Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Official BTB Discussion Thread

489K views 6K replies 321 participants last post by  Deeds 
#1 ·
I'm not sure if it's just me, but the old thread has become an absolute pain in the ass to open due to it trying to take me ten or so pages ahead of the actual last page. So to make it easier, here's a new thread.

Old thread for those of you who wish to refer back: http://www.wrestlingforum.com/booker/510932-official-btb-discussion-thread.html

~ No spamming
~ No arguing
~ Under any circumstances, NO "WELL EXCUUUUUUUSE ME, PRINCESS!"
~ You can discuss other BTBs here, it's fine. Don't shill your BTB needlessly, however
~ If you have a question regarding "What Should You Do," just go with your gut instinct
~ Use references like google or onlineworldofwrestling for answers to questions you could easily find yourself

Post away.

#3,560 · (Edited)
Please apply aloe gently to burned area.

Yeah but I just think it's so cool to post what we want to happen and the turnouts and stuff. I've always thought to myself the way you become a good booker is when people predict a card for your show and half the people say one man will win and half say the other.

#3,565 ·
I felt like mentioning this to get opinions. Sick Nick Mondo, who was forced to retire at 23 was always an interesting talent to me. CZW is generally a company i despise for the ridiculous lack of protection in it, causing way too many disgusting injuries, but Nick is someone i kinda saw something in. Nick's currently 32 i believe, so i considered in BTB having him come out of retirement but a play on things. The BTB is called National Wrestling Federation, so NWF Official Lanny Poffo would constantly check on him to make sure he doesn't bleed. Somewhat comical saying if he even has a nose bleed he's done. I was wondering if anyone who is aware of Nick's condition, if he could possibly wrestle if he took it lightly. (I couldn't find a lot of his actual injuries aside from back puncture wounds.)

#3,566 · (Edited)
I was very young when he retired so what I do know is based from stuff with I've read and listened to after seeing his matches and becoming a fan, thus researching him per se. Besides his last injury, the back puncture wounds that he suffered at Tournament Of Death 2 in 2003, the majority of his injuries were minor - I say minor, I mean broken wrists, grade one concussions, lacerations etc. Based on the accumulation of his injuries plus the severity of his final injury, I'd say he could probably work an extended programme (ala. Rock vs. Cena) with very few matches. Wrestling every week or even every month, however, wouldn't be realistic whatsoever.

Although, I would love to read some Mondo matches based in modern day, just to simply read how their opponents would take advantage of his previous injuries and whatever, could definitely make for an interesting dynamic in matches and add several layers to the feuds and the matches themselves, similar to HHH vs. HBK at Summerslam 2002 and the way Triple H targeted Shawn's back, for example. So from a personal standpoint, I'd love to see it, and I wouldn't say it was impossible. I presume it's much more of a lifestyle choice by Mondo rather than a life necessity, if that makes sense.

#3,573 · (Edited)
The logic behind it was probably that at one point, everyone wanted to see Kennedy/Van Dam/Christian as World Champion and decided to go ahead and book it or book a main event push. I don't recall many wanting to see Hardy as World Champ and perhaps that's why many haven't pushed him to the moon, same for MVP.

Don't get me wrong, though. Some of the booking for the Christian's, the Van Dam's and the Kennedy's has been top notch, this isn't me bashing those pushes at all.

#3,574 ·
The logic behind it was probably that at one point, everyone wanted to see Kennedy/Van Dam/Christian as World Champion and decided to go ahead and book it or book a main event push. I don't recall many wanting to see Hardy as World Champ and perhaps that's why many haven't pushed him to the moon, same for MVP.

Don't get me wrong, though. Some of the booking for the Christian's, the Can Dam's and the Kennedy's has been top notch, this isn't me bashing those pushes at all.
Oh I'm not trying to bash them either, I'm just saying it'd be good to see something out of the expected/ordinary.

#3,579 · (Edited)
Christian rocks as a babyface in peril and he also rules the world as a dickhead heel. He's pretty much the total package other than his size, and even then that adds to his character as a face or heel so you could even consider his size an advantage. Kennedy, whilst I find him monotonous, repetitive and boring in real life, is decent at best. But I can understand why people like him, due to his smarmy attitude and whatever, so I understand the pushes for him but he's not my cup of tea tbh. Finally, what Rob Van Dam lacks in terms of mic skills, he more than makes up for in his in-ring presence and just little things about him, especially from 05-07. He's just really easy to get behind, has a simple yet dynamic moveset and is just likeable in general. I'd love to see someone pull the trigger on a fully fledged RVD heel run with THE FONZ~! by his side, however.

Was it KOP that pushed MVP to the World/WWE title? I can remember browsing through an older thread that pushed him to the moon. Meanwhile, Jeff Hardy's single best feuds in the WWE were with Matt Hardy, Umaga and CM Punk. His best matches were also with those three and Triple H. The link between those four? All four are much more talented than Jeff. In short, I firmly believe Jeff was carried in the majority of his feuds and matches. My opinion, of course, but I know many people would agree with me and I'm sure there will be people that disagree. DISCUSSION~!

But yeah, I'd love to see some love for other wrestlers. When I was first introduced to the section and Melvis had his old thread, I was drawn in by his use of Swagger and that is probably due to the fact that very few would push him. Wolfy's use of London and Albright, Legend's use of Big Show and TWGTT, KOP's (?) use of MVP... All examples of how pushing "less popular" wrestlers can be great. I'd love to see more of that kind of stuff and I'm sure we will. Finlay pushes, Regal pushes and Mizark pushes plz.

#3,585 ·
Given the WWE change just about everyone's name when they sign them nowadays (Bryan Danielson, Tyler Black becoming Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins etc), what's the general opinion in BTB on what name to go with if bringing one of these people in? Do you use their Indy name or their WWE name? I ask because when I initially started using Mickie James, I brought her in under the name Alexis Laree, which she had used pre-WWE, but it seemed to lead to a few people asking who the hell she was, and in part (along with input from KING.) led to me finding a way to change her to her more well known name.

#3,587 ·
Flux - My mind is constantly changing. Don't expect to see anything from me for a long while. :p

Wolf Beast - It depends on who it is. If it's a big indy name like Bryan Danielson, Tyler Reks, Chris Hero etc then I see no reason not to keep them with their indy names tbh. I'm sure most, if not all who read threads in these parts are well aware of who those big indy guys are.

#3,588 ·
Wolfy - Just put a note at the end or beginning of the thing saying that what it is, or pictures of them quite often so we know. Basically what you're doing with Nick Nemeth AKA Dolph Ziggler. But if you have no pictures just put in the news & notes as a footnote something like "Note from the booker: Alexis Laree is Mickie James, I am just using her name previous to WWE."

#3,589 ·
As long as the new name isn't ridiculous - For example, PAC being called Adrian Neville - then I don't mind. Alexis Laree, Daniel Bryan, Antonio Cesaro, Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose aren't ridiculous names. I don't think it matters much, tbh. If somebody doesn't know a wrestler by their independent name, and they were invested enough in to your product, then they would make the effort to do a five second wiki search, like KURTANGLEFAN123 said.

#3,590 ·
Ever since I read Szumi's awesome WCW thread, and the way the behind the scenes stuff panned out, I've always wanted to have a thread that at times allowed the readers to have some sort of input. As part of my backstory for my current thread, I've written out a press conference. I was thinking of at the end of the content that I need to get out in the press conference, having some question time. Rather than making up the questions myself, I was thinking of notifying readers beforehand, and allowing them to post or pm the questions they want answered. Just wondering what people thought of this idea as a whole, if I even explained it properly.

#3,594 ·
is this the thread for posting random fantasy cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.