Re: Official SHIMMER Discussion Thread
SHIMMER Volume 37
- MsChif is back and looked better than she has for a while. Had a cool ring jacket too.
- Mena Libra has potential.
- LuFisto-Nakagawa was good. Again a SHIMMER original begins to return to form.
- Very solid new gimmick for Danger/Bates. Leva's ring work is getting better. She needs to keep it cartoonish IMO.
- CVE-SDR was built up by an earlier segment, where Del Rey threw Von Eerie out of the locker room. The veteran was shown bullying the younger girl while everyone just sat there awkwardly, not wanting to say anything. They also play upon the fact that both girls are from California. Good stuff.
- CVE won a decent match, with the first old school finish of the night (a lucky countout). Lot's of good booking on this show. Not just your typical finisher-123 stuff.
- The Knight Dynasty were fucking awesome. Saraya is the epitome of a ring general. They got tons of heat, had great characters and used a couple of old school tactics. One of which led to Ariel being DQ'd for using a foreign object, that had been thrown in by (Knights' manager) Rebecca Knox. Really had the crowd throughout.
- Deeb's spear is a great finisher.
- Hamada-McKay was perfect but too short (if that makes sense). It's a must-see match but, ideally, they could have done with more time, to play around with. One of the downfalls of having 11 matches on a show.
- 3S vs. Ninjas is one of the better SHIMMER tag matches ever. Lot's of good tag wrestling on this show. Prazak is obviously commited to developing that division now. Judging by the spoilers, that was a theme of this whole set of four shows. Crowd popped hard for the title switch but I'd question the wisdom of taking the belts off the Ninjas, when it's too early for it to lead, directly, to a break-up. The fact that the Ninjas beat themselves with Funky Cold Medina was, again, a very clever bit of old school wrestling psychology.
- Eagles vs. Martinez was a really good title defense. Eagles was forced to wrestle the challengers match (street thuggery), which always makes sense, in a title defense. They brawled all over the venue, old school falsies came into play (Eagles bounced out of the ring on Merc's finish) and the Champ somehow scraped out a win, despite being covered in lumps and bumps with a bust nose. One of those "now you're a champion" defenses.
Really good show, that showed lots of promise for the future. Plenty of fresh ideas, all over the product.
My Current FAVE FIVE
4) John Cena
3) Becky Lynch
2) Tama Tonga