge reaction from the crowd, who are reluctantly impressed over Masters’ display of strength.

Masters stays on the attack for the remainder of the match, despite the odd comeback attempt by Viscera with swings of desperation that Masters merely scouts. Eventually, the Masterpiece manages to (amazingly) take Viscera down with a thunderous Samoan Drop, before finally locking in the Masterlock, which knocks the big man unconscious, and thus, achieving the submission victory.

Winner via submission @ 6:04 – Chris Masters

Masters shows a look of grit on his face as he shouts something in Viscera’s face (though Viscera probably didn’t even catch it anyways), before flexing some more for all to see.

Jerry Lawler:
Well earlier tonight we heard him say that he was going to make Viscera submit to the Masterlock, and here he’s lived up to his word. Is Viscera even conscious?

Jonathan Coachman:
Somehow I doubt it. The Masterlock is quickly becoming one of the deadliest submission holds in the history of the WWE, and personally, one of the most impressive submission holds I’ve seen with my own eyes.

Jim Ross:
The Masterpiece said he wanted to send a message to the Big Show, with that being that he can match his size and strength, and I think that message was sent loud and clear here tonight. I think it’s only going to be a matter of time before these two freaks of nature go at it in the ring, and the question of who will come out on top is most certainly hard to predict.

*Backstage – Interview Area*

Todd Grisham is standing with a microphone.

Todd Grisham:
Ladies and gentlemen, my guest at this time ... Chris Jericho.

Jericho solemnly walks into the picture to a good chunk of heat.

Todd Grisham:
Chris, you’ve been simply unsuccessful in your pursuit of the WWE Championship these past few weeks, and John Cena seems to have your number. Does this worry you at all knowing you’ll have yet another shot at his title next week?

Todd holds the microphone to Chris’s mouth, who looks pissed off.

Chris Jericho:
(scoffs) You’re joking, right? ‘Unsuccessful’? ‘Cena seems to have your number’?

Jericho shakes his head in disbelief.

Chris Jericho:
No, you’ve got it ALL wrong. Maybe you oughta’ check your little stat book again and realize that I’ve never had a one-on-one shot at the WWE Title. Every time I’ve had a title match, it’s involved Christian, one way or another. But next week, that all changes.

Jericho pauses.

Chris Jericho:
Next week, I will finally get my rightful one-on-one shot at the WWE Championship. And I guarantee that this time, I will walk away W – W – E ... Champion.

Jericho stares at Todd as the crowd reacts with a bit of heat before walking away from the set.

{COMMERCIAL BREAK}

When we return, the ring is set up with two palm trees – one for each of the back corners (back as in from the camera’s P.O.V.), as well as a surfboard leaning up against one of the trees. As well, the ring is covered in a dark mat.

**Walk Idiot Walk**
To a nice, warm response, Christy Hemme skips out onto the stage and hurriedly makes her way down the ramp as she smacks hands with several of the front row fans and shows a big smile while doing so.

Jerry Lawler:
Do you know what time it is, guys? It’s diva time! I can’t wait to get this diva search underway!

Jonathan Coachman:
I can tell ... settle down there, King. It hasn’t even started yet.

Christy enters the ring and politely asks for a microphone, which she receives as she continues to showcase a large smile.

Christy Hemme:
What’s up, Sa – cra – men – to!?

Cheap pop

Christy Hemme:
Finally, the moment you’ve all been waiting for has arrived – the 2005 Raw Diva Search!

Another nice pop

Christy Hemme:
Now seeing as I’m last year’s winner of the Diva Search, it’s only fitting that I’ve been asked to serve as the host of this year’s. And after meeting all of the competitors earlier today, I gotta’ tell you ... this year’s competition is very fierce. Whichever one of these young women wins the competition will have earned her place here on Raw.

A brief pause

Christy Hemme:
And to kick the competition off, we’ve decided that we’re going to give you all a treat. Tonight, all eight competitors will square off ... ... in a bikini contest!

The male audience roars with approval as Christy bounces up and down in excitement.

Christy Hemme:
Well, what are we waiting for? Let's bring these girls out!

**Be Yourself**
Eight young, good-looking women strut through the curtain in single-file as they head down the ramp, showcasing flirtatious smiles and trying to win over as many audience members as they can. They’re all dressed in very skimpy clothing that appears to be easy to come off, which they’re only wearing (of course) because they’ll be taking them off anyways {}.

Christy Hemme:
Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for the 2005 Raw Diva Search contestants!

The crowd gives another warm pop as all eight aspiring diva’s enter the ring and stand in a line, ready to get down to business.

Christy Hemme:
Now before we get started, I think it’s important for each for each of you to introduce yourselves and say one thing about you, because remember, it’s the WWE fans who are voting for which contestants stay, and which go home. So I’m just gonna’ come around with the microphone so we can get started, okay?

Elisabeth Rouffaer
says that she was the 2002 Miss California.
Kristal Marshall
says that she used to be a ‘Barker Beauty’ on the Price is Right.
Summer DeLin
says that she is a huge basketball fan and played NCAA basketball when she was in college.
Ashley Massaro
says that she was the 2002 Miss Hawaiian Tropic, and that she also has no problems with getting down and dirty.
Leyla Milani
says that she recently appeared in Maxim magazine.
Simona Fusco
says that her boyfriend plays for the Florida Panthers in the NHL and that she’s a huge hockey fan because of it.
Cameron Haven
says that she is a competitive surfer and loves riding the waves.
The last girl is apparently named Alexis Laree, but she seems confused when Christy addresses her by this name and says that her name is Mickie James and that she has no idea what Christy is even talking about. Mickie then says that the biggest inspiration in her life is Trish Stratus, claiming that she’s seen all of her matches. Mickie drifts somewhat off-topic, admitting that she wants to pour hot, melted chocolate all over Trish’s hot body (attracting a huge chorus of cheers from the male audience), before snapping back to it and saying that her dream is to be just like Trish.

The bikini contest gets underway, with Elisabeth kicking it off. She only manages to take her top off to reveal a blue bikini when ... **Time to Rock & Roll** A mixed reaction breaks out as everyone directs their attention to the stage ... to see TRISH STRATUS step through the curtain with a smile on her face. Returning from injury, she proudly throws her belt in the air for all to see before heading down the ramp. The camera also catches a glimpse of Mickie James jumping up and down in excitement. Christy, however, looks both confused and unimpressed.

Jerry Lawler:
Look who’s back! It’s Trish!

Jim Ross:
I have no idea what the Women’s Champion would want to come out here and make her return like this, but never-the-less, I guess it’s a good thing that she’s back, although I hope she’s done something about that snappy attitude of her’s.

Trish conveniently already has a microphone in hand as she begins talking while climbing the ring steps.

Trish Stratus:
Okay, okay, cut the music. I’m here now, let’s settle down, m’kay?

Mickie James runs to the ropes and sits on the second rope as Trish looks at her strangely, before hesitantly climbing into the ring while Mickie looks delighted.

Trish Stratus:
Uhhh ... thanks.

Trish continues staring at Mickie oddly before turning to Christy with a huge smile.

Trish Stratus:
Christy! Hey, how are you? I’ve missed ya’, buddy? Whatcha’ been up to lately, y’know, besides getting your ass kicked by Victoria every now and then?

Trish continues smiling while Christy purses her lips together.

Trish Stratus:
Are ya’ looking for the next Christy Hemme or something?

Trish laughs before turning to the contestants, who seem fairly nervous in Trish’s presence.

Trish Stratus:
Well let me tell ya’ something, sweeties ... you don’t wanna’ be the next Christy Hemme.

Trish shakes her head to a bit of heat before turning back to Christy.

Trish Stratus:
I mean, Christy ... have you done anything relevant since winning that cute little contest you won last year?

Suddenly, Trish realizes something.

Trish Stratus:
Wait a minute ... this ... this isn’t what I think it is? This isn’t that contest, is it? Is this ... the “Diva Search”?

Christy has a blank reaction as Trish Stratus bursts out laughing.

Trish Stratus:
It is! Oh wow, I thought that was just a one-time joke, but they’re doin’ it again? Oh wow, that’s pathetic isn’t it? And to see if they’re worthy of being a diva you put them in a bikini contest?

Trish continues laughing to some heat.

Trish Stratus:
Y’know, there’s been a lot of dumb decisions on this show since I’ve been gone, but this ... this tops ALL of them.

Trish turns her attention to the contestants, who appear very embarrassed.

Trish Stratus:
Taking your clothes off on national television is not what it takes to be a WWE diva.

A bunch of periodic whistles are heard throughout the crowd.

Trish Stratus:
For those of you who are actually serious about this, listen up. If you really want to be a WWE diva, let me warn you that it’s not a free ride. If you want to be the best woman in that locker room, you’re gonna’ have to work you ass off every single night just to prove yourself worthy. And when you do step in the ring, all the fun and games ... it ends, right then and there. When you step in the ring with me, you’re stepping into the ring with a six-time Women’s Champion. If you aren’t prepared, or focused, or serious ... ... your career ... will be over.

Trish glares at all of the women, many taking big gulps and looking very frightened.

Trish Stratus:
This ‘bikini contest’ ... yeah, not happening. You over there (gesturing to Elisabeth) ... put your shirt back on, sweetheart. The fun ends here.

The crowd responds with heat as Christy looks confused and disappointed.

Trish Stratus:
From here on out, you’re gonna’ have to work your ass off to become a Raw diva. Each week, if you aren’t shedding blood, sweat, and tears, something’s wrong with you. We’re gonna’ weed out the weak links starting next week, and if you’re not fit for this, you might as well hit the road now. But until next week, I’d be doing everything I can to get in shape because if you’re not, I’ll punish you.

The male audience finds yet another window of opportunity to cheer as Trish licks her finger before sticking it to her ass, attracting yet another collection of horny cheers.

Trish Stratus:
Ciao.

Trish winks before exiting the ring and holding up her title belt as Christy seems upset that Trish ruined the bikini contest.

Jerry Lawler:
Back with a bang, but I’d expect nothing less from Trish. She does everything with a bang if you know what I mean.

Jonathan Coachman:
Trish has a point, though. If these girls truly do want to be in the WWE, they’re going to have to learn that it’s a tough life, a life that is most certainly not for the faint of heart.

Jim Ross:
Well coming up next, it’s our main event. Kurt Angle and Chris Jericho, teaming together to take on the team of ‘The Heartbreak Kid’ Shawn Michaels and the WWE Champion, John Cena. Oh, what a match that’s gonna be. And we won’t have to wait long ‘cause it’s next.

{COMMERCIAL BREAK}

**Medal**
The crowd gives a large portion of heat as Kurt Angle sternly makes his way onto the stage and to the top of the ramp where he throws his hands in the air while pyrotechnics shoot off behind him. He then continues down the ramp and into the ring where he spins in circles and shows a great deal of intensity.

Jim Ross:
This man has one thing on his mind, and one thing only: Hurt Shawn Michaels. After Michaels cost Angle the World Heavyweight Championship last week, Angle has been more intense than I’ve seen from him in a long, LONG time.

Jonathan Coachman:
He has every reason to be upset, and I can’t wait to see what goes down between Shawn Michaels and Kurt Angle tonight ‘cause I gotta’ feeling that fireworks are gonna’ go off.

**Break the Walls Down**
The crowd gives yet another large quantity of heat as Y2J appears on the stage with his arms spread, before spinning around and pumping them with the same, determined expression on his face from earlier. He hurriedly heads down the ramp before entering the ring and engaging in a staredown with Kurt Angle as the two try to get on the same page.

Jim Ross:
The match was made earlier tonight for next week – Chris Jericho versus John Cena for the WWE Championship, an instant classic in the making. But when it was brought to Jericho’s attention that his last few title opportunities have been unsuccessful, he didn’t take the news too well.

Jerry Lawler:
Yeah, it seems to be a bit of a sensitive topic, doesn’t it? I don’t know how he could possibly think that Christian is behind all this. Speaking of Christian, I can’t believe he’s been drafted to SmackDown. I’m sure gonna’ miss Captain Charisma here on Raw.

**Sexy Boy**
The crowd’s past couple minutes of booing cheerfully change to the crowd popping as the Heartbreak Kid, Shawn Michaels, races out onto the stage with a look of both determination and excitement. The camera constantly goes back and forth between the crowd-pleasing Michaels and the hell-bent Angle, before focusing on Shawn as he drops to his knees on the ramp and prays, causing a series of fireworks to shoot back and forth on the stage behind him. He then continues down the ramp and locks eyes with Angle, who seemingly hasn’t even blinked.

Jim Ross:
Shawn Michaels is without a doubt one of the greatest performers to have ever stepped into a WWE ring. Week in and week out, this guy puts on five-star matches that nobody else is capable of doing. But right now, it’s not about that – it’s about Kurt Angle. These two are bound to meet in the ring one-on-one for their rubber match, to even the score, and when that happens, I think the performing will go straight out the window and it will come down to one thing – winning.

Jerry Lawler:
And although their past matches have been epic, they haven’t had the same personal impact we’re getting now. Angle is FURIOUS with Shawn, and unfortunately for the Showstopper, he’s hell-bent on revenge.

**My Time is Now**
The crowd explodes into the biggest reaction of the night, featuring mostly cheers with a small bit of heat mixed in. Soon, John Cena energetically races out onto the stage with an intense look on his face as he plays up to the crowd. On the stage, Cena raises his title in the air before running down the ramp and sliding into the ring as he and Michaels immediately get in the faces of Angle and Jericho, who don’t seem to intent on waiting, but none-the-less, the referee separates the two teams as Cena raises his belt in the air before throwing his t-shirt into the crowd at ringside.

Jim Ross:
By far, the biggest ovation of the night goes to John Cena. And whether you love him or you hate him, you can’t argue the fact that Cena is absolutely deserving of being the WWE Champion, and next week, he’ll have another chance to prove this when he puts the gold on the line against Chris Jericho yet again.

Match 5 [Main Event]:

Kurt Angle & Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels & WWE Champ. John Cena

Angle demands for Jericho to let him start the match, which Jericho reluctantly obliges to. Angle then taunts Michaels, wanting to go against him to start the match. To the fans approval, Shawn accepts this offer, and thus, Angle and Michaels start the match to go at it one more time. After a bit of circling, they meet in middle with a collar and elbow tie up, which is immediately followed up by Kurt backing Shawn into the corner before breaking the hold. Angle then holds his hands up innocently in the air – before jabbing Michaels in the gut!

Angle goes to work on Michaels, showing a much more ruthless side than we’ve seen from him recently. The Wrestling Machine drills Michaels with a number of European uppercuts that leave HBK reeling. This is followed up by Angle shooting Michaels into the ropes, dodging a clothesline – And sending Shawn halfway across the ring with a RELEASE GERMAN SUPLEX!!

Angle and Michaels go at it a bit more, before finally, Jericho convinces Angle to make the tag, which he does reluctantly as Michaels manages to make the tag to Cena. To a nice reaction, the foes square off, which Cena ultimately countering a charging Jericho with a big clothesline. Cena goes on the offensive with a number of clotheslines and running shoulder blocks, leaving Y2J reeling. Cena manages to connect with a (Release?) Fisherman Suplex, followed by a cover, but Jericho kicks out right at two.

Michaels finds his way back into the match after this as he and Jericho square off. After a bit of back and forth action, a charging Jericho is countered with a back body drop to the outside from Michaels, who then sends caution to the wind by taking Jericho down with a crossbody plancha! Although HBK appears to be in the driver seat, Kurt Angle comes out of nowhere and connects with a Belly-to-Belly Suplex ... ON THE FLOOR!! Cena immediately runs over to the scene of the crime, but the referee yells at him to go back to his corner. Regardless, the damage has already been done as Michaels lays in a heap on the floor, not even moving.

The heels take advantage of the match by getting Michaels back in the ring and taking turns grounding him, although Angle spends much more time in the ring than Jericho as he tries to beat the holy hell out of HBK. Michaels is worn down with all sorts of submission holds, and every time he gets even the slightest bit closer to tagging in a fresh John Cena, something stops him, such as being dragged back to the ring, or either Angle or Jericho attacking Cena, which ends up attracting a lot of heat.

Michaels shows a great deal of fight as he refuses to be thrown around the ring like a rag doll, and desperately tries to fight back into the match with some desperate swings and chops. Unfortunately, each comeback attempt is quickly put to a halt, making Cena even more anxious on the apron.

Eventually, Angle’s ruthlessness also begins to incorporate confidence, which boils over when he tries to put the match at rest with a MOONSAULT, but Michaels rolls out of harm’s way at the last possible second, which opens the door for a change of momentum. After a long rest period, both men tag in their respective partners who waste no time in going at one another. It’s Cena, however, who quickly gains the upperhand by taking Jericho down with numerous shoulder thrusts, followed up by somersaulting over a hunched Jericho and taking him down with a neck snap!

Cena follows this up by stalking Jericho, before taking him down with a Spin-Out Powerbomb ... and signalling it’s time for the FIVE KNUCKLE SHUFFLE! The crowd erupts with a mixed reaction as Cena performs the ‘You Can’t See Me’ taunt to Jericho before bouncing off the ropes – only to go flying to the outside as Kurt Angle pulls the top rope down from the apron!!

A large quantity of heat instantly emerges as Angle hops down from the apron and focuses on Cena, but out of nowhere, Shawn Michaels comes running around the ring and he and Angle immediately engage in a huge brawl to a thunderous ovation. Both men exchange lefts and rights with one another as Chris Jericho suddenly leaps through the ropes with a SUICIDE DIVE! .. taking down Cena in the process.

Both pairs of rivals engage in warfare on the outside as the crowd goes into a frenzy. Cena and Jericho end up near the barricade, which sees Cena clotheslining him into the crowd. Eventually, the referee has no choice but to call for the bell as both of the legal men, Cena and Jericho, are seemingly on their way out of the arena in the direction their headed, and therefore, have both been counted out.

Double Countout @ 13:38

A small bit of heat is heard at this announcement, but it doesn’t stop the fights that are taking place. As predicted, Cena and Jericho continue brawling through a path in the crowd, before ending up in a backstage area and out of view of any cameras whatsoever, with officials chasing after them in hopes of separating the two of them.

Jerry Lawler:
Where are they going!? Someone’s gotta’ go and separate those two.

Meanwhile, Shawn Michaels and Kurt Angle are still at each other’s throats at ringside, with Shawn seemingly having the upperhand in the situation ... But out of nowhere, Shawn gets BLASTED BY A STEEL CHAIR!!

Instant heat pours in as Angle throws the chair to the floor and paces around the lifeless carcass of HBK. Then, Angle shows a merciless expression on his face as he pulls down his straps, attracting an even bigger reaction! Next, Angle makes his way over to the announce table – AND BEGINS TEARING IT APART!!!

A huge mixed reaction breaks loose as Angle throws the pieces of the announce table in every which direction, before ripping out a monitor and eyeing up Shawn Michaels. The Heartbreak Kid finally pulls himself to his feet, despite bleeding profusely from the chair shot, and when he groggily balances himself and turns around – HE’S BLASTED IN THE SKULL WITH A TELEVISION MONITOR!!! A number of fans at ringside scream at the delivery, as Angle now chucks the monitor as well before staring down at Michaels in anger.

A number of officials race down to the ring and order Kurt to stop, but he intimidates all of them with both verbal and physical threats, causing them to back off. Then, he drags the body of Shawn Michaels over towards the announce table, before slowly lifting him to his feet ... AND SENDING HIM THROUGH THE ANNOUNCE TABLE WITH AN ANGLE SLAM!!!!

A tiny “Ho – ly Shit!” chant follows as security guards begin a b-line towards the ring, which proves to be just in time as Angle grabs Shawn’s leg – AND LOCKS IN THE ANKLE LOCK!!!! All of the in-ring and security officials at ringside immediately grab hold of Kurt and force him to let go, although it proves to be difficult as Angle holds onto Shawn’s ankle for dear life, clearly trying to break it, and furthermore, end Shawn’s wrestling career.

Finally, Angle is separated from Michaels and forcefully begins to be escorted to the back, despite Angle staring back at Michaels with a look of an animal. The Wrestling Machine lets out a huge roar of fury, perhaps scaring some of the fans in attendance, as EMT’s quickly sprint down to the ring with a stretcher and check on Shawn Michaels, who isn’t moving.

END OF SHOW

Announced for Next Week:

Steel Cage Match; Kane vs. Edge

WWE Championship; John Cena (c) vs. Chris Jericho

Current Card for WWE SummerSlam
August 21st, 2005
MCI Center – Washington, D.C.

*NO MATCHES YET ANNOUNCED*

DH is offline   Reply With Quote