Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums - View Single Post - The Thread Of Judgement : JWY, MankyCaaant, Pop Tart

View Single Post

Old 08-06-2011, 01:38 PM   #76 (permalink)
JimmyWangYang
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER

JimmyWangYang 1001 - 1500JimmyWangYang 1001 - 1500JimmyWangYang 1001 - 1500JimmyWangYang 1001 - 1500JimmyWangYang 1001 - 1500JimmyWangYang 1001 - 1500JimmyWangYang 1001 - 1500JimmyWangYang 1001 - 1500JimmyWangYang 1001 - 1500
Default Re: The Thread Of Judgement : JWY, MankyCaaant, Pop Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbismoNegro777 View Post
Well put. At the end of the day, it's all gonna come down to your own personal preference.

Motorhead songs aren't 'overly complicated', just more difficult than they sound. What sounds like a simple rhythm or gallop is constantly changing, as Lemmy hits it a little different each time. Whether by accident or design it makes learning the tunes more of an organic feeling out process.

Unfortunately I do tend to clump Alter Bridge into the generic hard rock/metal category. In that, within the vast lexicon of styles, theirs is one that does little to distinguish itself from the pack. Metal/Rock is littered with bands/artist who were technically proficient yet unable to find that 'it' factor.

Example: Steve Vai, is more skilled technically than anyone in Motorhead, yet I'd most likely choose Lemmy and crew over Vai every time if given a choice of the two. More proficient does not necessarily equate to being 'better' music.

Kudos, you've finally got some meat to your argument. I look forward to further discussion, but I gotta run.
Cheers.
Agreed Steve Vai is boring as fuck.
JimmyWangYang is offline   Reply With Quote